ROTF Fallen review

pesatyel

I already knew I wasn't going to think much of this guy. I suppose part of it is the fact he's a second rate character from one small storyline (that didn't make a lot of sense in its own right). Throw in the fact he doesn't transform into anything and you have....this thing.

Fallen001.jpgFallen002.jpg

First of all, why is he not LEADER class? I mean he's the Big Bad, isn't he?

Fallen008.jpg

You also have the pointless "flame" gimmick. Pull his head foward and the two red panels pop out. The ones on his shoulders you manually pull out.

Fallen017.jpgFallen018.jpg

Or at least I'm guessing that is what it is supposed to be. The only thing I can think of is that this a "nod" to the 3 guys who read the comic.

Alt. Mode: "Cybertronian Destroyer".

Fallen012.jpgFallen013.jpgFallen014.jpgFallen016.jpg

I will say that this mode is quite sturdy. But good thing he has telekensis as this thing wouldn't flyin in an atmosphere @lol@

Transformation: Flip his arms up over his head and put his legs on the sides.

Accessories: None.

Robot Mode: Here is where the character is supposed to "shine". Hell, he doesn't even transform in the movie.

Fallen004.jpgFallen005.jpgFallen007.jpg

Articulation: He's has quite a bit, but if you do him "correct" it is meaningless. The thighs are on ratchets foward (and back, some) and the swivel at the thigh to the sides. Knees are on a hinge with a fair range but they also swivel 360 at the knee (and the foot). Waist rotates 360. Arms have a lot of articulation, rotating 360 at the shoulders, elbows and wrists. The elbows are double jointed and the arms will fold out to the sides. The "hands" will also fold in. His biggest floaw are those two thingies on his waist. Your supposed to, for some reason, attach them to his arms which basically means his arms are stuck, eliminating ALL articulation except the wrists. They have hinges on them but no where to fold them to get them out of the way.

Action Poses:

Fallen009.jpgFallen010.jpgFallen019.jpg

Grade: D.

He's sturdy in vehicle mode but his lack of heels (his feet fold up automatically when you pick him up) make his bot mode a little weak (no much ability to pose). His hand could have been better since they aren't affected in his transformation (they are just "there"). The head could have been more "playable" if not for the lame flame panel thingies. He would have gotten an F if not for him having a lot of articulation and the sturdiness of his alt. mode.

pesatyel..

If you don't like the figure why do you waste your money on them?

Well I intend to take back the ones I don't like so its not much trouble really (wellother than the time to do it).

I can't say 100% whether or not I'd like a given figure until I have them in hand. Kinda seems fair I guess lol.

Also, I like doing the reviews. I have had a few positive comments about them and, hey, if someone is on the fence about whether to get a particular figure or not, getting some information about it is always useful or just trying to decide seeing the toy in the box.

The Fallen looked So Awesome in the Movie. This toys okay but could have been better. His head and "gills" should have been more detailed

pesatyel..

I didnt like his robot mode... but he made a great romulan ship @peace@

Well up to the current Trek movie the Romulan ships were the Warbirds not the spikey crap like that mining ship

pesatyel..

I didnt like his robot mode... but he made a great romulan ship @peace@

Well up to the current Trek movie the Romulan ships were the Warbirds not the spikey crap like that mining ship

they say its cause it survived an assimilation but I have room in my trek love for captin nemos natilus @xwing@