ROC toys out at TRU

CLAM

Toys R Us released the ROC toys today. It seems some people are finding them already on the shelves...

However, my store didn't have any out. I rolled in about 15 minutes after they opened, hoping that everything wasn't picked over. (The only figures I was looking for are the TRU exclusives and Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes).

Anyhow, they didn't have any out, so I went to the front and asked them about it. The kid "helping me" called to the backroom on the walkie talkie. I heard the voice on the other end reply "they won't be out until July 10th," without any hesitation. So I immediately knew that they had plenty, and that this guy in the backroom knew exactly where they were.

I tried to explain about the new release dates, but the kid just told me that not everybody has the same releases. So I asked for the manager. I told her about the new release dates and that she should have received a memo or something from Hasbro or TRU HQ.

She went to the back to look at the boxes (for some reason to verify that they had the July 10th date on the box), then she came back up and looked them up in the computer... Then she went to the little office thing... and finally she came out with a paper that said the items and the release info.

After 25 mins or so, she finally said, "yep, the break out day is today." She called the guy on the walkie again and asked him to bring out a few cases.

I waited another 20 mins and he rolls out a giant cart FULL of ROC stuff (however, there were only 3 cases of figures). He took the cart over to the Joe section and began making a space for all the new stuff.

They has pretty much all of the items that are supposed to be out (The Pit, Night Raven, Alpha Vehicles, Bravo Vehicles).

Unfortunately, the cases did not have Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes in them. Does anybody know which case he comes in?

They had C1 w1 r3 (collection 1 wave 1 revision 3), and c2 w1 (collection 2 wave 1).

I nabbed the exclusive Firefly (very nice) and BBQ... I looked at the Ferret and Armadillo, I want them, but I can't justify the 17 dollar price for them. All of the vehicles are just way overpriced for this line. I am going to have to pass on them all until they have a major sale.

ANyhow, go get yours if you are into the ROC stuff.

I grabbed the PP SE, He is the the thrid case assortment according to the barcode. I also grabbed AS Ripcord, Suit HD, Suit Scarlett, SS, and some one else can't remember lol. Passed on the Night Raven, it just doesnt look all that great in person.

And same with you Clam, could not justify spending 17$ on a Ferret or Mole pod, they are 9.99 Vehicles for sure.

I just got back from my local TRU, they definitely had the ROC figures and vehicles out. $100 for the PIT just doesn't seem worth it, I'd say $50 tops and I'd consider it.

Anyhow, maybe one of you guys can clear this up for me; Paris Pursuit Storm Shadow, was he due out in these first two initial waves? If so, then they only had two of the three waves in stock, because he wasn't on the pegs and wasn't shown on any cardbacks. The masked SS was there in full force, but not maskless.

So G.I. Joe-wise, I left empty handed. I did, however, score something that's going to make my drunken night of BBQ and fireworks even more fun; Mashoonga!

sabers2packbig.jpg

Okay, so what's the consensus on the figures that people have bought--are these any good?

Stand-outs?

Lame-ducks?

They stand alot better then the 25th figures, tight joint, No loose legs on the figures I bought. I really like the Accelerator Suit Ripcord, he's got the Split helmet, so you can open it while it's on his head. Reaction Armor HD is great, got some good gear. Firefly has a TON of accesories. PP Snake Eyes, is by far the best SE, maybe ever.

The Quality is definitely high for being a first wave, I expected some bad paint apps, and lose joints, but these do not have those problems at all. Even if the movie BOMBS, these are really fantastic figures. I will be picking up more now that i have tested the quality.

I think the Lamest figure I saw was Zartan, its just a really boring figure IMO.

Theres a few repaints that I don't feel are worth getting other then the TRU exclusive FF and BBq, possibly Shipwreck. I intend to get the others later this week.

The PiTT looks to be well worth 100$, but I'm waiting on it, I'm sure there will be some sort of deal soon on it or just for buying a certain amount of Joe product. Not happy with the Night Bird or the Alpha vehicles.

The Steel Crusher is by Far a must buy for vehicles. Rubber tires, removable armor, hidden missles, room for three people.

Well, it's a good thing I stopped at Target yesterday on my trip. I went to TRU near by this morning to see what they had. I was quite disappointed. I was expecting a big display like they had for Transformers, Star Trek, and Terminator. Nope! They only had one small end cap with 4 pegs of basic figures, the 12" figures, and a few vehicles. They didn't have half the figures Target did. I believe all they had was wave 1 and parts of wave 2. I may go to the other TRU later in the week after my birthday. It's a bigger store and they might have more.

They are sporadic here.

One TRU had them (but I didn't check the other).

I was actually hunting for the Tiger Rat. 4 Targets and only 1 left on clearance. 2 of the Targets had ROC stuff, the other two did not.

And Neither of the Walmarts I checked had anything.

Okay, so what's the consensus on the figures that people have bought--are these any good?

Stand-outs?

Lame-ducks?

The stand-outs for me are:

Accelerator Suit Ripcord (Solid construction; tight joints; good likeness to the actor; awesome hinged helmet; can shoulder his rifle easily; and just an all around cool sci-fi looking figure)

Baroness (Nice sculpt; tight joints; pegs on guns that plug into sockets on her hips for stowage; cool removable glasses that aren't oversized. I love the grappling hook/platform. Her face may need a little touch up on the paint. I painted her up, making her eyebrows smaller and her lips bigger. Looks tons better)

Covergirl (Nice standard female body, that would be great for customs; excellent elbow design that doesn't break up the sculpt; laptop)

Snake Eyes and Stormshadow (It's just good to get something different than the typical designs)

Lame-ducks:

Vipers, Neo Viper (So lame I didn't even buy them. I really dislike the design with the death masks and insectoid armor. The commander has a cool grappling hook backpack though)

Covert Ops Scarlett (Not so lame as just poorly painted. The head is cast in the orange hair color, with the face painted over it. It looks so unnatural because the hairline is too high, especially around the ears. She has an ugly silver backpack; crossbow is just a bad design. It looks to have what I figure is a handle on the back, making it look like a pick. It would be a good base body for customs if not for the unique belt that's sculpted on.