Rise of Cobra sale!

Joker08

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

excellent news, thanks for the info.

I just picked up their Firefly and BBQ... So I will have to try to find them again and use my old receipt to return them.

And at that price I might pick up some other figures I hadn't planned on... maybe Destro (and do a head swap) or some of the cooler cobra troopers if they have them (I don't like the neovipers).

I still would like to grab the Ferret (Snake Trax) and Armadillo (armored panther), but even at 14 bucks they are still way overpriced. In the 25th series, we would have got them both in the vehicle series for 15! (like the ram vs troublebubble)

excellent news, thanks for the info.

I just picked up their Firefly and BBQ... So I will have to try to find them again and use my old receipt to return them.

And at that price I might pick up some other figures I hadn't planned on... maybe Destro (and do a head swap) or some of the cooler cobra troopers if they have them (I don't like the neovipers).

I still would like to grab the Ferret (Snake Trax) and Armadillo (armored panther), but even at 14 bucks they are still way overpriced. In the 25th series, we would have got them both in the vehicle series for 15! (like the ram vs troublebubble)

Unfortunately yeah.

I think, if you just take the receipt, they will give you the sale price so long as the purchase was close enough to the sale. I'm not sure lol, but it would be easier than taking the product(s) back and rebuying them.

I think a significant portion of us intend to wait for sales of some kind to buy, especially the vehicles.

If those stupid "Cobra Island" 7 packs ever get released, I might have to pick up a few extra Movie Destros as he has a useable shoulder holster. See if I can use that to fix Chuckles (and maybe Steeler and Clutch).

That's good news, but I hate the idea of waiting till the 19th to score. Still, 2 for $9.99 is a great price. I agree that $13.99 is still too much for Alpha vehicles. Too bad the Steel Crusher won't go on sale. I only want that and the Gunship. I have some of those $3 off birthday cards so I'll probably use one for them.

The hard part is going to be when I run into the Paris Pursuit figures and knowing that I have to wait to get them...but then again ROC figures aren't at the top of my list.

Here in Mexico only view (for now) in the Supermarket H.E.B. in $169.00 (aprox US$ 12)

i am see the Duke, Scarlet, Ripcord, Storm shadow, Baroness, and Viper soldier, nothing of the Snake eyes.

Here in Mexico only view (for now) in the Supermarket H.E.B. in $169.00 (aprox US$ 12)

i am see the Duke, Scarlet, Ripcord, Storm shadow, Baroness, and Viper soldier, nothing of the Snake eyes.

I'm curious; is the packaging any different down there?

My TRU still hasn't stocked any 3¾" Rise of COBRA figures. My Wal-Marts have, two nights ago, though.

My TRU still hasn't stocked any 3¾" Rise of COBRA figures. My Wal-Marts have, two nights ago, though.

That's crazy! I've seen them everywhere. Even saw them at Kohls last night (for $10.99 a pop :rolleyes: ). The only stores I haven't been to are the K-Marts but I'm sure they have them there.

The new fig's and vehicles are disappointing overall... @poke2@

Especially the recolored 2-pack vehicles they're selling as singles now (as some others have mentioned!).

Anyone else notice the suspicious resemblance between the Cobra Vipers and Army of Two lead characters??? Not that it's a bad thing, per se... just that I expect some better designs from G.I. Joe... @hmmm@

Anyone else notice the suspicious resemblance between the Cobra Vipers and Army of Two lead characters??? Not that it's a bad thing, per se... just that I expect some better designs from G.I. Joe... @hmmm@

HA! Now that you've mentioned it I noticed.

One thing I find irritating/funny is that originally the Cobra Vipers looked like Cobra Commander with the helmet and faceplate, now, they look more like Destro.

My TRU put up their 3¾" Rise of COBRA figures over the weekend, so, I'm good now.

they didn't even mark the sale at the TRU I went to, but they were on sale.

I'm waiting for the figures to go on sale.. but at the same time this store only has 4 pegs for them, and only wave 1 stuff

they didn't even mark the sale at the TRU I went to, but they were on sale.

I'm waiting for the figures to go on sale.. but at the same time this store only has 4 pegs for them, and only wave 1 stuff

yeah i just came back from one today too. same thing. no tags. did find 1 lone tru firefly and got the gunship too. ditched that red helmet figure pilot as he sucks but i did sell it for 10 bucks so i got the ship for 11 not shabby!

I'm looking forward to this sale as well. The TRU close to me has only the first two waves but maybe the stock will move during the sale and they will put out some of the later waves.

The figures and smaller vehicles go on sale next week.

The 24.99 price point vehicles or "Bravo" class vehicles are $5 off this week as well as some of the role play items.

The sale started today on the 2 for $9.99. Great way to start a collection. My TRU has a decent selection but still none of the later waves or the wave with Paris Pursuit SE. Picked up the last Firefly though. I'll check back later this week for anything new. The Alpha Class vehicles are on sale for $13.99 but they still seem a bit overpriced.

I picked up 8 figures today at the sale. Too bad they didnt have a paris snakes or baroness or agent helix though. But I did end up getting Cobra commander and the scarlet in the black suit which I had been looking for.

Disappointed that I only saw wave one figures today. However, one of the TRU I was in today replaced all the big Transformers 2 advertising with GI Joe, it looked cool. I was told that the official changeover is Weds, but because of sale they did it early.

I went to four TRU's today in the east valley in the Phoenix area. Peg space was minimal, kinda disappointing, it seems like they don't want us to buy too much on sale, lots of 25th stuff still hanging there taking up valuable real estate (also desperately waiting for clearance on this stuff as well). Picked up most of what I was saving my cashola for. First two waves and a few of the newer waves as well, the absentees were Paris Snake Eyes, and Ice Vipers. Vehicles were plenty, it appears Barbecue is the new peg warmer all star here.....Overall I was satisfied, haha saw lots o' other collectors out and to the dude who beat me to the TRU in Snottsdale by mere seconds, I salute you, you beautiful bastard....I feel like I'm having more luck finding the Wave three stuff, Flash, Neo Viper, Pit Comm. ect. at the out of the way Targets, sadly no Helix just yet but the hunt continues...oh and DVD pack 5 Best of the 80s still eludes me.....it has become my White Rhino or Whale whatever your partial too... ~Q~FIREdevil.gif

I went to two TRU stores today, not really looking for much, but interested in seeing some figures for 5 bucks (at 5 bucks, maybe something could catch my interest).

Unfortunately, both TRU stores I went to had crap. Each had 4 pegs for ROC figures. Those pegs were FULL. However, full with only wave 1 items (both collections).

I saw plenty of Heavy Duty, Ripcord, and Zartan.

I am hoping they will get more items in when the truck comes in a few days, and maybe even do a reset. I would still like to find Flash