Do you have any burning questions for Hasbro on GIJoe

JayC

I need 3 questions to send in to Hasbro for by this coming Monday 7/6 for the next Q&A. LMK if there is anything in particular you want to ask by posting your questions in this thread between now and Monday morning and I will go through and pick 3 to send in. Keep in mind that SDCC is in a couple weeks so any kind of product reveals im sure will be kept under wraps till then so in other words I would try to keep the questions to stuff that has already been offically announced by Hasbro if you can.

It would probably be a good idea to go back and look at the previous questions. The ones we attempted to ask and the ones they actually "answered".

I mean if we asked a question already, they aren't likely to give us a new answer.

Holy crap, I have over 10,000 posts!

1) ok hasbro what happens if the movie line doesn't do well? will you try and back resolute then???

2) what will be on the new tv station ? ie will be all old or new cartoons for joe & tf?

3) when will the 25th line come back or i should say classic line?

4) can we get 2 lines of joe toys like SW & TF ie movie figs & resolute/classic line

there are mine.

1) ok hasbro what happens if the movie line doesn't do well? will you try and back resolute then???

2) what will be on the new tv station ? ie will be all old or new cartoons for joe & tf?

3) when will the 25th line come back or i should say classic line?

4) can we get 2 lines of joe toys like SW & TF ie movie figs & resolute/classic line

there are mine.

And if the answer to number 4) is no, can we get "classic" looking characters in the movie line?

Any more "vintage" style vehicles planned for release?

Any possibility of accessory sets for the movie line (weapons and/or "diorama" gear) or the 25th line?

Any further 12" releases planned for the Adventure team?

My questions I'm asking is in reguards to the Rise Of Cobra Movie line, though I suspect that most of these maybe answered by SDCC or the Joe Covention. There are a few that have already been typed that I also want answered(Kiba's for example), but I'm not going to type them again, just cause people here have already asked:

(1.) As you may have read on messageboards and reviews, many have said that the ROC live action female faces are very off from who they are based on. Cover Girl looks like a man. Baranoss looks okay to me, but I do agree that the chin is very big. While both versions of Scarlett to me look okay, I do agree with everyone that she looks kind of "Sleepy". My question is, are we going to see these 3 exact same figures re-released later in the year/early next year with a better/attractive and a bit more accurate head sculpts or not(Similar to the last wave of Indiana Jones with Indy, and the 1st Transformers Movie Premium toys)? It's just that in this line, most of the men look pretty accurate and you can tell who they are suppose to be, but the 3 film females are off in some serious way.

(2.) Can you conferm if the upcoming 3 packs(Destro with 2 Vipers, and the Joe 3 pack with Sgt. Stone) if they are going to be a wide release or a store exclusive, and if it's a store exclusive, which store?

(3.) In regards to the 4" Snake Eyes figures with removable visers: Is there any reason why there is no paint around the eyes? It just that he looks more like a Zombie than a human ninja to me with the visor removed, like he has no soul. As well, will we see any Movie Snake Eyes figures with removable visor from this line with silver/grey visor, to make him look a bit more like his orginial Verison 2 look, or at the very least, provide 2 interchanagable visors(1 black, 1 silver)? Black See-Through visor is cool, but a Silver or Grey would look cooler to many collectors, and add a bit of a sharp colour to the figure who is all black(So long as the figure stays all black. Just saying).

(3.) In regards to the 4" Snake Eyes figures with removable visers: Is there any reason why there is no paint around the eyes? It just that he looks more like a Zombie than a human ninja to me with the visor removed, like he has no soul. As well, will we see any Movie Snake Eyes figures with removable visor from this line with silver/grey visor, to make him look a bit more like his orginial Verison 2 look, or at the very least, provide 2 interchanagable visors(1 black, 1 silver)? Black See-Through visor is cool, but a Silver or Grey would look cooler to many collectors, and add a bit of a sharp colour to the figure who is all black(So long as the figure stays all black. Just saying).

Maybe he doesn't. Maybe he sold it to become the G.I. Joe Super Ninja.

1) (let me preface this by saying i may be wording this wrong, and i'd love help wording it right) Hasbro has made movie tie-in toys for Marvel before and it appears will do so in the future. With the Hulk movies Hasbro released JVC style soliders but in black even though there were more traditional looking soldiers in the movie. Is there contractual argument Preventing them from using the latest sculpt joes, and more realistic paint schemes? If not would they consider doing in this in the future?

2) How Does Hasbro determine the names of Straight repaint characters? The upcoming "air-raid" repaint of resolute five pack duke , looks remarkable like Barrel-Roll and upcoming Rollbar is a straight repaint of Airborne and looks similiar not the sky force version.

might stop by with more later.

are we sure we have seen the final product here?

are we sure we have seen the final product here?

Of course not. We need another 17 versions.

another one,

3) Some names are listed in quotations within their real names. Does that signify that Hasbro does not have rights to the name by itself. Like an upcoming movie beachhead? Because some of them have not received that name treatment before.

4) (from me i mean)

Does Hasbro take note of the individual figures that seem to be "peg-warmers" so they can take that into consideration for future product?

I ask because Wild Bill and the hiss tank driver seemed to be on the shelves constantly, and I'm honestly not sure if it was that they kept be restocked in new waves or if they old ones never sold. But because they set there, they didn't restock as often around me.

I have a few I guess:

1. I first saw the new ROC toys well over a week ago at all of the major retailers. However, they were not available for purchase at any of the stores because of the release date (7/10). I have purchased a few since then because of the new release date at TRU and Target. However, Walmart still will not sell them. My question is, what is the point of the release date? And why has there been such poor communication with retailers about the new release date?

2. Why does Hasbro go so far and impose so many regulations with these release dates, in order to keep me from buying their product, while at the same time allowing TONS of product to be STOLEN from their factories and sold on ebay? It is incredibly frusterating to have to wait to rightfully purchase something that has been available via the black market for so long.

3. Was the decision for some items to be online only (7 packs, wave 5 vehicles, hall of heroes) Hasbro's choice? Or is it a lack of retail interest? I hope you realize that online only items lose the vast majority of customers, customers who would gladly purchase these items if they were able to hold them in hand before purchasing.

4. Why were wave 14 and 15 canceled? There was over 6 months between wave 13 and the ROC figures. Hasbro attempted to fill this void almost exclusively with revision cases (and the collectors 5-packs). Wouldn't retailers have preferred NEW figures instead?

I have the answers to all your questions:

"We can't talk about that right now, but be sure to check out the coverage from SDCC!"

"There are no plans for that at this time. Thanks for the suggestion."

"Be sure to look out for some of your favorite classic characters reimagined in the movie line!"