Sign in to follow this  
Quazar

Indiana Jones is BACK!!

Awesome!! Let's hope we see the rest of that second Raiders wave...

Is there a chance these were taken in a "no photos" area at Toy Fair or are just customs?

That's what I was thinkin' might be the case, seeing how the heads on these Nazi's look an awfil lot like Buzzer's...

motorcycle.pngbuzzer4large.jpg

I gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised to see this line revitalized. Looks good! Hopefully Hasbro will rerelease the Temple of Doom wave which very few of us ever found.

I lucked out and found them at the Hasbro store in Downtown Disney last month

Oh nice! That's cool you were able to find them.

Really? :huh: They were peg-warmers here (like the rest of the line) and eventually went on clearance for like 4 bucks. ^_^

It'll be nice to see this line come back though.... B)

Holy crap, I had no idea they were getting good distribution in Canada, and they went on clearance...lol!

I gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised to see this line revitalized. Looks good! Hopefully Hasbro will rerelease the Temple of Doom wave which very few of us ever found.

I lucked out and found them at the Hasbro store in Downtown Disney last month

Oh nice! That's cool you were able to find them.

I had enough for 4 so I had to pass on Indy and a Thugee

I know our hopes have been crushed before with the Indiana Jones line, and while I don't know any more than anyone else here on the board, I see reason for hope.

A commemorative type release of these figures would make a lot of sense. We know Hasbro already had tools made for Toht and Dietrich, and odds are that the motorcycle is the same as the one that came with the German solider from "Last Crusade" with some slight modifications and the sidecar added - the original release did have attachment points on the right side for a sidecar.

Hasbro and Lucas have a long history of these sort of commemorative figure releases corresponding with movie, video game, and DVD releases. Just in the last year or two we've seen figure sets for The Clone Wars, The Force Unleashed, and for the DVD release of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

I don't know anything about this reported new Indiana Jones game, but from the look of it all of the figures are from Raiders. The German motorcycle did appear in Raiders during the cargo truck chase - it just wasn't featured as memorably as it was in Last Crusade. I'm really surprised by what appears to be the giant sherpa since we never saw anything about him... I wonder if they'd throw in an Indy with him since it's also surprising that we haven't seen a different Indy packed with every other figure.

As far as these figures looking like customs... they probably are. Customs made by Hasbro. All of the toy companies do that for these sort of conventions in order to gauge interest on a product before they actually put in any more time and money to actually get it ready for production. And since Hasbro owns both the Star Wars and GI Joe figure lines, and since they are all 3 3/4" scale along with Indy, it would make sense that they would use bits from Star Wars and GI Joe figures to cobble together rough prototypes for this sort of display.

Now if we could just see additional two packs of the German Mechanic and Indy in German uniform and white dress Marion with white suit Belloq then the world would be an awesome place.

I'm not sure if these are real or fake, but I would have to lean towards fake just because I can't see any IJ toys being released without an IJ figure included.

I'm not sure if these are real or fake, but I would have to lean towards fake just because I can't see any IJ toys being released without an IJ figure included.

Agreed. Also I find it strange that those pictures are only found in a few select areas off the web. Also if you look at the German soldiers riding on the motorcycle/sidecar, it's labeled as the "titanium series". If you look closely, those German soldiers actually have joints.

What a tease! lol.

Apparently these figures were a hoax. I really hope not. I am still caring a little hope.

Chopz

I feel very guilty about having created this thread and gotten hopes up, but now it really seems obvious that these babies are fakes and part of an elaborate hoax.

Over the past few days, the figures have been painstakingly analyzed on other sites and they simply MUST be custom jobs.

Too many flaws, too many parts cribbed from other figures, too many inconsistencies.

And, of course, no word from Hasbro at the Con.

The "con" is on us, gang. It's disappointing, but undeniable at this point.

Still, despite my disappointment, I have a lot of admiration for the sinister customizer and, in a weird way, this whole rollercoaster has been fun.

If these are in fact customs, I am sorely disappointed. I would like to have some more IJ figures. I never got any of the TOD line.

After doing some research on other boards and on the net. It seems those figures there were more of a "what could have once been" tease as part of the line as well as the 6 figures from Raiders we saw at last years SDCC. (Has it really been a year already?)