Bay directed the wrong toy franchise.

RobbieDigital

I hope this doesn't go negative.....so just hear me out. I was watching TF2:ROTF the other day in the theatre.....and if anyone was paying close attention to the cut military scenes that he filmed for the movie. The scene when the 2 hover crafts are landing and just the overall feel of the military in that movie. I was wishing that he got GI Joe instead of Transformers.......it just had a total badass tone to it. Even the NEST team seemed way more badass than anything I've gotten from the GI Joe team in the trailers.

I know this is a coulda, woulda, shoulda post.......but anyone else see where I'm coming from. In a couple of those desert scenes I was imagining Vipers instead of Decepticons......and Joes running around with green shirts.

i think GI Joe is some thing that would fit well into Bay's filming style. it would have been nice to see a Bay Joe movie but i am still staying posative on the upcoming joe movie *keeps fingers crossed*

Dude i thought the same thing , even my son whose 9 was like daddy , those look like the gijoe kiler whale vehicle , and he also pointed out the night raven , very cool

Hey...I said long before Bay did Transformers that he would have been an excellent choice to direct a G.I. Joe film. I've been saying that for years. The military stuff I've seen in the Transformers films only confirmed it for me. Maybe he'll do a crossover movie for us, or maybe he'll direct the sequel to Rise of Cobra. Stranger things have happened...

The only thing though , if Bay did GI Joe I think it would be like Combining The Rock , Armageddon, Bad Boys , and a few of his other movies all together ....... Besides GI Joe isn't out yet , so let's not jump to any conclusions about on how it will be .

I picked up the movie novelization the other day in Target.........and yes, its going to be as bad as everyone thinks it will be. I was pretty pissed off after 10 minutes of flipping through it and what I read (as a Joe fan). I'm just talking story wise and some of the stuff I read about the characters and their history with each other.....lame.

Plus, The Rock, Armageddon, and the original Bad Boys were pretty solid action flicks........they are usually named in the positive when someone is talking about Bay.

I too agree that this movie was great with all the very accurate military scenes.. YES , Bay would have done a great JOE movie..

but i an still of the opinion ( hoping ) that the G.I.Joe movie doesnt suck.

and, if it does.. there is always Joe II, right?

i like sommers better than micheal bay-- heard he's a nice guy--unlike micheal who i hear is an #$#$#. plus bay's humor is crude and dirty. i dont see sommer's having ripcord humping scarrlet's leg any time soon.

(lol) Yeah, as much as I love Transformers, there were a few things in it, like Bumblebee "lubricating" on John Turturro's character, that I thought were a little crude. I don't mind adult, sophisticated, implicative humor, as long as it isn't crude. But anyway...

I too still have high hopes for Rise of Cobra. Watching the Mummy movies, I always appreciated the light-hearted, high adventure feel they had. Just like with Van Helsing, there are things about it that if I take it too seriously, I giggle to myself when I see them. But I love the characters, the flow of action, and if you don't take it too seriously, Sommers' movies are just fun and full of action. And I think that's exactly the kind of director that needed to tackle G.I. Joe, just as long as there are some serious, heavy moments that do allow you to take it seriously on some level. I'm still extremely excited about it.

i like sommers better than micheal bay-- heard he's a nice guy--unlike micheal who i hear is an #$#$#. plus bay's humor is crude and dirty. i dont see sommer's having ripcord humping scarrlet's leg any time soon.

(lol) Yeah, as much as I love Transformers, there were a few things in it, like Bumblebee "lubricating" on John Turturro's character, that I thought were a little crude. I don't mind adult, sophisticated, implicative humor, as long as it isn't crude. But anyway...

I too still have high hopes for Rise of Cobra. Watching the Mummy movies, I always appreciated the light-hearted, high adventure feel they had. Just like with Van Helsing, there are things about it that if I take it too seriously, I giggle to myself when I see them. But I love the characters, the flow of action, and if you don't take it too seriously, Sommers' movies are just fun and full of action. And I think that's exactly the kind of director that needed to tackle G.I. Joe, just as long as there are some serious, heavy moments that do allow you to take it seriously on some level. I'm still extremely excited about it.

Can you imagine sommers doing a GIJOE : ADVENTURE TEAM MOVIE ? now thats perfect as american pie.

Action wise Bay would of been great but I think the folly seen in the current Joe movie would be the same in Bay's version. Mixing important characters with lesser known characters and going over the top design's that stray to far from the originals. The first TF movie was great in terms of story, suspense and action, but the character designs are terrible, at some of the action scenes were too fast and convoluted. I think if Bay was involved with GI Joe, he would make the same mistake as the current creating team, he would ok, Heavy Duty instead of Roadblock and he probably would ok the super suits they are wearing.

Can you imagine sommers doing a GIJOE : ADVENTURE TEAM MOVIE ? now thats perfect as american pie.

Some of you may cry blasphemy, especially considering my age, but I am completely unfamiliar with the G.I. Joe: Adventure Team era. My consciousness concerning G.I. Joe began with A Real American Hero.

Some of you may cry blasphemy, especially considering my age, but I am completely unfamiliar with the G.I. Joe: Adventure Team era. My consciousness concerning G.I. Joe began with A Real American Hero.

here friend, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.I._Joe_Adventure_Team arm yourself with knowledge.

Here's what i think, with Bay he'll have exsploions and real live military....BUT! we wouldn't get much of a story... plus it'll be nothing but pervy images crude jokes---and god know what else runs in bay's twisted fucked up head of his.

with sommers atleast he's abled to create SOME kind of story that isn't ##$%$#ed. he makes adventure movies, he tries to make them as fun as possible, with all the sommer bashingi dont see why you all do. i clearly see this guy is a good director. his mummy the first and second were fun and sometimes scare the #$@# out of me (first mummy movie did)

the way i see it its gonna be a entertaining fun film. less dirty jokes makes any movie a better movie. i am confident that sommer's will make this film 'fun' not epic, but 'fun'.

Yeah Because Sommers has such thought provoking movies like Van Helsing and The Mummy :rolleyes:

You can't compare Bay who makes nothing but Blockbuster, highly profitible movies, vs. B sides second rate director Sommers. Take your negetivity about people against Stupid ideas somewhere else. When your positive comments direct negetives at people with different opinons everytime this comes up it gets ##$%$#ed.

Yeah Because Sommers has such thought provoking movies like Van Helsing and The Mummy :rolleyes:

You can't compare Bay who makes nothing but Blockbuster, highly profitible movies, vs. B sides second rate director Sommers. Take your negetivity about people against Stupid ideas somewhere else. When your positive comments direct negetives at people with different opinons everytime this comes up it gets ##$%$#ed.

Well let's see the Mummy made $415 million worldwide, the Mummy returns made $433 million worldwide and Van Helsing made $300 million worldwide and all three figures don't include DVD, Cable and TV. So even if you don't like his movies you can't argue that he makes money.

Action wise Bay would of been great but I think the folly seen in the current Joe movie would be the same in Bay's version. Mixing important characters with lesser known characters and going over the top design's that stray to far from the originals. The first TF movie was great in terms of story, suspense and action, but the character designs are terrible, at some of the action scenes were too fast and convoluted. I think if Bay was involved with GI Joe, he would make the same mistake as the current creating team, he would ok, Heavy Duty instead of Roadblock and he probably would ok the super suits they are wearing.

He might not even shy away from the "international" Joe team, for that matter. His NEST team had British members and Sean Connery's character in The Rock was a British SAS member. The military hardware et al.... would look great, but aside from that, there's nothing that says a Bay-directed G.I. Joe would be really any different from what we're getting, except maybe with some more potty-humor.

Here's what i think, with Bay he'll have exsploions and real live military....BUT! we wouldn't get much of a story... plus it'll be nothing but pervy images crude jokes---and god know what else runs in bay's twisted fucked up head of his.

with sommers atleast he's abled to create SOME kind of story that isn't ##$%$#ed. he makes adventure movies, he tries to make them as fun as possible, with all the sommer bashingi dont see why you all do. i clearly see this guy is a good director. his mummy the first and second were fun and sometimes scare the #$@# out of me (first mummy movie did)

the way i see it its gonna be a entertaining fun film. less dirty jokes makes any movie a better movie. i am confident that sommer's will make this film 'fun' not epic, but 'fun'.

TMNTFAN85, I agree completely my friend. As much as I love Michael Bay's movies, especially the Transformers films, I too feel like too many of today's films suffer from too much crude humor and filth, and Steven Sommers' movies seem to hearken back to alot of those older, good, clean, fun, more family-oriented movies we grew up with. Now when I say family-oriented, that doesn't mean it can't be an awesome, kick-@$$ movie. I just think you can have awesome movies without crude innuendos and overt sexuality all the time.

TMNTFAN85, I agree completely my friend. As much as I love Michael Bay's movies, especially the Transformers films, I too feel like too many of today's films suffer from too much crude humor and filth, and Steven Sommers' movies seem to hearken back to alot of those older, good, clean, fun, more family-oriented movies we grew up with. Now when I say family-oriented, that doesn't mean it can't be an awesome, kick-@$$ movie. I just think you can have awesome movies without crude innuendos and overt sexuality all the time.

i'm glad you see what i mean.

I really enjoyed the nest and other military aspects of TF movies. But like many above didn't appreciate the potty humor. I thought it was at least funny in TF 2 were as in TF some of it felt just awkward and painful to watch ("Sam's happy time" worsened by the fact my name is Sam) However Bad Boys I and 2? great stuff! While sometimes overthe top (especially 2) i always got a Joe vibe from them. However Armageddon... yeck.

It would just be a case of Pros and Cons, overall i think i'd like a bay version better, but it would have flaws to, as would any version of Joe. One thing it is important to remember is Hasbro owns the characters and does have some imput. They may be responsible for a lot of the aspects some of us hate (International team, Hd instead of Roadblock, Sigma Suits) and Bay would have had to have them anyways (if he would take it that way.)

I thought Bay improved a lot from TF 1 to TF 2. The action shots seemed to show more , rather than uber close ups, death had slightly more meaning (Jazz really upset me) and he featured alot of background characters etc. Summers could improve (i don't even like the mummy movies) but it's more than the director here at the heart of the problem. Bad script, some poor actors, and design work. We are going on more than names at this point, we know the basic plot, some of read the movie book, we have seen clips. A lot of us are just not impressed to say the least.