Rise of Cobra sale!

Joker08

The sole TRU here had nothing. A six pegs with the remnants of Vipers and Heavy Duty's. A couple BBQ's e were there too, but other than that I left disappointed. Might try back later this week. Too bad Walmart only price matches for a specific price (multiple for whatever price and percentage off doesn't count) or I'd be price matching over there. On the plus side atleast they aren't charging $8.99 a figure like K-mart.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I held off on making a big purchase and I'm so glad I did cause I felt this sale coming! I got 10 figures from a thin lineup at my TRU but I'm hopeful that later in the week they will restock with more figures.

I got a bunch at TRU, it was great!

I didn't know that Target price matched though. I will have to go check them out too.

Is TRU sending this ad out in the mail? or just onine

It was in my Sunday paper, so if you get a Sunday paper or know someone who does try looking through it.

You can get the sales ad at any Toys R Us store... I stopped by TRU yesterday and of course they had no fireflys and the kid couldn't find any of the cases in the back so looks like I have to stop again...

I stopped by mine and picked up all the basic figures that I waited to get as soon as I heard about the ad at Toys R Us. I had been waiting for Wal-Mart to get them but I have only seen on that had them and it was far away, so I had only picked up about 7 before the sale started. I went into my first Toys R Us in Niles, IL and they had plenty of the basic guys, I then checked out the other aisles and oicked up 2 of the clone wars AT-TE's or whatever they are called that were $100 and now were $50 I also was thrilled to see that they had the DCU wave with Hawkgirl and got all of them except Gent Ghost and Parademons which they did not have. I also scored the 2-packs of Braniac/Superman & Clayface/Batman. Old news to many of you but the TRU's around here usually have nothing and I only really shop at for the exclusives or Sportspics. Otherwise they never have anything.

I felt like I got a good load of figures and moved on to another TRU, in Schamburg, IL where the had about 4 Heavy Duty's and 2 Cobra Commanders but nothing else, so I want to a floor manager and asked him if they had any others they could put out since the sale just started and they had nothing left. Without skipping a beat he ran and got the number off the sale tickets and had a guy bring out 3 boxes, which were the 3 diff. ones they had. It took about 10 minutes but I was just happy someone there wanted to help me since they never are willing to anywhere else. I was really hoping they would have the Helix, Hawk and Flash assortment but it was a case of wave 1, 2 and whatever the case of Paris Pursuits and Ice Vipers are. Picked up some more Ice Vipers, the other Scarlet that doesn't look like a female Steven Seagal 90's fig and a few others. I also asked about DCU but they had nothing in the back. The guy did tell me they had 12 cases in the back of the store of the 3 diff. case assortments, so they had plenty to put out incase anyone is looking for the peg warmers that waited like me. None of the stores had swaped out the ROTF section for ROC stuff yet though. I hope this little bit of info helps you all out.

For anyone finding crap at TRU, just take the ad to Target. I just picked up 4 figures from there using the TRU ad. Got them for $4.98 each. I'll try to find some more later this week!

Target is only price matching at a few stores as a test, just call and ask at your local store to check first. Only the stores in min are doing this sinc the headquarters is based at.

Bought some figures that I had already bought at Wal-Mart to take back to Wal-Mart for a refund. I also picked up Zartan and the TRU exclusive Firefly, which I hadn't bought yet, to even out the number of figures.

I had already picked up the bulk of what I wanted when the figs came out, and though someone said you could take your rec't back and get the sale price refunded, I didn't try it. (Did anyone? Curious to know if it worked - I don't think they would) Anyhow, I must have one of the 'good' stores, as they not only had the designated wall section full, but also one of them island bins. The first time I went there, they only had 2 of the assortments out, but this time, I was able to pick up Buffy...er, Cover Girl and Torp...er, Deep Six. So they had put out other ass'ts (though I'm confused by that whole deal, so I don't know which is which!)

I also took the time to neatly organize and line up their bin for easier viewing - just thought I'd mention that as I could imagine anyone walking by going 'WTF?' Should have gotten a free Firefly for that! :)

I had already picked up the bulk of what I wanted when the figs came out, and though someone said you could take your rec't back and get the sale price refunded, I didn't try it. (Did anyone? Curious to know if it worked - I don't think they would) Anyhow, I must have one of the 'good' stores, as they not only had the designated wall section full, but also one of them island bins. The first time I went there, they only had 2 of the assortments out, but this time, I was able to pick up Buffy...er, Cover Girl and Torp...er, Deep Six. So they had put out other ass'ts (though I'm confused by that whole deal, so I don't know which is which!)

I also took the time to neatly organize and line up their bin for easier viewing - just thought I'd mention that as I could imagine anyone walking by going 'WTF?' Should have gotten a free Firefly for that! :)

I called two of the targets I go to and they said they will give me the price match.

Is TRU getting Zartan?

Just came from there and they put out a exclusive case which had like a dozen BBQ's and about 8 Fireflys so I grabbed some Fireflys but I haven't seen Zartan yet...

Maybe I'll hit Target on Friday to check for him...

The TRU that I went to today had only 6 hooks with figures. But when I asked at the Service Desk if they had any more, the worker said that by Wednesday they would be replacing their main Transformers display with GI Joe! I hope they'll have a better selection!

Have a great day!

Is TRU getting Zartan?

Just came from there and they put out a exclusive case which had like a dozen BBQ's and about 8 Fireflys so I grabbed some Fireflys but I haven't seen Zartan yet...

Maybe I'll hit Target on Friday to check for him...

That's funny! Just wait. Trust me. He is my army-builder until the real army-builder comes out! Maybe check another TrU or whatever. This guy is NOT rare, and will no doubt be among the peg warmers, should there be any. For me, he just looks so generic (and comes with another head) to make him blank enough to pass for a 'regular' Joe!

I took advantage of the sale today to get two RA Dukes and two PP Snake-Eyes; I bought two of each so I could try the head-swap idea someone gave me at joebattlelines.com. You can see the results in my other thread. It really turned out great.

I'm usually a MOMC collector, so I rarely buy figures to open. But everyone's been raving about these things so much that I just had to get a couple to open and just enjoy loose for a change. These things do not disappoint! I couldn't believe how detailed they are. You can put them in great poses, and they come with great weapons. I highly recommend them. Every now and then I get back in touch with my inner ten-year-old and, oh...I don't know, actually OPEN MY JOES AND ENJOY THEM like you're supposed to. (lol)

I'll say this; if the movie's anywhere near as great as the figures, then we're all in for a treat.

The "Paris Pursuit" figures...does the package actually say that?

I spent $140 at TRU. That's kinda sad lol.

My pickups included:

Iron Panther. I had to look at like 8 of them because the paint apps on Thunder kinda sucked.

Snake Trax

Rockslide

Destro

Baroness

Viper Commando

Accelerator Ripcord

Firefly

Shipwreck

Storm Shadow

Heavy Duty

Barbecue

Zartan

Deep Six

Accelerator Heavy Duty

Duke

Sgt. Stone

Cover Girl

Breaker

Scarlett

Snake Eyes

I had to skip out on the Neo Viper because I didn't know if I wanted to army build these guys and I couldn't find someone to "pair" him with.

I also skipped the Mole Pod because, well, I didn't like it.

Who am I missing?

The "Paris Pursuit" figures...does the package actually say that?

I spent $140 at TRU. That's kinda sad lol.

My pickups included:

Iron Panther. I had to look at like 8 of them because the paint apps on Thunder kinda sucked.

Snake Trax

Rockslide

Destro

Baroness

Viper Commando

Accelerator Ripcord

Firefly

Shipwreck

Storm Shadow

Heavy Duty

Barbecue

Zartan

Deep Six

Accelerator Heavy Duty

Duke

Sgt. Stone

Cover Girl

Breaker

Scarlett

Snake Eyes

I had to skip out on the Neo Viper because I didn't know if I wanted to army build these guys and I couldn't find someone to "pair" him with.

I also skipped the Mole Pod because, well, I didn't like it.

Who am I missing?

Yes they say "Paris Pursuit".

Target price matches in NJ.

They didn't let me do it cause they said that I had bought the figures more than 7 days ago. So if I find the figures at TRU I'll just get them there and return them to Target. Target will just lose close to $200 in sales for that little dumb rule.

Em

My Target DID price match them for me. You just need to bring in the ad (it was in the Sunday paper or they're at any TRU.) I got my armor Duke, HD, Stone, and Destro from Target for $20!

As far as I know it's policy for ALL Targets to price match as long as you bring in an ad for that week. It's how it was when I worked there 10 years ago, at least.

I recommend doing this....they have a ton of Joes. TRU has crap.