Green Lantern: First Flight

Opticon

So the movie isnt out for a week or two still, but since theres copies available to download on the net, I figured it was time for a discussion thread. So who's seen it, what're you opinions, thoughts, etc?

Just watched it myself, enjoyed it on the same level as Wonder Woman (and I LOVED Wonder woman). Not as graphic and bloody, of course, but the story and animation were both top notch. I would've liked to have seen Sinestro in his classic blue & black costume, but it was very cool to see him in his yellow Corps uniform. Oh, and Hal kicked ass :)

Just finished watching it. All the twists they added to the movie were really good, plenty of deaths and Sinestro is one mean sumbich. I still like WW better but this is one EXCELLENT movie. DC is the undisputed king of cartoon movies, they excel every time. I can't wait for Public Enemies in the next couple of months, now if they could only get these up on the big screen faster

GL was very good and I'll still buy it because I hope it comes with a digital copy so I can watch GL whenever I want. I wish they would make a Flash movie, I've grown to love The Flash more and more over the years. I would also love to see them do a Captain Marvel movie, SHAZAM! :D

In my honest opinion i wasn't impressed. After wonder woman which i loved this just seemed hum drum. Same ol kinda story that we have seen befor in justice league cartoons and comics with a few things changed but nothing tha really jumped out.

I did like the way kilawog was drawn not so pig like. And they didn't spend enough time showing who hal was befor the ring it was pretty much like here hal and now he is a lantern. Just very unimpredded

GL was very good and I'll still buy it because I hope it comes with a digital copy so I can watch GL whenever I want. I wish they would make a Flash movie, I've grown to love The Flash more and more over the years. I would also love to see them do a Captain Marvel movie, SHAZAM! :D

Wasn't there a new live action movie in the works for a while that had The Rock scheduled to play Black Adam? I would like to see a decent attempt at new Captain Marvel animation too (as well as Plastic Man), but I kind of wish DC would forget they have the rights to the Marvel family. CC Beck must be shouting exclamations from beyond the grave far stronger than Shazam over the way those characters have been treated in recent years.

In my honest opinion i wasn't impressed. After wonder woman which i loved this just seemed hum drum. Same ol kinda story that we have seen befor in justice league cartoons and comics with a few things changed but nothing tha really jumped out.

I did like the way kilawog was drawn not so pig like. And they didn't spend enough time showing who hal was befor the ring it was pretty much like here hal and now he is a lantern. Just very unimpredded

i agree. this was a good movie, but it just seemed a little rushed. i dont think that they shouldve went and covered the whole origin again, but this toon was missing something.

A friend showed me that yesterday; I thought it was well told within the limits of time that they had, I believe they should have waited for the Sinestro Corps to be introduced till the second movie if it ever came to be. Bodika being presented as a co-conspirator was something that took me by surprise, I didn't think they would use her character in that way. I really enjoyed the voice talent they selected to present the characters, especially Michael Madsen as Kilowog.

i agree. this was a good movie, but it just seemed a little rushed. i dont think that they shouldve went and covered the whole origin again, but this toon was missing something.

as long as they don't screw up the actual movie i'm cool with this cartoon one

Like an earlier post said, it is not WW, WW is IMO the best cartoon movie. It has all the sense of drama and action you could want. GL came close to the overwhelming drama when all the rings returned to OA from all the helpless and dead GL who died in space. Overall, I am pleased, even though it may of lacked the heart of some of the others, it is still well done and still stands head and shoulders over everthing else being done today.

This just came out on DVD today

I can tell you Target has the standard version for $12.99 and the Special Edition which i'm grabbing for $16.99

I believe the Blue Ray is $22.99

Hurry these prices only last till Saturday

I picked this up at Best Buy today. The figure is more worth it than the movie.

I thought the beginning was a bit rushed, and I thought that Hal would have discovered Abin Sur, rather than being dragged to him in a test-flight-pod. I kind of wanted to see how awesome Hal was before the ring picked him with some kind of actual piloting or something, anything.

The rest was interesting, had some nice twists, nice gory battles, but the dialogue was on par with that of George Lucas, and what do the Green Lanterns do with Sinestro after they beat him?! Um, closure? I thought they could have done a lot more with this film than they did. They always seemed to stop short of what I wanted and there were very few "Wow" moments for me.

I liked the Wonder Woman movie a whole lot better.

I watched it today and thought it was good.

It didn't really introduce the Sinestro Corps, Sinestro was just in that outfit. Probably so kids could recognize him. As far as I recall, the Qwardians did give him the yellow ring so that was nice, just wrong clothes.

I hated the alien cities. The slums looked too Titan AE and the spaceport was too much like WALL E.

Too bad DCUC wave III was so long ago and the upcoming Lantern wave is too far in the future to have the movie help figure sales.

Thanks for the link, just finished watching it!! I liked it, but so many well known Lanterns were killed off!!! Sinestro was nice and sinister, but with good reason, at least for him!! Voices all around were good, except the Guardians, some were not majestic enough!!! Great action and good drawings, except the CGI, hate they include it for the ships, very distracting!!

Just finished watching the DVD. I both liked it and was disappointed. I liked it because it was a good story. What I didn't like was that so much was crammed into one movie. I also didn't like some of the changes. It seemed changes were made...for the sake of making changes. Up until the end, I was starting to think we wouldn't hear the oath. I didn't like the John Stewart green gauntlets and would've preferred the white gloves but I was ok with all the other modern looking changes to the costume. I didn't like Sinestro getting his yellow costume, which doesn't make sense having the SC symbol yet the yellow central power battery and his ring had a GL symbol. Also didn't like Boodikka being a co-conspirator or her death (as well as Tomar Re's) since there were millions of other no-namers they could've used.

DC and WB know GL is hot right now and is growing in popularity. It's the reason why this cartoon was made as well as the upcoming movie. It's also the reason why every store carried dozens of copies, in anticipation of this being a big seller. So why would they make a stand-alone movie with too much GL mythology crammed in (SC costume, Ion-esque Hal) and no mention of Atrocitus or Parallax, which all could've lead to sequels? Although sequels could be made, there's nothing from this movie to indicate that. No hints. About the only thing we can expect is Sinestro will escape.

Alot of you are saying you liked the GL movie but liked Wonder Woman better. Could one reason be that since WW's story is based in greek and alittle Roman mythology that we just relate or like those kind of stories better? I know I love mythology stories whether it's Greek,Roman, or Eskimo. :D WW's movie made me thirsty @yum@ for a God of War movie with Kratos, especially the battle at the end between WW and Aries.

Saw the first half last night, had to quit and go to bed when the power went out during a lightning storm...

It's quite good except the beginning was rushed...It was like "Hey...That's Hal Jordan...And here comes Abin Sur!", no back story whatsoever...

...I must admit, I find myself siding with Sinestro occasionally. Then again, I believe that the world is a dangerous place, the threat of terrorism is real, the Democrats ARE NOT serious about national security, water-boarding is OK, and Guantanamo Bay should stay open...

...So what do I know???