my custom symbiotes

smarch

so, with what little hopes of marvel ever making figures of the 5 symbiotes from venom lethal protector quickly fading away, i took it upon myself to buy some sculpt and some extra marvel legends and get to work.

in my torrent of chopping off faces and carving off clothes a few of my extra/double marvel legends made it onto the chopping block and they ended up as symbiotes of my own design.

i've been working on these for about 2 months on and off. some are still in various stages. all of the heads/claws/extra details are sculpted with fixit sculpt, paint is games workshop.

i'll update whenever i get the chance with whatever progress i make on the unfinished ones.

first off, here are the 5 specific symbiotes i'm attempting to make;

symbiotes.jpg

3 of them have names, the other 2 i'll just use the most common names they are called.

please excuse the quality of the pictures, they are from my cameraphone. i'll take better ones when they are finished.

riot.jpg

riot: all finished. made from some hulk that was in the fing fang foom line, had a shoulder guard, helmet and shield. really big

agony.jpg

agony: finished. made from a electra fig. this was my first symbiote/venomish head i ever sculpted. and actually the first thing i've sculpted in like 10 years. ps; super sculpty is crap compaired to fixit sculpt.

phage.jpg

Phage: still putting down his base coats. made from the non ML ripclaw(?). the guy from the pitt series. he is on pause for now, his waist exploded at the seams and i am currently unable to find his ass. :(

lasherwip.jpg

lasher: made from a ml guardian(?) whoever that canadian dressed dude is from either red hulk or the ares series, i forget. his hands were cut off at the forearms and i sculpted on some sota streetfighter hands and added some claws. i just started his paint, still a lot to do on him and make the lines more even/crisper. this is more or less a rough basecoat. he has 6 different tendrils with different sculpted hook/blade tips. they are a pain in the ass to paint. i used liquid electrical tape and twisty ties. i've been doing this for a couple years on various venom/carnages. it holds paint pretty good.

screamwip.jpg

screamwip3.jpg

screamwip2.jpg

scream. just started painting her over the weekend, these are just sculpt pics. i made her from some wresteling figure i found at a local action figure store. legs arent that articulated but thats why i picked her, ass you can tell her head has a little weight to it. dosnt stand well on her own but i rigged a base for her, for now. some of her hair broke off but i reguled it down pretty good. she is my favorite one so far.

here are the other random origional ones i made from various figures;

03.jpg

all done, made from a psylock

01.jpg

all done, made from a newer mr fantastic

02.jpg

all done, made from a vision fig

04.jpg

unfinished, just gotta sand him down a little and start painting. still not sure what color to make him. he has a ton of big spikes on his back. made from a forge/wolvie 2 pack wolvie.

and last but not least. my version of the wolverine symbiote based off of what he looked like in the spiderman web of shadows game. i really liked how his head looked in the game but most of his yellow details are just flush against his body. so i sculpted up around where his yellow/blue costume has the stripes and bulked up his boots a little. i might also give him clawlike feet. i'm not sure yet.

wolvwip.jpgwolvwip2.jpgwolvwip3.jpg

please let me know what ya think!

thanks for takin a look.

• 2 weeks later...

update:

finished lasher & scream

screamfin.jpg

lasherfin.jpg

i fixed some things on Phage(the orange dude) and i'll be finishing up his painting next, along with the symbiote wolverine and the spikey dude. wolvie will probably be done next. comments would be apreciated

• 3 months later...