Warner narrowed down GL to 3 "actors"???

CLAM

so i just read that Warner Bros has narrowed down the list of actors they will chose from to play Green Lantern in their upcoming 2010 movie.

Their list:

Ryan Reynolds

Justin Timberlake

Bradley Cooper

uh.. WTF?

Ryan Reynolds is already in too many marvel movies, it just won't be right.. and I don't see him as Hal anyways.. maybe Kyle

JT is well... JT... they can't choose him if they want this to be a serious movie like their other more successful DC movies have been.

And Bradley Cooper doesn't seem like Hal to me either.

crap in a hat... what do you guys think of their choices

Of the three, i'd say Mr. Cooper is the closest to hal. I think he could pull of the kinda serious attitude of Hal's. Ryan reynolds is one of my favourite actors, but he's better in the comedic roles, and you're right that he's been in too many marvel movies, he'd look kinda outta place.

I like JT......I'm not afraid to say it.......but not as GL. Cooper seems to be the best fit for this......he's been great in everything I've seen him in. I can see him in a flight suit, I try to picture the GL mask on each of them.....and it just fits with Cooper.

I'm not gonna say anything about JT playing him cause NO ONE believed in Ledger when that was announced.........JT has been good in the movies I've seen him in. The guy can act......but to carry GL I don't know.

Its gonna be cooper, there is no way they would put reynolds in there, if they were to make a dc movie with reynolds its gonna be flash

Jt, ok respect his hustle but never gonna happen

Cooper is been in talks for a minute now, and now with the way the hangover blew up, they got a box office actor for a good price

Just make this thin already, so much potential in make a gl movie.

I guess it's not weird enough to have Ryan Reynolds play the role cause it's his now. :D

I think he'll be fine. Just because we know him mostly for comedic roles doesn't mean he can't do non-comedic roles. The most important thing is the writing anyway, so get a good story/script and a good director who doesn't feel he needs to leave his mark on the whole thing, and everything else will take care of itself.

i heard variety confirmed ryan as gl

Man I seriously hope this is wrong. Reynolds would make a much better Wally West Flash than GL. I hope he gets tied up with the Deadpool movie and can't do GL so that Bradley Cooper can take over. It'd be nice to see Jamie Foxx or Common as John Stewart & maybe Jared Leto as Kyle Rayner.

Hey WB, how about Sam Worthington as Barry Allen?

Its gonna be cooper, there is no way they would put reynolds in there, if they were to make a dc movie with reynolds its gonna be flash

Jt, ok respect his hustle but never gonna happen

Cooper is been in talks for a minute now, and now with the way the hangover blew up, they got a box office actor for a good price

Just make this thin already, so much potential in make a gl movie.

I guess I was wrong, I would of loved to see him as flash. I think he's gonna be great either way

dang.. I hope this doesn't mean that they are going to try to make it all goofy...

Hal Jordan is serious! And Hal is the GL that we all want to see

Ya' gotta admit,though,that he does look the part.He really hasn't been in a serious role before,give the kid a chance to spread his wings.I remember when people first heard heath ledger was going to be the joker,they were outraged(myself included),and look how that turned out.I don't know about you guys,but I'm gonna wait and call it as i see it.Hopefully,there'll be some footage at Comic-Con 2010 like DC is doing with Jonah Hex at this year's con.

dang.. I hope this doesn't mean that they are going to try to make it all goofy...

Right. If he can tone down the over-the-topness I've seen him pull in Wolverine and whoever he was in that Blade movie, there's a shot. He looks like a superhero, at least.

(I must be the only comic fan in the world that has no real interest in Deadpool...)

Not that it matters the movie will be a flop because it's a DC film not Staring Batman.

Not necessarily, they could make this into a real scifi fan's wet dream. Even though I don't expect it to be some epic space opera, depending on what sort of budget they're working with, it could be pretty stellar (no pun intended).

Hal Jordan is serious! And Hal is the GL that we all want to see

Being a mindless shoot 'em up movie aside, watch Smokin' Aces. Reynolds is perfectly capable of losing the humor and playing a serious role.