More Blackest Night Figures!

BigDawg

Here's the link:

http://media.comics.ign.com/media/142/1429...mg_6909789.html

Overall, I'm disappointed that in four waves, we're only getting four actual Green Lanterns ...and two of them, John and Kyle, are characters that have been made before. Where are the more exotic GL's like Stel, Green Man, and that fish guy?

I'm also still very skeptical about this Blackest Night mess. After THREE YEARS (at least) of back-to-back "Color-of-the-Month" Lantern stories, the whole thing culminates with a story that reeks of yet one more "Color-of-the-Month" Lantern story with some DC Zombies thrown in. I'm also not wild about those Black Lantern designs! They all look like they're wearing silver garters! Firestorm looks like Electro from the MTV Spiderman cartoon!

Ahhh... you beat me to it!

blackest-night-event-20090630041107263.jpg

Let's see if this pic stays - I've had not-so-good luck with that...

(Oh, and that's courtesy of ActionFigureInsider/IGN/DC Direct, in case anyone was wondering)

Kyle and John are a bummer as I would have liked more alien lanterns, and I dont like the star saphire they chose. Why not go with one of the more alien saphires shown in the books, they went that way with Crib(at least we didnt get a Sinestro). Black hand has been done before, but he is imprtant for the story so I can go with that. The rest are just great, but I am hoping for more sinestro corps before they end this.

That little Glomulous contruct that comes with Larfleeze is flipping awesome :) I'll be getting the more "exotic" looking ones for sure, Atrocitus, Kryb, Larfleeze, and maybe Saint walker and the Alpha Lantern. The regular figures, i'll just wait for those in DCUC, and I dont think I need any Zombie Lanterns at the moment.

When did Aquaman die? I have no problems with the appearance of the Black Lanterns. I only wish they would include the Hal Jordan "Rainbow Warriors" that are presently only a SDCC exclusive. THAT is ridiculous how they're doing that.

That little Glomulous contruct that comes with Larfleeze is flipping awesome :) I'll be getting the more "exotic" looking ones for sure, Atrocitus, Kryb, Larfleeze, and maybe Saint walker and the Alpha Lantern. The regular figures, i'll just wait for those in DCUC, and I dont think I need any Zombie Lanterns at the moment.

@loll@ <-- at zombie lanterns! That makes me want them all the MORE! Thanks opticon you$(* @smilepunch@ @loll@ @loll@ I'm down for all of these who knows WHEN we will see any DCUC lantern figures a side from the human characters! You would think they would have given us cyborg sups & mongul as lanterns by now if they were going to at all... or a blue/green mix of hal at this years SDCC!

SOMETHING! Anything by now! Even if they do do them it will just be main characters like say "zombie" sups! Just because they can label it as another sups in the line! Or the leader lanterns like sin... Who they did actually do... I guess I should give them credit for that one eh?.. Even thouggh it was a chase variant :S

When did Aquaman die? I have no problems with the appearance of the Black Lanterns. I only wish they would include the Hal Jordan "Rainbow Warriors" that are presently only a SDCC exclusive. THAT is ridiculous how they're doing that.

I would also like to have a better idea of which Aquaman this is. I think there may have been several different characters operating as Aquaman in recent years? I don't really know much beyond the point where his (I'm assuming Arthur Curry) hook hand was replaced with the water one. I am very suprised that the Barry Allen Flash was not used as a Black Lantern and was instead reestablished in another way.

I like these figures but I wish they had more GL's in the mix other than ones that have already been done before. @grumpy@

I'm really stoked about these figures. I could go for more exotic choices of the Green Lanterns, but that's fine. John Stewart's going to be turned into a Ion custom, so no worries there.

Why Wonder Woman though? She going to be a Star Sapphire or some such non-sense?

Oh, Black Hand - totally going to be turned into a Black Lantern Batman!!!

I would also like to have a better idea of which Aquaman this is. I think there may have been several different characters operating as Aquaman in recent years? I don't really know much beyond the point where his (I'm assuming Arthur Curry) hook hand was replaced with the water one. I am very suprised that the Barry Allen Flash was not used as a Black Lantern and was instead reestablished in another way.

The Aquaman Black Lantern is the original Arthur Curry, who (begin convolution) had become the Dweller of the Deep (or something) during the One Year Later storyline, which also introduced the new Aquaman. The DotD apparently died (faded away) while helping/mentoring the newbie. (Not sure if I have that 100%, but wiki would be better)

Barry Allen is no longer dead. And so, not elligible for Black Lantern status. My guess, having not read the story, is that he never really died, but was thrust forward in time during the Crisis. Happens all the time with those speedsters, right? :)

I havent read any news about the plot for Blackest Night but perhaps Kyle and John has a big role in Blackest Night?

I think the Black Lantern Aquaman is Arthur Curry which died after Infinite Crisis.

This is awesome news!!!!!!! I only collect Green Lantern figures so I'm getting them all. If you read the interview carefully it says these are the first 4 waves so we may get more figures. Here's to hoping we get that creepy Karu-Syl girl.

Arisia!!! HOO-RAY! I remember when she was first introduced...and when she died...and when she came back. So glad that there will be a figure of her!

If they make a Black Lantern Batman I will get that figure. But my opinion is they are hinting that this is how they will reintroduce Batman. And thats how they are gonna sell the books to more people by stringing all the Batfans around with the hopes of seeing Bruce in action one more time. But i could be wrong.