Best...head-swap custom...EVER!!

Devilbat

I have Alexx to thank for this idea. All it is is a RA Duke body with a PP Snake-Eyes head, and it's probably my all-time favorite Snake-Eyes action figure now:

20090720_3.jpg

20090720_5-1.jpg

20090720_9.jpg

20090720_7.jpg

20090720_8-1.jpg

It really reminds me of the Sigma 6 Snake-Eyes. Very cool...

You know, when people talk about favorite versions of SE, I always forget about the Sigma 6 one. That figure was probably one of the coolest SE's ever, IMO.

I need to dig out my S6 figures.

Yeah, me too. I wish I hadn't sold mine...

And BTW, these pics do not do this figure justice. The flash makes it look too bright. You really should see this figure in-hand; it really looks like it was made that way. I'm not gonna be suprised if they release this figure somewhere down the line, it's so great. The only thing that others may not like is the fact that from the side and a little in the back, you can see the flesh of Duke's neck. It would be very simple to paint black, but I like it the way it is. It makes it look more like Snake-Eyes is really wearing a mask.

Also, these were the first ROC figures that I've opened. They are really just phenominal. They are insanely detailed, moreso than I previously thought. And I love the weapons they come with. I cannot say enough good things about these. I'm gonna try to take some more pics of the Snake-Eyes without the flash and see how it turns out.

You people must stop this.

You must stop this now.

You must stop this before it is too late.

Too many good ideas, coming too fast.

Cannot process, cannot absorb.

It makes my hands begin to tremble.........

I have a question.

How easy IS it to swap heads?

Take the figure, place your thumb under the chin and lift up.

The head will pop off.

Its that easy.

Perhaps I should rephrase. For a Transformer, for example, if you pull a ball joint out of the socket and then put it back in, it weakens the socket (meaning either the joint is loose or the the ball comes out of the socket easily). That doesn't always happen, of course, but I guess I'm asking if that will happen to the "neck" with replacing the heads.

If you swap the head around a lot, the aperture can widen etc, but if you place it in a bowl of boiling water for a minute or so, it'll return to its intended shape. The neck can only be damaged if you're REALLY rough with it as it's pretty sturdy.

Pesatyel, with this figure the head isn't loose at all. It fits very snugly. Like Inggasson said, I think maybe if you switch the heads out constantly, that's when they become loose and don't fit as well.

Another great ROC headswap is Shipwreck and Breaker.Breaker's torso looks like a wetsuit that suits Shipwreck much better.This swap also gives Breaker a much better look that the blah figure that was released.

Currently using a Neo Viper Commando body for the Zartan head until I find a perfect body for it.

Seems like an easy way to amass a nice little unit of RA wearing Joes, beyond what's just in the movie? Head swaps from other 25th style figures and even some from Alyosha, add in the Heavy Duty version with the RA suit for a larger character and viola'....an entire unit of these bad boys, led by Snake Eyes?

Duke probably has the worst head sculpt of the lot (doofy lookin') so tossin' those things for better looking heads...is definitely a plus. Zartan has an extra head already, so paint that cap on that one Black, and add another version to the mix?

How's that for more ideas Ken? @haha@

Thanks for the nod, Devil Bat! This is was the reason for my reviews; to show folks that even if they aren't a fan of the movie line, it's SO easy to make something out of these figures that you CAN be happy with! On top of that, I'm trying to show how superior these figures are in the articulation department to most of the 25th line! It's like they're almost all SE v3!

I'm still betting that Hasbro will, at one point or another, take the head of every existing Joe under the sun and stick it on that body and sell it for $7.99 as a ''new" version of the figure. Not that I would mind, just sayin.

And personally, I still think that MY head swap 25th Scarlett head on Lady Jaye green jumpsuit, plunging neckline body is still the best "lazy man's" custom ever! :)

Thanks for the nod, Devil Bat! This is was the reason for my reviews; to show folks that even if they aren't a fan of the movie line, it's SO easy to make something out of these figures that you CAN be happy with! On top of that, I'm trying to show how superior these figures are in the articulation department to most of the 25th line! It's like they're almost all SE v3!

Hey you're welcome man. After all, it was your idea! You really need to post your pics to show how cool this figure REALLY is.

For example, I posed mine the way you have yours, where he's just standing there with his arms out to his sides, like he's just ready to pounce; it's amazing how cool this figure looks just standing there! (lol)

I'm still betting that Hasbro will, at one point or another, take the head of every existing Joe under the sun and stick it on that body and sell it for $7.99 as a ''new" version of the figure. Not that I would mind, just sayin.

And personally, I still think that MY head swap 25th Scarlett head on Lady Jaye green jumpsuit, plunging neckline body is still the best "lazy man's" custom ever! :)

Nah, that would be too obvious and easy lol.

Not a reactive armor figure, but as I discovered last night, Dr. Mindbender's head (from the Defense of Cobra Island Pack) works quite nicely on the RoC Cobra Commander body. Hopefully it works just as well with "The Doctor" figure (since that's even more "scientist-like") and we can then use it for a "lab coat Mindbender." Especially that white-coat version that was revealed earlier this week.

You know, when people talk about favorite versions of SE, I always forget about the Sigma 6 one. That figure was probably one of the coolest SE's ever, IMO.

I need to dig out my S6 figures.

The only two Sigma figures I bought were Snakes and Stormshadow.