2009 SDCC Preview NIght: Marvel Legends

Remember, you only get to pick three, and you only get six of them. The other twelve are just salt in a wound.

Constrictor and Hood look great though.

how do you know it's salt in a wound? we dont know what Hasbro has planned because they never let anybody know anything until they're ready.

Man - only three... Well, in addition the the three displayed that were already announced, that is. My votes are on the one's that I never even saw the first time around! (Deadpool, <White> Phoenix, and Black Widow).

But I'd really like to see them all! (and MAN, are they digging deep! I don't even remember the names of one or two of those!)

my poor wallet! dam, that phantomex looks good, he's got the midfoot joints at least. hope to get my hands on a deadpool too, it's not as cool as the ML6 version but it's one i'll let the kids play with.

Another reminder that out of that lot, we're only going to see 6. The 3 Hasbro chooses, and the 3 the fans vote for. I imagine which ones Hasbro picks will be somewhat based on who wins the fan poll. For example, if we pick Deadpool, they'll pick Lady Deadpool. We pick Phoenix - they'll pick Madrox or Warpath. I don't know who this 'Phantomex' is, but he looks like he'd be a pair for Black Widow. And so forth.

Kinda blows, 'cause there's a good lot there that are very appealing - knowing we only get 6 is a little bittersweet. (Though that Valkyrie has been on the block before, so maybe they'd find a way to fit the others in down the line)

If Paper Bag Spidey doesn't get voted in this time I'll be so disappointed.

I also want Deadpool and the Hood. Hopefully Havok will make the cut and get into the 2 packs too.

Another reminder that out of that lot, we're only going to see 6. The 3 Hasbro chooses, and the 3 the fans vote for. I imagine which ones Hasbro picks will be somewhat based on who wins the fan poll. For example, if we pick Deadpool, they'll pick Lady Deadpool. We pick Phoenix - they'll pick Madrox or Warpath. I don't know who this 'Phantomex' is, but he looks like he'd be a pair for Black Widow. And so forth.

Kinda blows, 'cause there's a good lot there that are very appealing - knowing we only get 6 is a little bittersweet. (Though that Valkyrie has been on the block before, so maybe they'd find a way to fit the others in down the line)

Fantomex is an X-men character, he was another Weapon X thingy created in that atrocious New X-men run by Grant Morrison. My top 3 choices would be Havok, Black Widow and Constrictor.

Fantomex is an X-men character, he was another Weapon X thingy created in that atrocious New X-men run by Grant Morrison. My top 3 choices would be Havok, Black Widow and Constrictor.

Fantomex was one of the main reasons I stopped reading that crap back in the day (hard to believe that's "the day" now). Grant Morrison put the first chink in the "Jamie (me) loves X-Men Unconditionally" armor. Now I don't read any of the X-Men titles. I'm so sick of their emo crap. Spidey makes up for that by coming out 3 times a month.

Heh - guess I'm not missing anything then... (and I think it would have been cooler spelled with the 'ph')

That big guy with the flag on his face - I remember his debut in Daredevil waaaay back in the day - he takes pills to augment his mood, right? Thought he was kinda lame back then, but he's still around? (name on the tip of my tongue - something stupidly simple...)

Brother Voodoo? Really? So, like, Man-Ape, Grim Reaper, and Nekra aren't out of the question then, eh? (waitaminnut! that Lady Deadpool could be customed into a Nekra!)

I'm sticking with the desire for the three I missed - Deadpool, BW, and Phoenix. Would be nice if they could throw an Iceman my way, too.

it's very sad if they dont make more Legends than 6 when they got what looks like 100 new MU figures.I dont care for those smaller figures so i guess i wont be getting many new figures.

Guess i'll have to see what kind of customs i can get off of ebay.

Toybiz needs to come back because Hasbro is just kiling the Legends line.

H A S B R O Marvel marketing strategy:

Marvel Universe - Offer "A" list characters and offer full support and resources. Flood market with this line.

Marvel Legends - Show 18 obscure, less known, not in demand characters with rehashed body parts and repaints and offer fan poll to produce 3 + 3 characters in limited release 2 packs in 2010. Also, kill Titanium Man and Crimson Dynamo prototypes accidentally posted in ToyArk because it generates too much fan interest. These would reduce tooling costs and paying high sculptors costs.

I think his name is Nuke.

Is he a Hero, Villain or Anti-hero?, In which comics did he appear?

By the way, I thought we would be seeing the other prototypes from TOYFARE, (MAGNETO, SILVER SAMURAI, Dave Cockrums' STORM, AURORA and LILANDRA)

Does anyone here know something about their status (besides that it was a cool pic w/them)?

deadpool (deadpool movie)

brother voodoo

black widow (get reguardless I think thanks to ironman movie)

warpath xforce

ms marvel

havok

Constrictor

the hood

matroix

xforce wolvie

lady bullseye

This is the stuff that frankly should get made no matter what, all of these characters are getting quite a lot of use in comics these days though I guess in the toy world what does THAT have to do with anything :S

i like pretty much all the Legends figures we have to choose from and i hope Hasbro just makes them all.Course i was hoping that for the Toyfare fan poll that Sunfire won.Still dont see why all those figures havent been dont yet.

but out of everything they showed i really,really want that Crimson Dynamo & Titanium Man they showed,briefly.

i like pretty much all the Legends figures we have to choose from and i hope Hasbro just makes them all.Course i was hoping that for the Toyfare fan poll that Sunfire won.Still dont see why all those figures havent been dont yet.

but out of everything they showed i really,really want that Crimson Dynamo & Titanium Man they showed,briefly.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Hasbro already mentioned the Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man photos were inadvertenlty leaked by mistake and at present they cannot find retailers willing to distribute any more 6" Iron Man line figures. They will be retired for now.

Just saw that Bulldozer of the Wrecking Crew will be joining the Secret Wars 2 packs along with Ben Grimm, Mohawk Storm, Enchantress and Spider Woman. He joins the confirmed team members, Piledriver, Thunderball. The Wrecker, Absorbing Man, Titania and She Hulk are sure to be not far behind. Check ComicArtFans.com. Too bad that Hasblow did not even consider these for Marvel Legends releases.