Warner narrowed down GL to 3 "actors"???

CLAM

So Clam, who would have been your choice to play Hal Jordan. Anyone, anyone at all, not just from the "final three" list. I've actually got a hard time picturing anyone in the suit myself, but -- like I mentioned in the other thread -- I've got no problem with Ryan Reynolds taking it on.

To me, Hal always looked like a clean-cut all American, that classic vision of the smart young son who played football in high school but left to fight in the war. Something you'd see on Nick at Nite, really. I can't think of anyone right now who would fit the bill, at least visually.

That's okay, but like DarkFlash said I'd rather see him as Wally West/Flash.

For Hal Jordan, I know he wasn't in the running, but I would have preferred Nathan Fillion.

This is bad news, first he doesn't look the part and second of all he's too goofy, I thought they were going with Hal Jordan not Guy Gardner. Oh well I guess I should be happy that it's not Justin Timberlake.

(I must be the only comic fan in the world that has no real interest in Deadpool...)

I'm the second comic fan in the world that isn't interested in Deadpool, he's too overrated.

Hey guys Reynolds might be better than you may think at playing Hal Jordan. Let me remind you of a movie from long ago where the powers that be decided to cast a so called goofy/comedic actor to play a serious superhero. Micheal Keaton from the first Batman @bats@ movies. He actually pulled it off, so lets wait and see what Reynolds can do with the GL part.

i dont know about reynolds but he is way better then timberlake. warner wanted to do green lantern with jack black, back in the days. si i guess we got lucky with reynolds. i hope this doesnt destroy his chances to play deadpool. i think that reynolds is perfect for deadpool but i would have preferd cooper for the role. now lets wait and see. i hope that warner takes it seriously and that they dont go all comedy with it a la terminator 3.

The best part is he's doing the Deadpool movie too. I can't wait to see the Wade Wilson in lantern corps custom figures.

Not that it matters the movie will be a flop because it's a DC film not Staring Batman.

Yeah, we get it, DC sucks, you tell us all the time. Now go grab that teaser pic of that Hot Toys Wolverine figure and jerk your chain.

Ryan Reynolds=Could be worse. I've never seen him in a role where he wasn't a total wise-ass.

Being a mindless shoot 'em up movie aside, watch Smokin' Aces. Reynolds is perfectly capable of losing the humor and playing a serious role.

Good call.

I liked that movie a lot, and he was really good as a serious protagonist.

So Clam, who would have been your choice to play Hal Jordan. Anyone, anyone at all, not just from the "final three" list. I've actually got a hard time picturing anyone in the suit myself, but -- like I mentioned in the other thread -- I've got no problem with Ryan Reynolds taking it on.

To me, Hal always looked like a clean-cut all American, that classic vision of the smart young son who played football in high school but left to fight in the war. Something you'd see on Nick at Nite, really. I can't think of anyone right now who would fit the bill, at least visually.

I thought Nathan Fillion would have been great!

I thought Nathan Fillion would have been great!

I've gotta agree with I AM SCI FI, Nathan Fillion is a fantastic choice to play Hal! He has that everyman quality to him but can also portray the hero as seen in Firefly & Serenity. If the film does well, they could even do a sequel incorporating elements of Hal's downfall & redemption and Buffy fans all know that Nathan can do ruthless and evil flawlessly.