Anyone going to the Con this year?

DPrime

So I finally said f$ck the credit card, I'm going. I'm probably not going to be able to make it next year, as I'll be away most of the time (military), so might as well treat myself. Faxed in the form and booked the flight, all that's left is the hotel. Speaking of which, any advice on cheaper accommodations?

Who else is going?

I am going and am looking forward to it. I am not happy with this movie, and will not see anything joe related there. I am sure it will be a juggernaut like transformers has been. but for me, now I want no part of either of them. Have fun this year bro!!

yeah i'll be there. im just gonna go and check out the sales floor try and fill some holes in my ARAH collection. not interested in the con set as i think the 25th stuff sucks so thats not a factor in my choice to go or not...as for the movie also not a factor.

TM

Alright, SDCC's over, time to start talking about the REAL con again! ;)

I think my screen name will be on that tag you get, if I recall correctly... You all doing the same?

FYI, if any of you are looking to save a bit of money, I just booked at the Fairfield Inn Kansas City Downtown/Union Hill. It's very close to the hotel where the con is, and it'll save you about a $100 overall if you're staying for three nights.

To give you an idea of the distance from the con: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2345%20McGee...l=en&tab=wl

Hotel info here:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mciu...own-union-hill/

Address:

3001 Main Street

Kansas City, MO 64108

USA

1-816-931-5700

Fax: 1-816-931-1791

Ohh...I'd LOVE to go. I've never been to a Joe Con. I did get to go to Botcon the year it came to Lexington, KY, and I had a blast. (Other than being horribly sick, that is...) (lol)