ROC figures moving pretty well

RobbieDigital

I went on a toy run the other day hoping to find some of the more obscure non-movie/movie figures.....I went to 2 Wal-marts, 3 Targets, and a TRU. I have to say the stuff was pretty much picked through.......I mean there wasn't empty pegs or anything but you can tell the stuff is moving pretty well. The TRU by me had almost nothing but Breaker's, BBQ's, and Firefly's.

I somehow snagged the last Paris Pursuit Snake-Eyes at Wal-mart though.......that trench coat is too cool.

on a side note........can't say the same for those "Terminator Salvation" figures.....those things are EVERYWHERE!!!

I went on a toy run the other day hoping to find some of the more obscure non-movie/movie figures.....I went to 2 Wal-marts, 3 Targets, and a TRU. I have to say the stuff was pretty much picked through.......I mean there wasn't empty pegs or anything but you can tell the stuff is moving pretty well. The TRU by me had almost nothing but Breaker's, BBQ's, and Firefly's.

I somehow snagged the last Paris Pursuit Snake-Eyes at Wal-mart though.......that trench coat is too cool.

on a side note........can't say the same for those "Terminator Salvation" figures.....those things are EVERYWHERE!!!

Nobody wants that terminator defecation crap.

They seem to be doing OK in my area, too. Not completely wiped out but still moving more than any other line that's come out this summer, except maybe TF2 (hard to tell with that one because they seem to restock the shelves daily).

Hopefully sales will pick up even more after the movie.

There were a couple of preteen boys and some 7/8-year-olds going through them the other day at Wal-mart and Target the other day, so it's not just us older collectors apparently. It was fun seeing the younger crowd excited about Joes again.

There were a couple of preteen boys and some 7/8-year-olds going through them the other day at Wal-mart and Target the other day, so it's not just us older collectors apparently. It was fun seeing the younger crowd excited about Joes again.

I don't know what the "kids" are privy to that's building up the enthusiasm (pre-release of this movie) besides just the few previews on TV now, but it's working? Each time I've been out hunting and looking, the kids have been quite interested in these toys now. I even overhear the parents yelling to their kids "OH..here's the G.I.JOE'S boys!" and they come a runnin'! ^_^

Seems the kids today don't need bright, flashy, glow-in-the-dark, colors BEAMING from out of the package to them, to get their attention anymore.....like frogs in the beam of a flashlight before ya GIG'em? @loll@

frogb.th.jpg

yeah dude, price matching at target has helped too. 5 bucks is not too shabby. the giant launcher is crap and i just throw them in the recycle bin.

i even reworked a crappy neo viper commando into something decent. i took the head off cc, painted the commando head silver and he doesn't look too bad. that will be my movie cc. the body minus the stupid chest & shoulder pads with tru firefly's vest and a 25th cobra trooper head makes a decent night trooper.

first time poster but anyways is it me or does the movie vipers look like the guys from army of 2?news_army-of-two-2_ankuendigung.jpg

That, and even Jason X...

http://i41.tinypic.com/dlgb51.jpg

I can only speak for my area but TRU seems to have barely had anything from day one. Even with the sale. Targets are fully stocked at all times. Walmart doesn't even know there's a GI Joe movie coming out.

(lol) Actually I have found ROC stuff at the Wal-Marts around here, but I'll echo what you're saying about TRU; they hardly have anything ROC usually. Target is where I've found the bulk of my collection.

first time poster but anyways is it me or does the movie vipers look like the guys from army of 2?news_army-of-two-2_ankuendigung.jpg

yeah I know this sounds bad but I am actually geeking out that one of my "forum heroes" is replying. see I found out about this site in 07 and it has to be the best news site. Yeah I know I sound pathetic. but anyways the vipers look awesome and I think the movie will be great like a video game on screen.

I think the fact that these figures are pretty cool and that TRU and now Mejiers have had those 2 for $10 sales have really helped. I would even go as far as to say it may have pushed a lot of people who were on the fence to pick some up.