DCUC price increase to start with wave 11

Opticon

I am not surprised in a price increase .. things are crazy across the board, and I was thinking of slowing down in collecting anyway.

But a 4 - 5 dollar rise is ludicrous!!! DC figs were always the most expense figs on the pegs, but man, to pay comic shop prices in a retail store is str8 up madness!!!

After Black Adam, GA, and Black Canary (and hopefully the supossed Man-Bat of wave 10), I am basically done.

Well, it looks like the price increase may have already begun in Canada. Just before Canada Day, I went to a Toys R Us(TRU for short), and noticed that the DC Univerise Classics singles are now $16.99(Used to be $14.99), and DC Infinite Heroes 3 packs are now around $22.00 or $23.00(Used to be $19.99. That said, I don't know if Zellers or Wal-mart Canada, which also carried the 3 packs for $19.99, had increased the price as well). But the main offender to me has to be the increase of the TRU Exclusive DC Univerise Classics 2 packs, which are now $29.99(Used to be $24.99. Seriously). I just made a rant about it in the Canada section of the Areas And Sightings fourm on this message board. Here's the link for those curious:

- http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?s=&am...&p=16575983

Bye the way for those wondering, in Canada, it seems that TRU Canada is the only current retail store to be carrying the DC Universe Classics line since around May 2009, when they brought in the Wave with the Collect To Connect Kaliback series, and then later the Collect To Connect Atom Smasher series. Wal-mart Canada was the only Canadian retail store in early 2008 with Wave 1, but that was it. All the other DC Univerise Classics waves, we had to get a comic book stores, collector toy stores, and/or online.

Ok so these all come with some kind of collector pin... I got a feeling that is where the $3 price mark up is coming from, I say screw it & give us the regular price :S

I'll be done with modern toy collecting before very long. These prices are unjustifyable. I'm betting the movie GI Joes will be at least $8 each...and comics will all soon be at $4 per issue. I'm being priced out of both of my hobbies :(

That aint no lie!!! I have given up the 3 & 3/4 inch lines completely!! No way I would ever pay over 5 bucks for any figure, so all lines are now dead to me!!! If this is true, then I too will no longer support the line. It was a good run while it lasted, but after all these years, and all these figures, perhaps it's time to move on from collecting!!!

I haven't bought a comic in years, while I loved em, 2.99 a pop for lesser pages than what I used to pay for .75 a pop as a kid, is just too much!!!

I'll just have to continue to read about storylines in Wikipedia!!! LOL!!! And I'll just admire the toys on the shelves like I do with everything else I used to collect!!! Perhaps if a sale or clearance comes about, but if that hike goes into effect, then that will be it for me!!!

I just hope, they don´t start with different versions of characters (Green Lantern Batman, DC One Million Batman) cause I´m gonna collect those...oh, and red, black, blue, yellow lanterns (some of them).

Piss-poor distribution, crappy QC, and now a $3 price increase???

These idiots seem to know less about economics than Obama...And I didn't think that was possible.

$3 price increase = severe loss of customers (including me).

I'll be done with modern toy collecting before very long. These prices are unjustifyable. I'm betting the movie GI Joes will be at least $8 each...and comics will all soon be at $4 per issue. I'm being priced out of both of my hobbies :(

That aint no lie!!! I have given up the 3 & 3/4 inch lines completely!! No way I would ever pay over 5 bucks for any figure, so all lines are now dead to me!!! If this is true, then I too will no longer support the line. It was a good run while it lasted, but after all these years, and all these figures, perhaps it's time to move on from collecting!!!

I haven't bought a comic in years, while I loved em, 2.99 a pop for lesser pages than what I used to pay for .75 a pop as a kid, is just too much!!!

I'll just have to continue to read about storylines in Wikipedia!!! LOL!!! And I'll just admire the toys on the shelves like I do with everything else I used to collect!!! Perhaps if a sale or clearance comes about, but if that hike goes into effect, then that will be it for me!!!

Of course, we can all wait for these items to be obtained by TJ Maxx, ROSS, and Marshalls. I found a few Luthor 3 packs at Ross' @ $4.99. All the leftovers from TRU, Target, and Walmart go there to be purchased. Kinda like the old KB Toy (Buy Me NOW dumping section...) discount area. DCUC seems to be heading there with more frequency.

Of course, we can all wait for these items to be obtained by TJ Maxx, ROSS, and Marshalls. I found a few Luthor 3 packs at Ross' @ $4.99. All the leftovers from TRU, Target, and Walmart go there to be purchased. Kinda like the old KB Toy (Buy Me NOW dumping section...) discount area. DCUC seems to be heading there with more frequency.

And what is the corporate perception when all these toylines get dumped at the discount outlets? That there is no market for them at a profitable level. Which means stores reduce (if not completely cease) ordering said lines because they don't sell. And when the stores stop ordering...lines end.

I'm not going to defend Mattel here (and seriously, considering as far as my area is concerned DCUC doesn't even EXIST), for being "the largest toy company in the world" toylines should NOT have the quality control issues fans have been complaining about for years now. At this point, Mattel should NOT be making the same pig headed mistakes with distribution, character selection and case ratios they've been doing for over a damn decade.

HOWEVER, I think a LOT of you need to remember that prices DO go up. Inflation and cost DO rise over time. I remember when Transformers Basics/Scounts retailed for $5. Now, they run $8. Deluxes finally went up to $13 this year. You don't want to pay the price at retail for these, fine, that is your choice. But do remember that if the retail stores don't feel like they are making enough profit with these toylines, they will NOT hesitate to dump the line.

And what is the corporate perception when all these toylines get dumped at the discount outlets? That there is no market for them at a profitable level. Which means stores reduce (if not completely cease) ordering said lines because they don't sell. And when the stores stop ordering...lines end.

I'm not going to defend Mattel here (and seriously, considering as far as my area is concerned DCUC doesn't even EXIST), for being "the largest toy company in the world" toylines should NOT have the quality control issues fans have been complaining about for years now. At this point, Mattel should NOT be making the same pig headed mistakes with distribution, character selection and case ratios they've been doing for over a damn decade.

HOWEVER, I think a LOT of you need to remember that prices DO go up. Inflation and cost DO rise over time. I remember when Transformers Basics/Scounts retailed for $5. Now, they run $8. Deluxes finally went up to $13 this year. You don't want to pay the price at retail for these, fine, that is your choice. But do remember that if the retail stores don't feel like they are making enough profit with these toylines, they will NOT hesitate to dump the line.

Sure, price jumps happen, but a $3-5 dollar increase is ridiculous.

Sure, price jumps happen, but a $3-5 dollar increase is ridiculous.

right. that would make them in between 15-17 bucks a pop!...thats steep.

Just a guess, but maybe the increase applies to matty.com only? I mean, $5 increase is a huge increment.

www.mattycollector.com does not carry retail product.

They will as of wave 9. Which would put this wave on deck as far as his theory goes.

Just a guess, but maybe the increase applies to matty.com only? I mean, $5 increase is a huge increment.

www.mattycollector.com does not carry retail product.

They will as of wave 9. Which would put this wave on deck as far as his theory goes.

i bet the shipping is gonna be pocket breaking! they alresdy charge 8.50 to ship a single....geeze!

I remember the olden days when price increases were gradual and spread out over extended lengths of time.

Now companies don't pull any punches; they just go straight for your wallet's jugular. Why waste time with a dollar here and a dollar there? Just tack on whatever you want and expect your customers not to care.

A $3 increase goes beyond significant for me. That's 25% (at least at Walmart where they're $11.88). This line is popular and well-received, but I don't know if it's ready for a price hike like this.

I found and bought Killer Moth today, but haven't opened him, last piece I need to finish Kalibak, but I'm hesitant on doing so. If I'm going to end this line, might as well have fewer figures to have to sell off, you know!! The thrill of finding something you need is gone!! Sucks, I was really liking this line!!!

i will believe it when I see it, this is murder as far as I can tell. The only thing I can think of is, WM was crying again about not making enough money off of them and refused to sell them without more of a profit for them, WM.

Draven

i will believe it when I see it, this is murder as far as I can tell. The only thing I can think of is, WM was crying again about not making enough money off of them and refused to sell them without more of a profit for them, WM.

Draven

But WM can sell their exclusive figs for whatever they want to.

Remember the ML Target Rulk wave?

Yep. I don't know if this was because ML was running out of gas ayway or because of what Hasbro had done to the line, but Target wasn't moving this wave at 15.00. Eventually they had to wave the white flag and knock them down to 10.00 and THAT was when they started to sell!

I really hope that if this increase is true that people will stick to their guns and not buy but I have a feeling that once Mattel circulates a few cool pics of a perfect Classic Robin or a beautiful Martian Manhunter, the fans will be caving and throwing their wallets at Mattel, Wal-Mart, whoever. After all, fifteen-sixteen bucks a figure sounds like a lot but when you consider how many people are buying this line on-line or from e-bay, a lot of us are paying this already!

Yep. I don't know if this was because ML was running out of gas ayway or because of what Hasbro had done to the line, but Target wasn't moving this wave at 15.00. Eventually they had to wave the white flag and knock them down to 10.00 and THAT was when they started to sell!

I really hope that if this increase is true that people will stick to their guns and not buy but I have a feeling that once Mattel circulates a few cool pics of a perfect Classic Robin or a beautiful Martian Manhunter, the fans will be caving and throwing their wallets at Mattel, Wal-Mart, whoever. After all, fifteen-sixteen bucks a figure sounds like a lot but when you consider how many people are buying this line on-line or from e-bay, a lot of us are paying this already!

the rulk wave did retail at 14.99. target changed the price about two weeks after, but they did come out at 15.00. were all complaininmg now, but we'll still buy them.

who here bought the Rulk wave at 15?? I know I didn't, I waited for the price drop!!!! No way I was going to pay double for a figure and BAF that I was paying 7-8 a couple of years earlier!!!

who here bought the Rulk wave at 15?? I know I didn't, I waited for the price drop!!!! No way I was going to pay double for a figure and BAF that I was paying 7-8 a couple of years earlier!!!

i did. i bought blk spidey, u.jack, and c.wolvey. no no no...i only bought spidey. i traded for the other 2.