So how do you think about the G.I. Joe:ROC figures.

Weaponmaster

I went to TRU the other day and they have less ROC figures left and I say that the line is selling with kids and collector alike. I have a couple of figures from the line and I am getting more this week. I say that Hasbro is doing a good job with this line.

i have only got 6 figs and 2 i hated and gave away the orthers where the chicks. as we always need chicks. Over all i hate the line. now with them just changing race, codename and put them on other molds. just a big fail. ILL get the res figs and some of the 25th repaints thats it. Well i know i will save alot of cash on not buying so much joe this YR. when they release the Res figs in 2010 ll be broke! till then i can save a bunch of cash to stick in the bank.

i have only got 6 figs and 2 i hated and gave away the orthers where the chicks. as we always need chicks. Over all i hate the line. now with them just changing race, codename and put them on other molds. just a big fail. ILL get the res figs and some of the 25th repaints thats it. Well i know i will save alot of cash on not buying so much joe this YR. when they release the Res figs in 2010 ll be broke! till then i can save a bunch of cash to stick in the bank.

I don't think the line is a failed but it is selling for new new collector like kids and some older fan how like the line.

I think they're going overboard.

I have no problem with the movie overall - I'm actually kind of excited to see it, though I'm not expecting anything amazing. I like the actual movie figures, but all the extra stuff they're putting out under the movie line is just getting ridiculous.

So far, I've spent MAYBE $100 on the movie stuff? A couple of the MARS 3-packs, four Neo-Vipers (I do like the regular movie Neo-Vipers a lot, actually), Destro, SS, both SEs, Desert Duke, Baroness, and I think that's it. I may get the Accelerator Suit figures too (yeah, I actually kind of like them!). I DON'T like the blue camo look at all, so I'm passing on all those.

As for the "extended movie universe" stuff, I already bought the camo Armadillo, whatever it's called again. There's a few other gems from the line that I'll be getting - such as the Ice Vipers (not sure if they're in the movie or not), Helix, the new camo Snow Serpent - but 99% of the "non-movie movie stuff" doesn't appeal to me at all, and looks pretty lazy to be quite honest.

Movie I'll have to wait and see, but I'm more pessimistic than the opposite...going in. ^_^

The toys are wonderful, and I'm pretty thrilled with everything I'm seeing thus far. If the kids LOVE'EM and demand MORE but the collectors HATE'EM and stop collecting, then I'll be happy. If the collectors are into the stuff like they were with the redo's of the 25th style, then I'm usually sh@#-out-of-luck trying to find anything, but if the collectors don't like the new characters and different look of OLD ones, then there's more for me and toy hunting is like going back to the glory days of the 1980's and 90's, and if the collectors are OUT, the kids need to be in.

For the ROC line? I really don't know. I mean, I love what they were doing with the 25th 're-duxes', and I love the added articulation and detail they've put into the figs. But as far as my collection goes, I already have an army of COBRAs, and don't like the new look, so they're right out. And as for the ROC Joes, I'm getting them to fill out my current Joe collection. They'll either be used for head swaps, or I'll pretend they're wholly different people. Like I do with the Bbi soldiers. Basically, they're greenshirt status in my Joeverse.

Thankfully they come with accessories other than the larger-than-life kid-friendly weapons! (And I see neon sneaking into the situation, too!)

I'm more concerned about the vehicles. I don't expect to have 100% re-makes of the old stuff (although that'd suit me just fine!) but these things are... I don't know... clunky? In particular, I look at the Night Raven, the Crimson jet, the gunship, and the Dragonfly - they all look to boxy and angular for me. Just not my kind of look. So that's a little disappointing.

Movie I'll have to wait and see, but I'm more pessimistic than the opposite...going in. ^_^

The toys are wonderful, and I'm pretty thrilled with everything I'm seeing thus far. If the kids LOVE'EM and demand MORE but the collectors HATE'EM and stop collecting, then I'll be happy. If the collectors are into the stuff like they were with the redo's of the 25th style, then I'm usually sh@#-out-of-luck trying to find anything, but if the collectors don't like the new characters and different look of OLD ones, then there's more for me and toy hunting is like going back to the glory days of the 1980's and 90's, and if the collectors are OUT, the kids need to be in.

see i dont mind chage IE Resolute was the best of both worlds for everyone I think, i would and am all over any res figs we can get. But the roc is just way to Sci Fi for me.

For the ROC line? I really don't know. I mean, I love what they were doing with the 25th 're-duxes', and I love the added articulation and detail they've put into the figs. But as far as my collection goes, I already have an army of COBRAs, and don't like the new look, so they're right out. And as for the ROC Joes, I'm getting them to fill out my current Joe collection. They'll either be used for head swaps, or I'll pretend they're wholly different people. Like I do with the Bbi soldiers. Basically, they're greenshirt status in my Joeverse.

Thankfully they come with accessories other than the larger-than-life kid-friendly weapons! (And I see neon sneaking into the situation, too!)

I'm more concerned about the vehicles. I don't expect to have 100% re-makes of the old stuff (although that'd suit me just fine!) but these things are... I don't know... clunky? In particular, I look at the Night Raven, the Crimson jet, the gunship, and the Dragonfly - they all look to boxy and angular for me. Just not my kind of look. So that's a little disappointing.

i hear you on there rides. i was hyped about the dragonfly till i got a close up look at the pics. it looks off and boxy. also it is a 1 seater. man I would love to see some of the 80s rides updated like the vamp. IE havoc and a few others. Also i hate the Pitt it is a MCC not a base. i want a base to be stationary now as we got enough of the mobile bases.

So...has anybody been finding figures like Helix, The Doctor or the Pit Commando at retail, or are these going to be the scalpers wet dreams of the bunch that I'll never find for myself at retail price and will forever be OUT OF STOCK on Hasbrotoyshop and other online retailers? @grumpy@

Not Suprisingly I like the CObra figures much better than the sigma six joes. But Snake Eyes is Beautiful in both versions as is Storm Shadow. Firefly and Baroness are worthy. But Im gonna pass on most of the rest of the movie stuff.

Has anybody bought the Raven. I have them child hood memories of wanting the original Raven. Bit is this one any good?

love them no complaints and my favorite was the cobra viper commando and this gives the excuse to release resolute snake eyes as city strike snake eyes and rerelease other figures with less cartoony paint jobs. BEST VIDEO GAME FIGURES EVER!

I was not about them at all until the TRU sale, after opening ones even like ponytail Scarlett, I really like 'em. These seem to hold the weapons better as well, both in hands and elbow. I am a big fan of the Desert Duke fig, it is so what I was hoping for when I was younger and tired of all the neon garbage. I was so excited when I saw the new line up for Batle Corps that looked more realistic that was eventually cancelled and ended the original line, now thanks to the movie line I have some more realistic Joes. I'm buying him up when I see him and head swaping with Green backs to make a little Squad.

My only complaint with this line is a few of my figures are very loose right off the card. It's an easy fix, but still annoying.

Has anybody bought the Raven. I have them child hood memories of wanting the original Raven. Bit is this one any good?

I will not buy it. I cherish the memory of the original, and wish I still had it. The updated version is similar in appearance only. It has a fold-down pistol grip. It has a shotgun-reload feature. It only holds one figure. It does not come with the 'secondary' craft. It is boxy and far less attractive (to me) than the original. It is meant for kids. (To me) it is a slap in the face. But I'm sure others will differ in opinion.

like a good number of them overall, I've picked up 9 so far and I have Agent Helix and a few others en route from BBTS (along with the Assault/Defense of cobra island packs). The figures so far are hit and miss in my book, and hey its like getting a bunch of new characters to me so increasing the Joe roster and cobra ranks ain't a bad thing either

Some of them are really cool and some of them suck, but for me I will at least try and get one of each. I know its a bad thing but as I always say you can spend a little now or a lot later. I have never really been into the 25th line but I have tried to keep up. My only reall problem is the total number of figures they are throwing at us at one time. You almost need a second job just to buy figures. Thank goodness for Meijers who will have them on sell for about a month at 2 figures for under $10.

• 2 weeks later...
I went to TRU the other day and they have less ROC figures left and I say that the line is selling with kids and collector alike. I have a couple of figures from the line and I am getting more this week. I say that Hasbro is doing a good job with this line.

I think these figures are great. The articulation and sculpt are good, you get a stand, and plenty of accessories.

Plus, they don't just have the movie characters, but also other Joes repainted in the movie style.

I don't really care for the way that most of the costumes they chose... I don't know why everyone has to wear black. It makes Snake Eyes a bit less.... special. He's like the Kenny Powers of the group - no one else gets to wear all black!

But the figures themselves pretty much kick ass. And they're a good value compared to Marvel Universe, which cost more, have less detailed sculpts, no stand, and few accessories.

I have a few and like what I have, but I am far from buying up the entire line. Just 4 and don't see myself getting anymore. They aren't selling here. I would've hoped and thought that after the movie hit the theaters they would have, but alas, no they are not.

I bought a bunch today (I was holding off untill after seeing the movie) I think the ROC figs are well done myself. I was good I held off anyway since they were on sale at Wal-mart for 2 for 10 (five bucks a pop!)

I got: Duke (from the opening), Ripcord (in accelerator suit), Heavy Duty, Shipwreck, Destro, Baroness, Storm Shadow (unmasked).

I especially like the fig of Shipwreck, he comes with scuba gear! Which is cool. Plus Polly easily perches on his backpack.

Second fav of the figs would be the unmasked Storm Shadow. Great facial sculpt!

It is all fail to me. I went to target and toysrus last night. Both stores were fully stocked, hardly looked like anything was touched. Even with the sales price, and after pouring over them, looking for something to buy, wanting to buy something, I walked away from it all. I didn't buy anything. They did have everything in stock, I had free range of it all. GI Joe always made me feel patriotic, and happy to be an american. Seeing that god damned generic symbol plastered on everything and no american flag in sight. It's not the same. To me it signifies that they are trying to tell me that its better not to be proud to be an american. Thats my thoughts on it, and I won't buy into it.

As a side note I read the SD comic con gi joe movie comic, that was a origin story more or less for Helix, and I didn't like that either. So I won't be picking her up either.

I know after badmouthing the movie and where the toy line is going, I am trying to come to terms with it, and find a way to like it because it is "Gi Joe!!" Even after meeting Ray Park at the comic con (which he is and always will be awesome!!), I still don't want to see it. At one point I was at the theater, and the gi joe trailer came on, and my girlfriend, who isnt into gi joe at all, said she might like to see it. Well, now that it is out, she has changed her mind (even though we have theater gift certificates.)