DCUC Wave 8 reported in stores

Ares6009

The blokes from ActionFigureInsider (Toy Otter and Jullius Marx) reported that they stopped off at a TrU before they got to SDCC and found wave 8 on the pegs. In Cali, of course, but it's a start! So begins the hunt! (and the increased anticipation, as well!)

The blokes from ActionFigureInsider (Toy Otter and Jullius Marx) reported that they stopped off at a TrU before they got to SDCC and found wave 8 on the pegs. In Cali, of course, but it's a start! So begins the hunt! (and the increased anticipation, as well!)

Is this the Giganta wave? If so, I saw these here in south Texas at TRU as well. A lonely Dr. Fate.

Yes I noticed that all the TRUs seem to be getting the second mix of wave 8 that comes with 1 WGSH Bats, 1 WGSH Shazam, 2 Terrifics, 2 Steels, 2 Vigilantes, 1 Dr Fate(50/50 as to which version) and 1 Parademon(50/50 which version).

I've been keeping a look out for a GGhost for another poster as well as seeing if the Fate variant coloring has been corrected as Mattel suggested it would.

This is more annoying than a little bit, I am so over wave 8 and soooo ready for wave 9. They said 9 would be out in July, well kids its almost over.

Scott from ETC said he spoke to his Mattel rep recently and was told September for wave 9. I'm not sure if that'll be before or after it shows up at retail, but it should be a good estimate.

I'm more on wave 8 right now like others here said. Wave 9 can weight. Hawkgirl is one I want. Maybe I will have luck at my Toys R Us tomorrow when I go to work there.

I went to work yesterday (Target, Wilmington North Carolina) and I was amazed to see all of wave 8 on the shelf even the Dr. Fate variant. I bought the Variant and The two P.demons. :D I don't really like the price hike. Now I have a little Parademon army of 4, 2 red 2 green.

I had wrote about this when I was talking about what I picked up at the TRU G.I. joe sale and I was commenting on how I picked up Dr. Fate, Vigilante, Commander Steel, The Superman/Brainiac and Batman/Clayface 2-packs and Mr. T.

I Love the Dr. Fate & Vigilante. Vigilantes paint is not that great as usual, in my mind they haven't fixed anything with this problem, but I was lucky when I first found him that they 2 to choose from, so I got a decent one. His guns are not as cheaply made as Deathstrokes which is a plus. Dr. Fate is just a favorite of mine, so I'm just happy I have one and he looks pretty sweet.

The Mr. T is o.k. but no pun intended here, but his balls don't stay on his back all that well. Commander Steel is well Commander Steel and I only really picked him up for the Giganta piece. The Giganta looks like a nice piece from what I have been able to put together of her. I wish the figure in this form would have been more to scale considering she could hold someone Grods size in the palm of her hand (see the second to last episode of JLU season 2) but I'm just happy to get her.

Love the Sups/Brainiac set. The new Batman is awesome and I love the arms on Clayface. I don't know if the first version had these arms or not, I never owned it, but I do like them. I hope they release this Batman without the clay platter. No sign of Hawkgirl, either Parademons or Gent Ghost. I've seen Dr. Fate and Commander Steel at multiple TRU's though.

Sorry if this was to long.

I went to work yesterday (Target, Wilmington North Carolina) and I was amazed to see all of wave 8 on the shelf even the Dr. Fate variant. I bought the Variant

Was the variant the one with the gold helmet but yellow gloves and capes? Mattel said they were going to correct it in later runs to be all gold and blue. I just wanted to see if they actually did.

I picked up most of wave 8 for a buddy at the Carbondale, IL Wal-Mart Monday night. They had both Fates & Parademons as well as 2 each of Hawkgirl & Gentleman Ghost. Repaacks of Batman & Robin (I think) rounded out the case. So it looks like this wave is hitting all stores, albeit with a different mix at different stores.

When I when to work today at Toys R Us I when to the DCU Isle and we didn't have any of series 8 figures. on wave 7.

001-2.jpg

Ya know I was so excited to find a variant I didn't even notice the yellow gloves. DANG! It looks alittle funky. LOL! :blink:

This is to answer Degra's question.

You know they should done the cape gold as well it would lot better.

Testor's Model Master Acrylic Brass paint that you can get from WalMart is an exact match to the gold. I've been told you can paint the gloves and cape with it and it comes out beautifully. I want to do it but my hands are so shakey I'm afraid I'll do a bad job and have paint slop everywhere.

Testor's Model Master Acrylic Brass paint that you can get from WalMart is an exact match to the gold. I've been told you can paint the gloves and cape with it and it comes out beautifully. I want to do it but my hands are so shakey I'm afraid I'll do a bad job and have paint slop everywhere.

Never having attempted such a thing with an action fig, I'd be worried too. Especially if you have to take into account the base coat like you do with model cars, which I have tried that on. (never came out like I expected!)

This is more annoying than a little bit, I am so over wave 8 and soooo ready for wave 9. They said 9 would be out in July, well kids its almost over.

Scott from ETC said he spoke to his Mattel rep recently and was told September for wave 9. I'm not sure if that'll be before or after it shows up at retail, but it should be a good estimate.

I guess my wallet gets a break then,