So what ROC stuff did you get?

GPM in ICT

@loll@ alright, VH you got me! But thanks for that picture. It's definitely something i want to pick up. Just don't post a picture of Roscoe's beagle and we'll be ok.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I can't wait til sunday so I can actually participate in this conversation!

I did see unmasked SS today for the first time and I definately like him better than the maked version. I'll pick up that one.

Is Flash exclusive to one store or will everyone have him?

My Target finally got these. I picked up Baroness because she was the only one there, and I like her anyways. She needs to eat something,though! I also wanted to grab Shipwreck and Destro, but I'm broke as a joke at the moment. They were also the only figures with only one example on the pegs. Heading back there later, and will stop in to see what TrU and Wally World have. I think I need the Firefly exclusive. I also want to get all of the Storm Shadow/Snake Eyes variants when I can afford to, because I think they look cool. Deep Six and the Ice Vipers look great, too.

Yep, they've snagged me too.......have been sticking to ARAH and a few 25ths, but as soon as I saw these on the shelf, I was 10 years old again.:)

Folks, in the vein of the "tip-of-the-iceberg" kind of thinking, I present to you the latest discovery from a online auction site:

http://www.taobao.com/view_image.php?pic=W...xYmVkZjViZTI%3D

http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_detail...642dcc00bfb.htm

Its another Target exclusive, but the concept bodes interesting, me thinks.......

Worthy of note:

The original version of Snowjob is an O-ring style figure--look at the sculpt!

Scroll down those pages for pics of OTHER new sets, previously unseen.

Folks, in the vein of the "tip-of-the-iceberg" kind of thinking, I present to you the latest discovery from a online auction site:

Its another Target exclusive, but the concept bodes interesting, me thinks.......

Worthy of note:

Wow, ARROW, you really unearthed a goldmine here. Better let Jay know. SOME of this stuff looks really cool. The Snowjob set makes me wonder what other Then and Now sets we're going to get. I like where they're going.

Let's see, so far I've gotten Desert Duke, SE, Paris Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow and the Baroness.

I also plan on getting Destro, a bunch of Neo-Vipers, and some of the non-movie ROC stuff like Rampage/Heavy Metal and the black SNAKE armours. Past that, we'll see.

Worthy of note:

The left side of that box is pretty cool.

been taking my time posting this but so far i have snagged

Baroness

Breaker

Cobra Viper

Shipwreck

Cover Girl

Destro

Duke -Desert Ambush

Heavy Duty-Impact Armor

Sgt Stone

Ripcord -Accelerator Suit

Scarlett-Covert Ops

Snake Eyes

Storm Shadow

Firefly

and a mole pod

still keeping my eyes peeled for the rest but mostly Agent Helix Flash and Impact Armor Scarlett

Where's everybody finding the Sgt. Stone and Flash figures?

I've hit TRU, Target & Walmart and nothing of those yet.

Where's everybody finding the Sgt. Stone and Flash figures?

I've hit TRU, Target & Walmart and nothing of those yet.

i found stone at target he was the only stg stone there

I've picked up Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander and Shipwreck so far. I'm liking these a lot more than expected.

I plan to pick up more, which I didn't anticipate, but you got to do what you got to do. #US1# The TRU sale next week should definitely increase my collection.

Final tally on this initial release:

- Destro

- Acellerator Wayans

- Baroness (all three bought months ago from ebay )

- The Doctor

- Hawk

- Flash (all three from BBTS on release day)

- Armored Heavy Duty

- Armored Scarlett

- Paris Pursuit Snakes

- Sgt Stone

- Zartan

- Scarlett (fug-face)

- Cover Girl

More than I ever expected to buy, mostly they're going toward future customs. Armored Scarlett will drive the Steel Crusher as a 25th version of Vypra. Baroness was going to be my Munitia base, but the Paris version (or even better, Resolute Baroness) ousted her ugly aft). Accelerator Wayans' legs will be merged with Arctic Stormy to become the base of my "Overkill Origins" figure. Covergirl's getting a head-swap and painted into Firewall. Hawk is already halfway to becoming Lt Stone (S6 version) and Destro is a great base for an Interrogator... just need to hollow out a 2005 version's helmet to fit over that big-ass collar.

I'm still tracking down an affordable Helix (for a Zanya custom) and I want to army build the Para-Viper repaint... the best new figure we got in the 25th line.

After seeing the demo for the video game, I'm actually hoping for a Kamakura figure (is it that obvious that the movie and game began development as Sigma 6 adaptations???) so I can team him with my armored Heavy Duty (headswapped for a S6 look) and the Barrel Roll repaint as a 'Rawhides' team. An armored Duke or Ripcord may have to be bought, to facilitate a Hi-Tech for the same.

All-in-all, whether the movie sucks or not, I expect it to make money, and guarantee a sequel. That alone means we'll see Joe product between now and summer 2011 (at least). And if those figures provide as many custom possibilities as these 37 did, I'll be very happy even if Hasbro never goes back to the vintage designs (even though I'm absolutely convinced they will).

I think it's a real testament to the quality of this line, the fact that people that don't necessarily care for the movie are snapping these figures up, even if they are wanting them for customs. I think they're great...

This all reminds me of the excitement of Hasbro's Star Wars line. It's fun collecting cool figures that you can't wait to see on the big screen.

Man I can't wait til sunday so I can actually participate in this conversation!

I did see unmasked SS today for the first time and I definately like him better than the maked version. I'll pick up that one.

Is Flash exclusive to one store or will everyone have him?

Paris Pursuit SS(unmasked) has for some reason become scarce, next time I see him I'll buy him.

A tone of Sgt Stones at Targets near me VH. And at WM I found like 1 or 2 per store when I was looking for Helixs and Hawks.

Draven

Yep! Just snatched me a Sgt. Stone at my local Target. The first time I was in, they didn't have the end cap display up yet, and now they do and they have quite the assortment. :)

They had one of those large accelerator suit Dukes, and I made the mistake of hitting the button, and after about 5 minutes of the thing going off with it's various noises, sound effects and vocal commands and G.I.Joe theme, I attracted enough attention my way, were I had to put my head down and scurry away like Jerry Lewis. @haha@

I don't know if anyone else noticed this but at the bottom right hand side of the picture of the Rhyno it says that the figures name is Rampage. If you click on the pictures corner it will show you the package more upclose and that's what I saw. If I'm wrong about the name I'm sure you'll all let me have it, but that's what I noticed, unless your all just calling him Heavy Metal. His face also looks like Mutts.

Also I picked up Paris SE, Paris unmasked SS (very loose figure) Cobra Commander, Ice Viper, Firefly & Barbeque. I'll pick up the common guys on Sunday, but I have to say these are much better than I had ever first thought.

A tone of Sgt Stones at Targets near me VH. And at WM I found like 1 or 2 per store when I was looking for Helixs and Hawks.

Draven

Yep! Just snatched me a Sgt. Stone at my local Target. The first time I was in, they didn't have the end cap display up yet, and now they do and they have quite the assortment. :)

They had one of those large accelerator suit Dukes, and I made the mistake of hitting the button, and after about 5 minutes of the thing going off with it's various noises, sound effects and vocal commands and G.I.Joe theme, I attracted enough attention my way, were I had to put my head down and scurry away like Jerry Lewis. @haha@

(lol) I did the exact same thing VH. Loud ain't it! @loll@