Star Trek Ships

JumpTheShark

Looks like Diamond put the Excelsior on hold, I read the Q&A and they specifically said 1701-B and a Klingon ship are their next ship releases. I'm guessing either the Battlecruiser or Bird-of-Prey.

That's great and sucks all at the same time! Oh well, at least we will be getting the Enterprise B. However, I think that the Excelsior should come first.

finally some aliens ... I like how they said "on hold" rather than canceled like the borg wave LOL

Yeah I have the borg wave on order but I hope they cancel it completely so I don't have to buy it. I'm ironman1 btw or was anyway.

Looks like Diamond put the Excelsior on hold, I read the Q&A and they specifically said 1701-B and a Klingon ship are their next ship releases. I'm guessing either the Battlecruiser or Bird-of-Prey.

Maybe I'm just confused, but I didn't think they had ever planned to release an "Excelsior," just the 1701-B, which is an Excelsior-class.

Maybe I'm just confused, but I didn't think they had ever planned to release an "Excelsior," just the 1701-B, which is an Excelsior-class.

Yes they did.

IMG_0441.jpg

Yes they did.

Oh, cool. Must have missed that or forgotten about it. No real loss for me though, I like the Excelsior-class, but I wasn't planning on picking up either of these.

• 1 month later...

I think Excelsior should have priority. It's a better looking design and a more Iconic ship, not to mention more air time. And who wouldn't want Sulu's first command :).

Am I the only person who would like to see them make ships that have never been done before, like say the Akira class.

• 2 weeks later...

its the same mold!! why can't they release them at the same time?? that makes no sense!!

It's not the same; look closely at the above pic (or pics of the movie models), the Enterprise has a modified saucer.

That being said, considering how long the Enterprise D was delayed, I'm not surprised to hear this at all. It'll come along eventually. As soon as I saw they were making one I sold my Playmates Enterprise B. My hope is DS comes up with a solution to the nacelle droop which plagues the Playmates version. The pylons need to be made from some very rigid plastic or better yet reinforced with a bit of metal.

And while I'd love a good BoP that has wings that move, I'd also be happy with a nice TOS Klingon Battlecruiser which not even Playmates got to. For that matter, I really want an Enterprise C which we've never seen at this scale either.

Has anyone had any problems with the lights dieing on these ?! One of the lights on my enterprise d died, the red part on the warp engine nacell. I'm exchanging it for a new one this weekend at the store however its made me wonder... What the heck am I suppose to do when it happens again in the future ...

Its not like they made these things with easy access so you can just change a light bulb :S

Has anyone had any problems with the lights dieing on these ?! One of the lights on my enterprise d died, the red part on the warp engine nacell. I'm exchanging it for a new one this weekend at the store however its made me wonder... What the heck am I suppose to do when it happens again in the future ...

Its not like they made these things with easy access so you can just change a light bulb :S

The red tip on the nacelle is called the bussard collector, mine work just fine. It's an LED not a light bulb.

The red tip on the nacelle is called the bussard collector, mine work just fine. It's an LED not a light bulb.

So what leds last for ever?! :S Still though why did mine suddenly stop working ?! & ... are you kidding me with that name?! :D I love trek but @loll@

Word has it is that the Klingon ship that's planned in the K'Tinga class Battlecruiser from TMP. You know because it's the 30th anniversary for the movie.

While I'd rather see something more modern from say TNG I wouldn't mind this one bit

About a month I picked up the K'Tinga Class Battle Cruiser ornament from the Hallmark store

& for that wheeljack I thank you for this fine ship we are about to get from diamond :P

So what leds last for ever?! :S Still though why did mine suddenly stop working ?! & ... are you kidding me with that name?! :D I love trek but @loll@

Word has it is that the Klingon ship that's planned in the K'Tinga class Battlecruiser from TMP. You know because it's the 30th anniversary for the movie.

While I'd rather see something more modern from say TNG I wouldn't mind this one bit

About a month I picked up the K'Tinga Class Battle Cruiser ornament from the Hallmark store

& for that wheeljack I thank you for this fine ship we are about to get from diamond :P

The K'Tinga is modern, they still use it. It was seen at DS9 too. Think of it as the Klingon's version of the Colt 1911, the design is so good it hasn't changed in 100 years.

Hope you were able to exchange it with one that works. I'm guessing you got a defective one. Did the saucer separation sound effect differ any by chance?

I have not actaully had time to take the new one out of the box but I hit the button quite af ew times in stores & nothing wrong happneed.... I also saw a youtube video where someone else stoped at "sepp" the same as mine so I think they all do that ... @hmmm@ . & yes I exchanged mine with no problems :D Hopefully there is nothing wrong with this one ...

I'm abit annoyed with diamond because I sent them an email asking what I should do with it & never got any reply ... poor customer service from them imo!