The Dark Knight movie masters ....WTF!?

ChopperMonsterPoint

Some have pointed out that Mattel has to have spent too much money on the unreleased figures (the cost of tooling is expensive) to not release them in some form. And since we've already seen prototypes/test shots/whatever-you-want-to-call-thems of Two Face, Bank Robber Joker, etc., hopefully that means the money is already spent on tooling and we will actually get them someday.

I'm not sure if I'll be cracked on for being "negative" but who really cares.

I have a Toys R Us in my area and it's just full of Movie Masters Batman figures, I imagine a lot of other stores have this same problem. Also, you're selling figures from a movie that's been out for a year. The point is you may have to pay a little extra to get these figures on Mattycollector but at least you'll get them.

I'd call that Mattel listening to their customers.

I have a Toys R Us in my area and it's just full of Movie Masters Batman figures, I imagine a lot of other stores have this same problem. Also, you're selling figures from a movie that's been out for a year. The point is you may have to pay a little extra to get these figures on Mattycollector but at least you'll get them.

If you're talking to me, I wasn't complaining, I was just asking a question. :) I don't mind paying extra, I'm just genuinely curious how much they'll be. Has it been stated anywhere?

If you're talking to me, I wasn't complaining, I was just asking a question. :) I don't mind paying extra, I'm just genuinely curious how much they'll be. Has it been stated anywhere?

No DTC, I was not referring to you. While I didn't appreciate you calling me a troll the other day I guess you have to take some to give some. No hard feelings, you're all right in my book.

I'd be real surprised if they were less than $20. Each prototype has to make a certain amount to be profitable.

hm i think if they are matty exclusives, means that mattel had to spend a little more money on them. look at the paint and all. two face and joker are hard to paint. specialy when it comes to end products. i am realy happy, that mattel did a site where i can get them. mattel will own most of my money.

-batman movie masters

-ghostbusters

-he-man

-dcuc

boah, glad that they dont have more licenses. i think i need a second job.

what sucks it that each will come out at a different time so you have to pay for shipping each time which is really lame. i think i am all about done with mattel, going to stick with my joes and that is it for me!

what sucks it that each will come out at a different time so you have to pay for shipping each time which is really lame. i think i am all about done with mattel, going to stick with my joes and that is it for me!

Wait...these ARE going to be Matty exclusive? I've pillaged the entire forum/homepage for this news, but can't find it! Can you link it, please?

I don't mean to sound disrespectful but this line didn't set the toy shelves on fire. They're not bad figures by any stretch of the imagination, they just have a limited following. Point is you might be able to hang on an extra month and stock up.

Maybe you'll get lucky and Mattel will set up something similar to MOTUC. Call Matty and tell 'em how you feel.

Movie Masters started out setting the shelves on fire, but once that recall hit, that pretty much killed the line. No one could find anything when they wanted it, and then after the figures were available again, they shipped tons of the same three figures, so places like Toys R Us are still up to their eyeballs in The Dark Knight figures. It was a massive blunder to not have new MM figures on the shelves when the movie was out.

Wait...these ARE going to be Matty exclusive? I've pillaged the entire forum/homepage for this news, but can't find it! Can you link it, please?

I didn't read anything, but I saw the little cards that were displayed with the figures at SDCC, and it said MattyCollector.com on them. You might check out the TNI photo galleries if you want to see it for yourself.

The smaller Two-Face from the regular The Dark Knight line is actually quite good and detailed despite his shortness (compared to the Movie Masters) and lack of accessories (he only comes with some kind of out of scale coin top/throwing star/garbage thingy).

If you really want a good The Dark Knight Two-Face he's not bad at all. :)

The pictures from SDCC 09 did show the MM DK figures were going to be on sale exclusively through MattyCollector.com. I think I read somewhere that Bank Robber Joker will be the first up on sale in September. I think Jail Cell/House Joker will be one of the last ones released. I really hope they dropped that lousy "prop" evidence accessory and give us some REAL accessories. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one. lol.