DCUC Wave 8 reported in stores

Ares6009

No traces of wave 8 found here in my area today. Got a feeling I might have a hard time finding them even if they do show up - both WM's in my area that carry the line just restocked with an assortment of 6-7, and both Targets are full of 7.

Now trying to decide whether to drop some money for these online, or drop money on a Gleek set...

TRU here in SA, Texas just got W8 three days ago. Asst. with Dr. Fate (reg.), Parademon (green), Vigilante, Steel, and Mr. T.

As I was shopping for my cuz b-day, I stopped in TRU and checked the DCUC, and nothing. Well nothing but 2 Cap Colds, a Mr Impossible, and a Shazam!!

TRU here in SA, Texas just got W8 three days ago. Asst. with Dr. Fate (reg.), Parademon (green), Vigilante, Steel, and Mr. T.

As I was shopping for my cuz b-day, I stopped in TRU and checked the DCUC, and nothing. Well nothing but 2 Cap Colds, a Mr Impossible, and a Shazam!!

just so people know. i got my wave 8 months ago from BBTS. it was not that much more than retail, only thing is you have to order as soon as a new wave goes up so you can make sure your on the first shippment...

got a wave 8 box off the truck at the TRU i work at...it didnt have Hawkgirl or Gentleman Ghost, and instead had best-ofs of Cpt. Marvel and Green Lantern. My Giganta is headless!

we also got 2 each of the Batman/Clayface and Supes/Brainiac packs

What's your location? My TRU is expecting a truck later this week, and I'm trying to determine if these should have filtered all the way to GA yet or not.

got a wave 8 box off the truck at the TRU i work at...it didnt have Hawkgirl or Gentleman Ghost, and instead had best-ofs of Cpt. Marvel and Green Lantern. My Giganta is headless!

we also got 2 each of the Batman/Clayface and Supes/Brainiac packs

What's your location? My TRU is expecting a truck later this week, and I'm trying to determine if these should have filtered all the way to GA yet or not.

Im in Springfield MO

Nothing really over in NJ. No TRU 2 packs and we're still getting the Best Of assortments. The Walmarts around here haven't even jacked up the price yet. At least they have some traces of DCUC. Shows they're making the effort.

I saw both 2 packs again this morning at 2 different TRU's. Also leftover Wave 7 (Wonder Woman, Captain Cold - THE SHELFWARMER of this wave, Camo Aquaman, and Blue Beatle). Wal-Marts haven't seem to be getting anything new in at all other than Sonic Arm Cyborg and the random restock of Wave 6 or 7.

I spotted a case of wave 8 and the new 2-packs on the floor yesterday morning at the TRU here in Raleigh, NC. I thought that was cool to see these in the wild.

Now here is where it gets interesting, I went back this morning to see if I missed anything from the truck yesterday something in the DCUC section caught my eye. On the front of the peg was Vigilante, nothing odd there. Then I look behind it and someone had taken the packaging from the Parademon and remove the BAF piece and replaced the parademon with the Ultimate Lizard from the Spider-Man Classics line without his tail and carefully resaeled the blister to decieve the unknowing eye of a CSR. Behind him was a DC Direct Captain Boomerang in the Commander Steel package and Iron Lad from the Young Avengers in Mr. Terrific's package. You could tell that whoever the Skumbag that did this took the time to pose them in the plastic so they could slide the through Customer Service. Out of curiosity, I decided to look at the Vigilante again and sure enough the BAF piece was missing. Then I look at the 2-packs, and surprise, Brainiac had been replaced with a Young Avengers Patriot body with a DC Direct Brother Blood Head. I scooped all of these up and took them to Customer Service to show them that they had been duped by some lowlife who was blatently stealing from them without them knowing any better. At least they should have this person's info on the return slips from yesterday. I showed them the figures that were on the back of the packaging and the figures that were in the packages and they were surprised. I hope they catch the guy who did it, but if they don't I know that Karma will eventually catch up to him.

I have seen that happen before at my Toys R Us and just like you I know most of my characters so I know if something is wrong. Like one time the 3 pack of G.I. JOE that has the cartoon verison of Roadblock,Lady Jaye,Destro. Well when I was fixing the Joe ilsle I saw the box and someone had put a Barbecue in Roadblocks place and a Serpento in Destros and the box look like it was never been open the tape was still like new and everything else was like it was never been touch. But I knew someone had taken them out so I had to take it to RDG to have them take care of it.

it surprises me easy that can to be for thief to remove content of packing and to change it of such form that nobody except for client can to give account of theft, but that no other thing surprises to me that in a store as TRU is so simple to do something thus, in the stores of is relatively simple here, is even a gift, even whereupon some count on security cameras and is personnel watching the sectors, the only thing that it prevents me to be attemped to take something is the fact that never there is nothing good that for buying

I have seen the returns where people had taken BAF pieces out, but this was on a larger scale than I had seen before. The one that amazed me was the 2-pack. I mean the Patriot body with the Brother Blood head was just stupid looking. I laughed when I saw it and wished I had my camera with me to show all of you, it was that bad.

Wave 8 just started coming out so I don't think we will see 9 until Sept. so got a long weight. I myself haven't seen wave 8 yet. But I have two friends at work looking out for them. They both no I want Hawkgirl out of this wave.

I hope wave 9 is postponed until early Sept. My wallet is going to be in a world of hurt after I'm through getting scalped by ebay sellers for the Gleek set, the MOTU artbook then He-ro goes on sale Monday then Tri-Klops two weeks later. I would have been fine if I could have gotten the Gleek set for $40 and the artbook for $50.

Plus frankly I need a good month to decompress after the whole SDCC debacle.

Still no wave 8 over here in Riverside CA.

• 1 month later...

I stopped by the South TRU on my way home this morn and found a long Vigilante!! Pretty nice figure!! I have yet to open it though, so I don't know about the quality of the plastic!!! Hopefully it's sound!!!

So 4 down, 3 to go!!!

Dr. Fate

Vigilante

Parademon (red of course)

Hawkgirl

Commander Steel

Mr. Terrific

Gentlemen Ghost