DCUC price increase to start with wave 11

Opticon

who here bought the Rulk wave at 15?? I know I didn't, I waited for the price drop!!!! No way I was going to pay double for a figure and BAF that I was paying 7-8 a couple of years earlier!!!

The first time I saw the Rulk wave, I grabbed them all at $10. Then 2 days later they were $15, so I was very happy that I got a great deal. But around here all of the figures still moved at $15 with the exception of the Black Spider-Man and regular Wolverines. I think the reason those still sold is because that was the best wave that Hasbro produced to date with a cool BAF and some cool looking figures.

I bought the RULK wave and the price dropped three days later, I got the difference from CS, but I still felt stupid. I nothing wrong with DC, but I am a bigger Marvel fan, so it was a little easier to digest the price hike, but if this is going to be a new trend, I'll have to stick with just buying key figures instead of all of them.

Remember the ML Target Rulk wave?

Yep. I don't know if this was because ML was running out of gas ayway or because of what Hasbro had done to the line, but Target wasn't moving this wave at 15.00. Eventually they had to wave the white flag and knock them down to 10.00 and THAT was when they started to sell!

I really hope that if this increase is true that people will stick to their guns and not buy but I have a feeling that once Mattel circulates a few cool pics of a perfect Classic Robin or a beautiful Martian Manhunter, the fans will be caving and throwing their wallets at Mattel, Wal-Mart, whoever. After all, fifteen-sixteen bucks a figure sounds like a lot but when you consider how many people are buying this line on-line or from e-bay, a lot of us are paying this already!

the rulk wave did retail at 14.99. target changed the price about two weeks after, but they did come out at 15.00. were all complaininmg now, but we'll still buy them.

I think they started at 14.99 because Target thought they were the same as the Hulk Legends. In my area, they didn't reduce the price till about a month and a half after they appeared here.

I bought the entire set at full price.

Then when they were discounted to like $6 a fig, I bought another set. So, on avg, I got them at about $11 a fig.

I bought the red hulk wave at $10 at the start! As others said Target started them at that price then accidently jumped them up thinking they were the Hulk figs, then within a few weeks they went back to regular price. They never were meant to be $15.

Draven

I bought the red hulk wave at $10 at the start! As others said Target started them at that price then accidently jumped them up thinking they were the Hulk figs, then within a few weeks they went back to regular price. They never were meant to be $15.

Draven

maybe not, but people still bought the foom wave at 15 bucks. the foom figs werent all that big(in size) for them to retail at 15. hell, TB made bigger sized figs for less.(juggs, hulk, thing, h.buster ect.) but people still bought them. i think that we will still buy them at 15.00....we just feel like b!tching is all.

i think that we will still buy them at 15.00....

I think a lot of us between eBay, shipping charges, comic shops, etc already pay this much if not a little more. The Mass Market, though, is another story. I'm still not convinced that the mass market is ready for a fifteen dollar Shark figure.

And before some anal idiot chimes in with "This line is aimed at collectors not the mass market," that is only true to an extent. When you start seeing Captain Cold or Kid Flash clogging the pegs at Target, that's the mass market passing up on them.

If this is in fact true HardRockBatman will offically be calling it quits on all action figure collecting. I havent picked up a DCUC figure since Wave 6 since that was the last wave i ever saw in retail.

Online Retailers and EVIL BAY have been too expenisve for my taste. I havent picked up a DCD Figure since DCUC came out, but now it looks like i wont even get those.

Im gonna stick with my DCD Statues. They are spread out enough that it doesnt break my wallet and they actually hold value.

If this is in fact true HardRockBatman will offically be calling it quits on all action figure collecting. I havent picked up a DCUC figure since Wave 6 since that was the last wave i ever saw in retail.

Online Retailers and EVIL BAY have been too expenisve for my taste. I havent picked up a DCD Figure since DCUC came out, but now it looks like i wont even get those.

Im gonna stick with my DCD Statues. They are spread out enough that it doesnt break my wallet and they actually hold value.

there are some ebay retailers that offer fair prices. i ordered my wave 8 for 12.00 a fig, plus 11.00 to ship the case.

• 2 months later...

Ok I just bought 3 figures this week at Target. All I want is a Giganta to go with my DCIH figures.

2 for $11.89 then 3 days later it went up to $12.99. #WTF#

Luckily I found 3 old figures at KMart for $8 & returned those to Target take the sting out of it. :P

Plus since when did Meijer get rid of theirs??? :huh: I mean they just disappeared. None are on the clearance shelves. I'm almost positive they were right next to the animated Batman line. They were $10.99 there.

Yeah went around this morning, including TRU, and son of a biscuit if both TRU and Target hadn't finally raised their prices too!!! Damn, was really hoping TRU would be a haven for cheaper toys!!! Guess my hopes were dashed finally!! Oh well, guess no need to head there anymore!! Only reason I would have shopped their would be for the lower prices!! TRU can finally close down for all I care!!