DCUC Wave 10

Joker08

don´t you think the scalper issue could be solved if e-tailers did carry WM exclusive waves, like BBTS, they carried the Target Red Hulk wave and part of the Ares wave. I know it´s a different company (Hasbro) but it demonstrates that exclusive supermarket exclusive are not that, well...exclusive.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it possible to talk to a manager at the toy department and explain what exactly i want and if they can order, i mean seriously they should listen to me cuz the dcuc they have out on their pegs never get sold, so they make more money and i get my joker and possibly manbat if he's as cool as he sounds, win win :P

Yes.

It is possible for you to talk to a manager at the toy department and explain what exactly you want and if they can order.

is it possible to talk to a manager at the toy department and explain what exactly i want and if they can order, i mean seriously they should listen to me cuz the dcuc they have out on their pegs never get sold, so they make more money and i get my joker and possibly manbat if he's as cool as he sounds, win win :P

Manbat is definitely as cool as he sounds. I've got the white one and he's one of the best figures they've made.

It's just that he's like the action figure equivalent of Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk, so I'm not as excited for him as I was when I first saw him.

Nothing much can go wrong in a wave with bat villains and Powergirl! Yeah Powergirl!

OH REALLY! It went wrong the moment it was givin too walmart as an exclusive. No matter how cool the fig is, its not worth a damn if it can't be found in stores. Or maby you got it going on to the point where you don't mind paying $400.00 for a wave of figs @hmmm@

truth

It's just gotten to a point where this line is just all about seeing pictures on the internet.

Wal Mart in Canada only got in series1 and that's it. However, they did managed to be convince to get in DC Infinite Heroes.

The toy department manager can order the DCUC figures however they have no control over what assortment you'll get. My recomendation is to wait until you hear that wave 10 is showing up at California Wal marts then go to your toy dept manager and ask at that moment to order them thereby increasing odds that it wil be a case of wave 10 and not wave 8 or wave 9 or Best of cases.

don´t you think the scalper issue could be solved if e-tailers did carry WM exclusive waves, like BBTS, they carried the Target Red Hulk wave and part of the Ares wave. I know it´s a different company (Hasbro) but it demonstrates that exclusive supermarket exclusive are not that, well...exclusive.

uh.. no. BBTS doesn't "carry" those exclusives as you think. They have toyhunters go out and scavenge their area stores and bring them to BBTS for sale.

As for exclusives. I don't mind them at all... and often times they are a necessity to get more product in our hands

As for exclusives. I don't mind them at all... and often times they are a necessity to get more product in our hands

I don't mind them either ...when we have a fair shot at getting them. I definitely agree we'd never see an Alexander Luthor unless he was a Mattycollector exclusive, but why did Atom have to be a WalMart exclusive? Of for God's sake... the JOKER???? These aren't obsure characters who wouldn't be able to hold there own as a wide release ...and they're fairly essential to a DC collection.

If a whole wave is going to get released to about three Walmarts in Idaho and maybe one more in Malaysia, then I'm going to mind the exclusive.

I don't mind them either ...when we have a fair shot at getting them. I definitely agree we'd never see an Alexander Luthor unless he was a Mattycollector exclusive, but why did Atom have to be a WalMart exclusive? Of for God's sake... the JOKER???? These aren't obsure characters who wouldn't be able to hold there own as a wide release ...and they're fairly essential to a DC collection.

If a whole wave is going to get released to about three Walmarts in Idaho and maybe one more in Malaysia, then I'm going to mind the exclusive.

I would say that the Joker is more than "fairly essential". To the general public, he's the most recognizable villain from comics, rivaled by... no one, I guess. It would obviously be one of the centerpieces of the entire DCUC collection.

BIGDAWG is right on. I'm still steaming a little about half assed job either Mattel or Wal-Mart did with Wave 5. I BLAME THEM BOTH!!!!

It NEVER hit the northern 'burbs of Chicago (a pretty large market), and I'm kicking myself for politely passing WAY BACK WHEN, when another poster offered to sell me a set for $100. This was of course before they started going for $300 to $4000 on Scalperbay.

uh.. no. BBTS doesn't "carry" those exclusives as you think. They have toyhunters go out and scavenge their area stores and bring them to BBTS for sale.

Well, they should keep doing that, their prices where not "scalper" high, IMO. they wer reasonable prices.

well, i never had a problem with my walmart, i had atleast 11 cases of wave 5. I hooked up 7 people on tni with sets. but then again my walmart 5 miles away from the dc. so we get stuff in real fast. does anyone know when these will be released.

The only thing worse than a Walmart exclusive wave is livng in Canada where they don't carry them. Therefore we don't even have an equal chance.

Indeed. I was lucky enough to get a set of wave 5 at cost from a board member, but i'm not sure if i'll have the same luck twice.

The only thing worse than a Walmart exclusive wave is livng in Canada where they don't carry them. Therefore we don't even have an equal chance.
Yea living in Canada sucks!

As in Canadian TRU's got wave 5, 6 and 7.

Yea living in Canada sucks!

As in Canadian TRU's got wave 5, 6 and 7.

Pardon my ignorance, but what's a TRU and how did it get a walmart exclusive wave?

Wave5 was the Wal Mart exclusive wave so we Canadians didn't get wave5 but wave6-7 and the first 2packs.

Are you saying you saw waves 6-7 in canadian walmarts? I should talk to the toy manager at the one close to me and see if they can start rolling in here.

That'll nicely cut the costs in half for me, not to mention provide a shot at wave 10.

• 2 weeks later...
Wave5 was the Wal Mart exclusive wave so we Canadians didn't get wave5 but wave6-7 and the first 2packs.

Are you saying you saw waves 6-7 in canadian walmarts? I should talk to the toy manager at the one close to me and see if they can start rolling in here.

That'll nicely cut the costs in half for me, not to mention provide a shot at wave 10.

Oh no bub, I meant Wal Mart exclusive wave is wave 5. Wave6-7 hit TRU instead of WM