So what ROC stuff did you get?

GPM in ICT

Since today was the first day that some stores were putting out Rise of Cobra stuff out, what did you get? I stopped by a TRU just because I wanted to see what they had. They didn't have a display in the front of the store but had Joe stuff put out in the regular Joe section. I got the TRU exclusive Firefly, Shipwreck, Wetsuit and SGT Stone. Looked at the other figures they had and while I will get more tomorrow or monday I just really wanted to get that FF and with him being a TRU exclusive I wasn't sure how hard he would be to find. So what did you get?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got the Storm Shadow and Heavy Duty. I figured they'd go on sale 2 for $10 when the movie comes out so I'll just wait till then to get more. I wasn't that impressed with some of them.

I bought several of them.

Scarlet

CoverGirl

Snake Eyes

Zartan

Shipwreck

Sgt Stone

Breaker

Baroness

Destro

Storm Shadow

Heavy Duty (reactive armor)

Heavy Duty (Green Camo)

Ripcord

I'm totally diggin the gray camo outfits many of them have. Have a cool custom joe team planned for them. I haven't opened either of the HD's or Ripcord. I'm not really diggin them. I think I am going to take them back. The oly ones I don't like that I opened are Baroness and Snake Eyes. The rest I love though. Glad this line is finally out!!!

I found these to be ugly cheap figures that are not worth the ridiculous 8.00 price tag.

GI Joe is dead to me.

Wow...really man?! Are they not the same quality as the 25th Anniversary figures?

I'm really happy for everyone that found these. I've been so looking forward to getting them. I've not been to TRU, and I'm wondering if anyone has found these at Wal-Mart. I lucked-out myself and sold enough stuff on eBay to afford a case of them from Entertainment Earth. I got the Collection 1 Wave 2 case. It comes with:

2x Snake Eyes Paris Pursuit

1x Storm Shadow Ninja Mercenary

1x Ice-Viper Arctic Assault

2x Storm Shadow Paris Pursuit

2x Cobra Commander

1x Scarlett Desert Ambush

2x Duke Reactive Impact Armor

1x Snake Eyes Ninja Commando

I am so very excited about these figures. Can't wait to get 'em...

Man I found these at Target today and went a little nuts. Just for the record, the quality is just as good as the 25th figs, so I have no idea where people are getting that from. Now the price is pretty high, but that seems to be the case across the board on toys. For what its worth I really thought I wouldnt buy any of these. They looked really cheap and bad in the pics I saw so i figured that all but a few were a pass. In person its a whole different story. They look great to me and fit right in with my 25th.

I bought alot of stuff (helps that I just finished my busy season so the money was there):

Scarlet

Scarlett Desert Ambush

CoverGirl

Zartan

Shipwreck

Sgt Stone

Breaker

Heavy Duty (Green Camo)

Ripcord

Deep Six

Snake Eyes Paris Pursuit (best fig in the line for me, the trench really makes a new look for ol' snakes)

Snake Eyes regular

X2 Ice-Viper (gotta love living in a place that gets alot of snow)

Viper Commando

Storm Shadow Paris Pursuit

Storm Shadow regular

Cobra Commander

Duke Reactive Impact Armor

Cobra Gunship

Mole Pod

Night Raven (so freakin cool, this is the kind of vehicle I want to see more of)

And a giant tough Trooper Snake Eyes for my 2 year old(first joe toys are so cool).

I didnt see Destro Or Baroness but they are both on my list. After this i'm in a no buy zone for the rest of the month, well at least until the comic con exclusives hit at the end of the month...lol.

Man I found these at Target today and went a little nuts. Just for the record, the quality is just as good as the 25th figs, so I have no idea where people are getting that from. Now the price is pretty high, but that seems to be the case across the board on toys. For what its worth I really thought I wouldnt buy any of these. They looked really cheap and bad in the pics I saw so i figured that all but a few were a pass. In person its a whole different story. They look great to me and fit right in with my 25th.

I bought alot of stuff (helps that I just finished my busy season so the money was there):

Scarlet

Scarlett Desert Ambush

CoverGirl

Zartan

Shipwreck

Sgt Stone

Breaker

Heavy Duty (Green Camo)

Ripcord

Deep Six

Snake Eyes Paris Pursuit (best fig in the line for me, the trench really makes a new look for ol' snakes)

Snake Eyes regular

Viper Commando

Storm Shadow regular

Cobra Commander

Cobra Gunship

Mole Pod

Night Raven (so freakin cool, this is the kind of vehicle I want to see more of)

And a giant tough Trooper Snake Eyes for my 2 year old(first joe toys are so cool).

I didnt see Destro Or Baroness but they are both on my list. After this i'm in a no buy zone for the rest of the month, well at least until the comic con exclusives hit at the end of the month...lol.

Wow. A lot of people on this board just need someone to take control of their finances. It doesn't matter that the money was there. Put it towards your mortgage, your car payment, or that two-year old's college fund.

I got Shipwreck. That's it.

The figures are great. I saw them for the first time on an endcap at Target. There was a lot of them. I could have easily walked away with several, including ones I had not intended on buying.

Had they been reasonably priced.

While I was walking to the cash register I kept on thinking about turning back for Duke, Heavy Duty, Cover Girl, Stone, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Destro, and Baroness. But handing the cashier a 10 and only getting back a buck and change made me feel I made the right decision only going with one.

I'll wait for the sale.

That said. These figures look FAR from cheap. The paint on the black armor guys with the "scratched up" gray paint aps look awesome. The eyes on HD were rolled back but that's not going to bother me when I pick him up. Except for the spring loaded weapons, they come with some good gear. At least the shipwreck does. I did not see CC, Paris SE or SS, or either of the Scarletts though. I think they had everyone else.

Can't wait for the sale!

Wow...really man?!

Yeah. Really.

These are on the same level as those Bravo Squad or whatever they're called figures. They arouse the same level of excitement as well. They have the same articulation, detail, and body construction, but they look like generic soldiers. I may as well add Navy Seal figures to my collection. Even worse, they all bear that stupid, drab new Joe logo from the movie that once this bomb comes out, will have us all as ashamed for buying these as we were for buying Seaquest figures!

I'll have to go on a sight seeing trip later.

The $8 price tag on a single 3 3/4" plastic army man figure (with super hi-tech articulation joints) will probably keep me as a sight see'r only, for a while.

I've got enough of the older (cheaper..less super hi-tech) stuff to "play" with and look at for years to come if I have to. ^_^

Well,

The Walmarts I went to didn't have any Joe stuff out at all yesterday..Apperently they are scared to death of the 6/10 date on the cartons.The Decatur Alabama Target only had the cobat heroes out and that was it.So,the stores haven't put out any merchandise for Rise Of cobra yet.I only plan to get the Ice Dagger and the Cobra Gunship.I am not worried sense,the stuff is going to be all over the place.

I found these to be ugly cheap figures that are not worth the ridiculous 8.00 price tag.

GI Joe is dead to me.

Good for you. Nobody cares, pup.

Hit two Targets and a TRU today. The Targets each had different assortments...one was identical to what TRU had (Destro, Baroness, Desert Ambush Duke), while the other had the Paris Pursuit figures and Cobra Commander. Here's what I ended up getting.

Destro

Baroness

Cobra Commander

Storm Shadow

Paris Pursuit Storm Shadow

Snake-Eyes

Paris Pursuit Snake-Eyes

Desert Ambush Duke

The Accelerator Suit figs looked decent, but Duke's head was way too big and I didn't like Scarlett enough to grab her today. I may down the line.

GI Joe is dead to me.

ah words of a RAH-Whiner

Oh. I see. Either you love it, or you're wrong.

In that case, Da Big Dawg can play ball...

I love these figures. Drab gray...beauitiful! That big stupid childish op gun that everyone is going to throw away anyway is EXACTLY what this line has been missing until now. If only they could get some power action into these figures, then they'd be BEYOND the perfection they are now! The accelerator suits? Ninjas in armor? I'm joining all the eight year olds in remedial school in thinking that this is sooooo cool!

And the eight bucks! I will go on record right now in saying it's not enough! I will gladly pay ten!

Ran to four different places this morning, and only one had any Joe movie stuff out. The TRU on Pipeline in Hurst has a very small section.

No joy at TRU Cherry Lane (big suprise there), and nothing at Walmart on 183/Alta Mere, Target on same, and Target on Precint in Hurst is still in a very slow setup. The lady there said they MAY have the 3 3/4 stuff done today, but it could be tomorrow because it wasn't her section, blah-blah, blah.

Anyway, if you run across anything in or around Fort Worth (although I suspect I am the only one on the forum who does live here), please post here as I still need to grab a couple more things to add to the short list I got today:

Armored Panther

Steel Crusher (worst name ever)

Shipwreck

Deep Six

Cover Girl

Firefly X2

Baroness

I saw SS v1, HD v1 & v2, Scarlett v1, Neo Viper, Destro, Stone, Desert Duke, Zartan, Breaker, Snow Job & his vehicle, both version of the Gunship and the PIT along with some roleplay, and the playskool style stuff.

Scarlet

Scarlett Desert Ambush

CoverGirl

Zartan

Shipwreck

Sgt Stone

Breaker

Heavy Duty (Green Camo)

Ripcord

Deep Six

Snake Eyes regular

Viper Commando

Storm Shadow regular

Cobra Commander

Cobra Gunship

Mole Pod

Wow. A lot of people on this board just need someone to take control of their finances. It doesn't matter that the money was there. Put it towards your mortgage, your car payment, or that two-year old's college fund.

Oh look, the troll came out. I could go into finances with you but really its just not worth the effort. Needless to say that just because you are unable to afford the product does not give you the right to post nonsense on the boards. Notice the topic said "So what ROC stuff did you get?" not hey im going to bash the product line and try and put down anyone that bought it. If you dont like the product, thats fine, go post a new topic about your dislikes. To come in here and try and tell me what I should do with my money, thats just trying to start somthing. Why do you only seem to post so you can start a flame war and ruin a perfectly good topic, how sad.

Oh look, the troll came out. I could go into finances with you but really its just not worth the effort. Needless to say that just because you are unable to afford the product does not give you the right to post nonsense on the boards. Notice the topic said "So what ROC stuff did you get?" not hey im going to bash the product line and try and put down anyone that bought it. If you dont like the product, thats fine, go post a new topic about your dislikes. To come in here and try and tell me what I should do with my money, thats just trying to start somthing. Why do you only seem to post so you can start a flame war and ruin a perfectly good topic, how sad.

Thank you very much!

Wow...really man?!

Yeah. Really.

These are on the same level as those Bravo Squad or whatever they're called figures. They arouse the same level of excitement as well. They have the same articulation, detail, and body construction, but they look like generic soldiers. I may as well add Navy Seal figures to my collection. Even worse, they all bear that stupid, drab new Joe logo from the movie that once this bomb comes out, will have us all as ashamed for buying these as we were for buying Seaquest figures!

BigDawg, you have your opinion man, and you're certainly entitled to it. I am sorry you were so disappointed, to be honest. The only thing I have a problem with was your "finances" comment. That was going a little too far, like we couldn't make very good decisions with our money. To me that goes beyond opinion and into the realm of insult. But hey, I'm gonna stay positive and give you the benefit of the doubt; maybe you were kidding. If we don't take you too seriously, it is kinda funny.

And...just for the record, I never bought any Seaquest figures. I did almost buy some Waterworld figures once though. If I were being completely honest, I'd say I'm still tempted. (lol)

Well after my trip to target, my ROC scores so far is...

Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes

Paris Pursuit Storm Shadow

Storm Shadow

Viper Soldier

Lt. Stone

Ice Viper

Ripcord ( Accelerator Suit )

Heavy duty ( Reactive armor )

Scarlett ( Reactive Armor )

Cobra Gunship ( Black Mask )

Steel Crusher

Only figure I have yet to seen is Cobra Commander, which is wierd, I would think as Non-Iconic the figure looks, why anyone would pick him up right away. Maybe Kids are digging him, like vader?

Movie Might suck, but the Line is pretty inspiring in person, especially targets displays, man it's like the Good old days again.

No Joes to even SEE yet in my area.

A quick note. Be sure to check your Armored Panthers well before buying. The new tooling for the Armadillo mold has lights added to the front in clear plastic, and my vehicle does not have them, though they are pictured in the artwork and box photo. They are two small rectangular lights that go right in the front.

No joes yet here either, not that I have the money for them now. Walmart had 3 dc shirts and two super friends dvds that I couldnt pass up. Now all I can get is that snake eyes with the trench coat when I see him.