Wal Mart already up in price

Lady Jaye

Well was biding some time till I met up with a friend and walked into Wal Mart, and I noticed that the DCUC figures were now 12 something a figure as opposed to 11 something!! So the first price increase has gone into effect. I was in Target but did not look at the prices!! So all that's left is for the 2 dollar increase, and this line will be dead to me!!! It pretty much is now....sadly.

That is truth, a friend who lives in the border I comment that all the DCU estan approx to 15 dollars, with similar prices I doubt much that can continue with my collection.

This is a lose lose situation, charging this much is too much and eventually the line will fall under its own weight. I don't know how collecting will be affected for me but I know it will. I am sure there was some blunder somewhere else that is causing the price hike that is passed onto the consumers while these companies have boat loads of reserves.

That's more along the lines of what I figured. I didn't think walmart, target, or TRU would be selling their figs at 15.99 as had been suggested.

I would guess it's a gradual increase.

They're not going to leap from $11 or $12 to $15 or $16 in one jump. First it's a dollar, and then in a few months another dollar, and pretty soon you've got people accepting the fact they're paying $15 for a $10 action figure.

Much like gasoline, it's easier to get away with the gradual rise rather than a quick one, even though in the end the cost to the consumer is still the same.

Walmart for the last year has been the last place to buy figures for me for the past year due to the fact that they have been overpriced on all of their figures for some time now. Marvel universe and Wolverive and the X-Men figures at $8.44 and DCIH at $6.96 just screams that good old Wallyworld is now more than willing to rape toy buyers just because they sell more toys than anyone else in the world. The Walmart exclusive Transformers at $27.96 are a joke of a repaint of the same Starscream that they sell for $17.96, are we willing to pay ten bucks for a paint job and a "only at Walmart" sticker? Walmart suckers Hasbro and Mattel into exclusive waves of Marvel Legends and DC Universe and never gives tham widespread distribution? I say to hell with Walmart and their aggressive price gouging, as collectors, we should unite and not buy from a company that seems to have a policy of taking advantage of the consumer as much as possible. Unfortunately, so many people have been lulled into a sense of "Walmart is cheaper" and now the company realizes this and has made a decision to screw their loyal customers across the board with less quality and higher prices. Sam Walton has to be rolling over in his grave watching the current exec's ruin his company's good name.

Thank you for your time, my rant is done.

I know you guys aren't going to want to here this, but the best way to collect these figures is by buying them through online stores. I've collected every wave by pre ordering. The standard price for a set is about $90.00. If you divide that by 7 the total comes out to about 13.00 per figure. I don't know if the price increase is going to affect online stores but 13.00 seems a fare price for not dealing with the drama of trying to buy them through retail stores. If you calculate shipping the price per figure goes up but its still worth it.

off topic... im still waiting for dcuc 8 to come out at retail. but with price hikes i should just look online.

I know you guys aren't going to want to here this, but the best way to collect these figures is by buying them through online stores. I've collected every wave by pre ordering. The standard price for a set is about $90.00. If you divide that by 7 the total comes out to about 13.00 per figure. I don't know if the price increase is going to affect online stores but 13.00 seems a fare price for not dealing with the drama of trying to buy them through retail stores. If you calculate shipping the price per figure goes up but its still worth it.

This was the point I was going to make. I hated to do it, but I paid app. $15 per wave VIII figure in April, and now feel good about it since I have yet to see any in the wild.

The worst part is, you can't even buy them at your local Walmart when you go grocery shopping. Saves you time and effort.

I would be up for not buying action figures from Wal-Mart. Of course, it will have to be after I secure wave 10 lol. DCUC is the only one of two sets I will try to get. The other is the MOTUC line. I am glad that the quality problems from series 3 - 5 have not surfaced for me again. I will have to post a picture sometime to show what I did with those figures that broke. I will continue to support DCUC until it reaches the prices of DC Direct figures. $12 a pop is still cheaper than online if you can find them. I am still in shock that I found 2 Batman Beyond variants at Wal-Mart.

I have have no idea how kids could afford these prices to begin with. I guess only adults buy them.

I don't believe anyone involved behind the scenes is still kidding themselves by saying these are aimed at kids.

Man, I can't imagine I'll still be collecting modern action figures this time next year.

Wow. Since Walmart in Canada doesn't stock DCUC the prices here are way above. TRU has them for approx 15 but little selection. Comic shops generally have better selection but they're 19-22 dollars there.

There's nothing sweeter than when I'm south of the border and get figures at 12.

\Now to work out a stretegy to get Wave 10.

You know why the prices are going up don't you? It's because i belive there wanting to just sell these online and the more they raise the price the more it would just be cheaper to get them online. by the time you figure in gas and food on the hunt plus the figure you will come out better to order online and ultamately that what mattel wants. i belive this with all my heart

You know why the prices are going up don't you? It's because i belive there wanting to just sell these online and the more they raise the price the more it would just be cheaper to get them online. by the time you figure in gas and food on the hunt plus the figure you will come out better to order online and ultamately that what mattel wants. i belive this with all my heart

I agree totally and I think thats the way it should be. Mattel has said from the get go that these figures were aimed at collectors and since retailers aren't breaking there backs to carry them, online retailers make to most sense as long as they don't get any more expensive than DCD and not as expensive as MOTUC.

I really wish Mattel would just cut out the middle man completely and sell them only on Matty, but not like the one figure a month crap like there doing with MOTUC, more like Hasbro toy shop if you catch my drift. Doesn't make more business sense? Instead of trying to get all these places to buy your product, you sell it directly and the profits go to you instead of retailers? Its what their doing with MOTUC.

I'm kind of glad that I only have room for 8 more DCU figures. Cause with these price going up it's going to be hard to get them. I do hope they releast Fire and Ice before I run out of room. Cause I really want to get them. I don't like the JLU verison of them so will not get them.

:OT:

Is there plans of the Black Volcan,Apach Chife and Sameria 3 pack in the JLU line still coming out or have they been cancel?

I agree totally and I think thats the way it should be. Mattel has said from the get go that these figures were aimed at collectors and since retailers aren't breaking there backs to carry them, online retailers make to most sense as long as they don't get any more expensive than DCD and not as expensive as MOTUC.

I really wish Mattel would just cut out the middle man completely and sell them only on Matty, but not like the one figure a month crap like there doing with MOTUC, more like Hasbro toy shop if you catch my drift. Doesn't make more business sense? Instead of trying to get all these places to buy your product, you sell it directly and the profits go to you instead of retailers? Its what their doing with MOTUC.

I can actually see Mattel wanting to do that. Wave 9 is going to go up on Matty right? The price better be below $20 for each figure or I will be helluva angry. I also get stuff for family and friends. The one figure a month is kinda dumb but it is also good since most people cannot afford to pay for multiple figures at that price tag. I would rather see these in brick and mortar stores than just online ones. I like to see if the figure is defective before I end up with it. Prices are going to go up for everything though. $4 for a gallon of milk? That is just ridiculous.

FYI... Target and TRU are also raising prices. DCUC are now $11.89 @ Target and $11.49 @TRU. Still cheaper than Wal-mart. If it were not for the exclusive waves, I refuse to shop at Wal-mart. They by far have the worst customer service of any retailer.

The scale of prices in Walk Mart must be the form in which they accustom to his clients to a forced adaptation of values, the things that want now seran but expensive and by consumer nature the people of all ways would pay by them, whereas basic articles stay in tolerable levels to their pocket, the people would buy the articles of luxury without mattering what they cost.

As for me it cheers to me not to have necessity to buy immediately each series of DCU, and having much more cheap the opportunity to obtain Figures in the flea markets of my city or with salesmen who estan anxious of money and they do not know the value real the merchandise.