Two G.I.Joe Movie Sequels CONFIRMED

Lost Viper

Sienna Miller confirmed on Sydney radio tonight that the stars of the upcoming "G.I.Joe Rise of the Cobra" have signed for TWO (yes two!!) sequels to the film to be released in early August...

Sienna Miller, Rachel Nichols, Channing Tatum and Marlon Wayans are all currently in Australia to promote the film...

@firedevil@

you know, I really hope that in the next ones, they will introduce a more RAH feel to the movies... like maybe how the greenshirts gave way to the cooler characters.

maybe the blue camo/black armor suits will give way to more individualized/characteristic appearances.

I totally hate the Zartan Figure. If Zartan looks like that in the movie, then people new to G.I.Joe are going to think fans of G.I.Joe are nuts. I totally think Zartan is being dummed down. The only cool Figure I have seen so for is Snake Eyes. They must have got the cheapest costume designer in Holly wood to do their vipers. They look like there are wont to be characters called the immortals from the movie the 300.

they are singed for 2 that dosent mean they will as if the movie tanks there wont be. it is if it dose well they will start to write the script for the next. as it will be at least 2yrs for them to get it out. just like Tf did.

Well sequels all come down too$$$

If they make money there will be a trilogy, kind of a given

but if the movie bombs there will be no trilogy

HHmmmm....almost as if these kinds of movies are MADE to be franchises from the get go....

A bomb does not necessarily mean there will be no more GI Joe movies. Look at Fantastic Four, Hulk, we're even getting another Daredevil (I think). People don't like to give up and let these franchises die. If anything they'll just go at it from a different angle. We're sure to get more GI Joe movies.

HHmmmm....almost as if these kinds of movies are MADE to be franchises from the get go....

A bomb does not necessarily mean there will be no more GI Joe movies.

and if it is a bomb (which I don't think it will be), at least that gives that director and produce a direction to go in - Return of Cobra, Reign of Cobra - sequel will almost have to kick ass even more.

they are singed for 2 that dosent mean they will as if the movie tanks there wont be. it is if it dose well they will start to write the script for the next. as it will be at least 2yrs for them to get it out. just like Tf did.

Usually when a studio signs up for two follow ups before the first movie debuts, its a sign they have a lot of confidence in the film.

I'd say, more than anything, its a result of very positive testing, and Hasbro being very happy with the movie--along with a lot of anticipation.

The movie could still very well bomb, but the way this thing is being marketed, and the buzz about it........I'd expect it to do stellar business regardless of what we think of it as a GIJOE film.

Yeah, Dennis Quaid confirmed in the article I quoted from Sci Fi Magazine that he had signed on for two sequels. I hope ROC does well enough to warrant sequels...

As people have said it doesn't mean they will get made, but it does show that paramount has faith in Joe. But then again Michael Keaton was signed for three Batman movies, as were both Val Kilmer and George Clooney. Still I'm looking forward to seeing this in theatres.

As for Zartan, from what I heard his part isn't quite short enough to be a cameo but not long enough to be a huge part of the movie and while I see a lot of people complain about the figure Ijust don't get it. He's a master of disguise and is in disguise in the movie.

I totally hate the Zartan Figure. If Zartan looks like that in the movie, then people new to G.I.Joe are going to think fans of G.I.Joe are nuts. I totally think Zartan is being dummed down. The only cool Figure I have seen so for is Snake Eyes. They must have got the cheapest costume designer in Holly wood to do their vipers. They look like there are wont to be characters called the immortals from the movie the 300.

Zartan's character was totally shredded in this movie adaption..image wise! @grumpy@

Absolutely ZERO concept of what the Dreadnoks were all about, and I'm sure the excuse given as to WHy they had to discard it, is that creepy looking, swamp residin' pirate wannbe lookin', hood wearing, raccoon eyed make-up wearin' villains wouldn't look "cool" enough for today's audiences?

Aren't you kids of the 80's a little embarrassed with yourselves for ever havin' thought this stuff was once "COOL"?? @loll@ The VILLAGE PEOPLE fighting PIRATES??? @hmmm@

Thank God Hollywood seen to it, to drop all that silly nonsense to make a better, updated version of all that silly stuff, that's OLD and boring by today's standards. "kids" are much more mature and sophisticated today, and would laugh at that silly stuff.

@hmmm@ Well, that's the impression I seem to be getting as to WHY this has to be that, and that can't be like THIS and while we like the basics of the mythos, we're going to cut out the kiddie-silly-cartoon stuff.

Yeah, Dennis Quaid confirmed in the article I quoted from Sci Fi Magazine that he had signed on for two sequels. I hope ROC does well enough to warrant sequels...

Yeah, I'll have to see this one before I jump up and down in giddy excitement over the prospect of sequels! @haha@

That's like ordering a 2nd helping of some dish you've never ate before, before eating it for the first time?

CHOP LOP DOP..???

In todays movie world actors for a movie like this are almost always signed to like 3-movie contract, thats to prevent the actors from trying to ask for more money if the first movie is a huge hit, that by no means confirms a second movie is greenlite by the studio at this point.

Well geez, Jay, way to be a buzzkill. hahaha. I'll take the bad with the good. I'm just glad we're finally getting a single GIjoe movie. I would of course like to see a sequel, but we'll see what happens.

If you read his filecard, Zartan is actually something of an important character. SPOILER.

Its really not surprising they would mention sequels. They will make a sequel to just about ANYTHING. Anyone see Cinderalla II? How about Cinderella III? Or even Bambi II?

If the movie tanks they will just rewrite the sequel(s) into a new origin like they did with the Hulk, Daredevil and Punisher...or put them out direct to video.

Haven't got a Zartan yet and have not been reading the file card because a couple of them contain spoilers for the movie. As for Sequels, yeah they will make a sequel to almost anything, but the example you use were all Direct to Video or Direct to DVD.

Haven't got a Zartan yet and have not been reading the file card because a couple of them contain spoilers for the movie. As for Sequels, yeah they will make a sequel to almost anything, but the example you use were all Direct to Video or Direct to DVD.

True. They were just illustrating the point that those movies are examples of movies that didn't really need sequels. I mean, apparently in Cinderella, they DIDN'T live "Happily Ever After".

Another example? Crank 2. That one wasn't direct to video. The main character fell a few thousand feet and died in the first one...but no, wait, apparently an indestructable heart keeps you from becoming a wet stain on the sidewalk after a 1000 foot fall.