10 ROTF plot holes

yojoebro82

Before I'm pounced on by anyone: I KNOW it's a pop corn movie meant to be viewed with your brain turned off. Still some good points. Especially #10.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/smg-transf...-questions.html

Also, I know this is SO two years ago, but me and a friend were watching the first one the other day......WHY, when they are trying to keep the cube away from the Decepticons, did the military decide that the best strategy was to hide it in the CITY??? The American military ACTUALLY wanted to make their stand against a hostile alien race in a highly populated area with thousands of civilians in it, hu? A responsible and well thought out plan, there. I'm sure the people who were crushed by all the buildings and the guy who was flicked by Megatron really appreciated it.

(I actually enjoyed both movies on the whole.)

The movie was fun overall. The only "plot hole " that stuck out for me was the fact that a piece of the Allspark was stuck to his shirt the whole time and he never noticed it.

Also, I know this is SO two years ago, but me and a friend were watching the first one the other day......WHY, when they are trying to keep the cube away from the Decepticons, did the military decide that the best strategy was to hide it in the CITY??? The American military ACTUALLY wanted to make their stand against a hostile alien race in a highly populated area with thousands of civilians in it, hu? A responsible and well thought out plan, there. I'm sure the people who were crushed by all the buildings and the guy who was flicked by Megatron really appreciated it.

Good Point I thought about that too the last time I watched it

In real life that would of never happened

My thinking is Micheal Bay wanted to blow up buildings

K so I looked at the list and a couple of the plot holes can be filled

2. Uh, shard 2 woke Jetfire

3. Anything exhibiting as a hit on sonar pings as a positive

4. Even professional digital camera's need lense filters at time

K giving up now I could argue most of the points made but I give.

Still a great popcorn flick.

K so I looked at the list and a couple of the plot holes can be filled

2. Uh, shard 2 woke Jetfire

3. Anything exhibiting as a hit on sonar pings as a positive

4. Even professional digital camera's need lense filters at time

K giving up now I could argue most of the points made but I give.

Still a great popcorn flick.

So far yeah, that was what I was going to say.

5. She was classifed as a "Pretender". Frenzy wasn't that heavy, why would she be? And Bumblebee didn't spray her because something was wrong. It was because of Mikaela.

6. He's got a point about that whole plot point. I actually think the whole "kids" angle is going to be covered in the next movie. It was eluded to by the scenes with Starscream and the "hatchling".

7 and 8 are just nitpicky whining.

9. Me thinks the guy doesn't understand what that matrix is (at least from the original G1 itteration). If he had, he'd "get it".

10. Why does this guy have 12 questions under "10"?

10a. When Jetfire teleported everyone to Egypt, everyone went flying when they landed and that was when Sam hurt his hand.

10b. Who said it was an "extra" sock?

10c. Your guess is as good as mine. Both movies were underwhelming in the "characterization" department.

10d. Does it matter?

10e. Who said he was picking up "from all over" he was listening to the main base the whole time.

10f and g. That was supposed to be "funny".

10h. The screwed up big time. They needed extra Decepticons for the final battle. On a side note, some of the other stuff I've been reading, A LOT of Decepticons were taking construction vehicles as alt. modes for some reason.

10i. He DID see the first movie where it was a major plot point how the humans could hurt the robots, right? Also, the team WAS multinational.

10j. I think it was implied that it was the Primes that build the pyramid, not the Egyptians. IMO, the reason they DIDN'T destroy it was because they coulda used it eventually. The bigger question is why would they build it on Earth in the first place if they didn't build them on planets with life? Why not on Mercury?

10k. Uh, so we can SEE it?

10l. I like how he's complaing about her pants being clean. Look at the pic next to number 10.

As a huge Transformers fan, I could bring myself to overlook a whole bunch of complaints that many people do have, but still there are three things that bothers me BIG time. First is ofcourse, how did the Constructicons appear separately when they were already in Devastator form. Second is, Bonecrusher appeared briefly in alt. mode. I was shocked when I saw it in the theatre, and I thought I had confused Bonecrusher with some other Transformer, but after I watched Transformers 1, it seemed even more wierd. And third, in the underwater scene, it's probably just me confused, but it seemed like Rampage was being torn apart to give Megatron the new body, especially the treads to match Megatron's treads. But then, he's alive in the end, and that too, there are two versions, one with Devastator and another a red colour Rampage. I guess I have to watch the movie again to understand the whole thing .

As a huge Transformers fan, I could bring myself to overlook a whole bunch of complaints that many people do have, but still there are three things that bothers me BIG time. First is ofcourse, how did the Constructicons appear separately when they were already in Devastator form. Second is, Bonecrusher appeared briefly in alt. mode. I was shocked when I saw it in the theatre, and I thought I had confused Bonecrusher with some other Transformer, but after I watched Transformers 1, it seemed even more wierd. And third, in the underwater scene, it's probably just me confused, but it seemed like Rampage was being torn apart to give Megatron the new body, especially the treads to match Megatron's treads. But then, he's alive in the end, and that too, there are two versions, one with Devastator and another a red colour Rampage. I guess I have to watch the movie again to understand the whole thing .

The "our universe" answer was that they could only afford to do so many Trasnformer models. They wanted to have, what 15 Decepticons for that last fight? That's expensive to do 15 NEW Transformers. The Construticons were made for the movie, but I think they forgot to, like, actually use them before Devastator showed up. Since they already made up the models for them, it was easier to use them then make new ones.

The "in the movie univese" answer The Decepticons REAALLLYYYY liked using construction vehicles for their alt. modes. There were even a few in the novelization that had nothing to do with Constructicons.

Before I'm pounced on by anyone: I KNOW it's a pop corn movie meant to be viewed with your brain turned off. Still some good points. Especially #10.

from a US soldier, the cpt that made that call that was promoted to maj in the 2nd movie wouldve been relieved of duty after that battle, u do not hide or make a stand in the midst of innocent life, people r gettin in trouble for that in iraq and afghan

from a US soldier, the cpt that made that call that was promoted to maj in the 2nd movie wouldve been relieved of duty after that battle, u do not hide or make a stand in the midst of innocent life, people r gettin in trouble for that in iraq and afghan

They weren't trying to "make a stand", they were trying to hide the cube. Not quite the same thing. But then they could have just blamed "Sector 7" for the whole thing lol.

But it makes me wonder where SHOULD they have gone? What SHOULD they have done?

What bothered me more was how did Tyrese for from s TSgt (E-6) to a Chief (E-9) in two years. Only about 5% (more likely less) of the AF populationgets Chief. How did he burn through Master and Senior so fast (unless he got step promoted twice)? And the Marine Col (0-6) from the first film how'd he end up a 4 Star (O-10) after 2 years?? Most officers (particularly non pilots) retire at / Lt Col/Col and this dude made 4 star in 2 years???

They weren't trying to "make a stand", they were trying to hide the cube. Not quite the same thing.

Yes, but still.....hiding it in an area where collateral damage and civilian casualties can be so high?

I don't know anything about military strategy beyond the GI Joe cartoon and even I know not to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

They make a toy of the Audi R8 decepticon who dies within 5-10 minutes of the start of the movie. I see that toy all over, nobody wants that crap. I like the R8 itself just not some asshat robot who scanned a nice car yet who can't even survive a little battle.

Some of these things really bother me. Others...not so much. It did always bug me about the first one that they tried to hide the Allspark in a highly-populated city. Yeah, I know it's dramatic to see the city being trashed and seeing civilians' reactions, but c'mon. Let's have some realism.

And...why have Devastator in the second one if he's not made from the actual Constructicons? Then he's just another random Decepticon, just bigger. I just think he should have been more prominent and recognized by the other Transformers like he used to be in the cartoon. That REALLY bugs me about the second one...

On a better note, knowing the girl that was after Sam at school was actually a Pretender makes so much more sense to me now. A Terminator-esque Pretender makes more sense than the thirty-foot-tall ones presented in the toy line. (I never did think the pretenders were a great idea back in the day...)

Sigh. Stupid, nitpicky critics.

1. This would happen the same way it would in OUR reality. News suppression...a few years after the fact, it has been regarded as "conspiracy theory", like all of the triangle ufos spotted around the world. I see no problem here.

2. Sam wouldn't necessarily think that, he didn't see the shard activate the kitchen robots, he just knew the robots were coming for the shard. Sam never saw any robots come to life from any shards at all, why would he jump to the conclusion after seeing Optimus brutally murdered?

3. The extra beep could've been Blackout, since we see him in a later scene. (yes I know the toy is called Grindor, but that's for sales) and yes, the doctor would've shown up, you worthless nitpicker.

4. It's for amusement factor, to play into the mad-scientist vibe and for a chuckle. Sheesh, why is this so difficult for people?

5. HOW?!?! They are CALLED Transformers. We even see her go between forms, it looks like tiny panels flipping over, maybe it's a hologram. BB doesn't know it's a pretender. She's made from an very light metal like aluminum, like Frenzy so she's fairly fragile, and the parts are sparse. BBs voice wasn't fixed, he just choked out a line, he held his throat and it looked as if it hurt to do so. Stupid questions, really.

6. Clearly the Primes created life, they fueled the allspark. The Primes were the FIRST Primes, they had created descendents long before the incident on Earth. Again, stupid, over thought nitpick. The Fallen had become incredibly powerful, so they hid the key at all costs. And it wasn't Jetfire's armor that made Prime powerful, it just helped him fly and recuperate. The Fallen was an ancient, rusted, old creaky robot. Prime is in his...well, Prime. Fallen wouldn't even set FOOT on Earth until Prime was dead, so that shows you right there he was terrified of Prime. You see how Optimus pwns the Fallen, that would've happened with or without Jetfire's parts. Does it matter WHY a Prime can only kill a Prime? Maybe it's the specific energin in the swords. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHY, just that he can. It's a freakin' ancient legend at this point, even THEY probably don't know why, and maybe it isn't even true, maybe the Fallen just didn't want to look like such a wuss. Whatever, there's a billion ways to explain it, this worthless critic has no imagination at all. The kind of person that must be told and shown everything.

7. OK, fine, geographical error. I never even considered it. It doesn't make a difference to me at all. Besides, this is the TF universe, things don't have to be exactly the same. This person is the only one that cares.

8. NO ONE CARES...but Devs is massive...tons and tons of metal, moving very, very slowly. He was hit by a railgun offshore. The end. Why nitpick that apart?

9. Jeeeesus. He went into the Matrix, like Rodimus in S3. It's a repository of knowledge and the housing of the "souls" of ancient Primes. I hate this person.

10. I won't dignify the 10 nitpicks in this "question". It's supposed to be ONE plot hole, but this "author" crams in 10 meaningless, easily explained problems, they aren't even PLOTHOLES. Pathetic.

1. This would happen the same way it would in OUR reality. News suppression...a few years after the fact, it has been regarded as "conspiracy theory", like all of the triangle ufos spotted around the world. I see no problem here.

Yeah, that part didn't bother me either. Even if it looked like alot of people at the time, it was a handful considering how many people there are in the rest of the world, or even in the rest of the city for that matter. And even then, for all they knew, the Transformers were giant mech suits piloted by human beings. They were mechanical, after all...

2. Sam wouldn't necessarily think that, he didn't see the shard activate the kitchen robots, he just knew the robots were coming for the shard. Sam never saw any robots come to life from any shards at all, why would he jump to the conclusion after seeing Optimus brutally murdered?

Also a non-issue for me.

3. The extra beep could've been Blackout, since we see him in a later scene. (yes I know the toy is called Grindor, but that's for sales) and yes, the doctor would've shown up, you worthless nitpicker.

Non-issue. Agreed...

4. It's for amusement factor, to play into the mad-scientist vibe and for a chuckle. Sheesh, why is this so difficult for people?

I actually like the smaller Transformers for that very reason, especially Wheelie. (Except for the obscene gesturing... *ahem*)

5. HOW?!?! They are CALLED Transformers. We even see her go between forms, it looks like tiny panels flipping over, maybe it's a hologram. BB doesn't know it's a pretender. She's made from an very light metal like aluminum, like Frenzy so she's fairly fragile, and the parts are sparse. BBs voice wasn't fixed, he just choked out a line, he held his throat and it looked as if it hurt to do so. Stupid questions, really.

The only thing that bothered me about the "what's-her-name" pretender was the tounge-whip. Ugh. (lol)

6. Clearly the Primes created life, they fueled the allspark. The Primes were the FIRST Primes, they had created descendents long before the incident on Earth. Again, stupid, over thought nitpick. The Fallen had become incredibly powerful, so they hid the key at all costs. And it wasn't Jetfire's armor that made Prime powerful, it just helped him fly and recuperate. The Fallen was an ancient, rusted, old creaky robot. Prime is in his...well, Prime. Fallen wouldn't even set FOOT on Earth until Prime was dead, so that shows you right there he was terrified of Prime. You see how Optimus pwns the Fallen, that would've happened with or without Jetfire's parts. Does it matter WHY a Prime can only kill a Prime? Maybe it's the specific energin in the swords. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHY, just that he can. It's a freakin' ancient legend at this point, even THEY probably don't know why, and maybe it isn't even true, maybe the Fallen just didn't want to look like such a wuss. Whatever, there's a billion ways to explain it, this worthless critic has no imagination at all. The kind of person that must be told and shown everything.

I had never considered the fact that The Fallen was ancient and therefore weak, kinda like Jetfire. Hmm...makes him even more interesting to me now. (lol) And Bumblebee using the satellite radio to talk? That's part of what makes him so cool to me. Why couldn't he have lost his voice again? Another non-issue...

7. OK, fine, geographical error. I never even considered it. It doesn't make a difference to me at all. Besides, this is the TF universe, things don't have to be exactly the same. This person is the only one that cares.

Bah. Agreed...

8. NO ONE CARES...but Devs is massive...tons and tons of metal, moving very, very slowly. He was hit by a railgun offshore. The end. Why nitpick that apart?

Yes.

9. Jeeeesus. He went into the Matrix, like Rodimus in S3. It's a repository of knowledge and the housing of the "souls" of ancient Primes. I hate this person.

I actually thought that part was cool. It seemed to reinforce what Prime said about Sam's destiny. Somehow his destiny is intertwined with the Autobots, and that scene further illustrated that and made Sam a more poignant character.

10. I won't dignify the 10 nitpicks in this "question". It's supposed to be ONE plot hole, but this "author" crams in 10 meaningless, easily explained problems, they aren't even PLOTHOLES. Pathetic.

I actually agree with his contention about the Constructicons, but that's it. That bugged me the very night I was in the theater watching it. But the rest? Meh...maybe The Fallen was in stasis and wanted to be reactivated when Megatron found the Allspark. Why sit around for millions of years waiting? (lol) Maybe Starscream flew back to Cybertron to reactivate him. And as for the ancient Egyptians...didn't they worship the sun in some capacity? Or am I thinking of the Aztecs? Yeah, it was the Aztecs. Well anyway...maybe they worshipped the original Primes, because if you look at their faces, they have some of the same characteristics that ancient Egyptians had in their head-dresses and such. It was a machine created by their "gods", so naturally it was revered and they wouldn't want to touch it or mess with it. It would be seen as a "holy" object I would assume.

This movie didn't bother me nearly as much as the first one did for plot holes. Then again, i went in with lowered expectation, and was medicated for some serious side pain.

I still want to know where Barricade is! he just disappeared in the first movie for no clear reason.

I thought I saw Barricade somewhere, but maybe I imagined it. That's why I wanted to see this move again; there was so much going on that I feel like I didn't take it all in in one viewing.