DC Infinite Heroes Review

Newton

So I've been pretty harsh on DCIH throughout but I've always given them credit where it was due. I raved about the Hawkman a while back, but I've yet to actually sit down and do one full review for a DCIH guy and I decided it was time we put the Infinite Heroes line through the paces. How does this guy fair? Well read on over at http://infinitehollywood.blogspot.com/

As always thanks for reading.

3662670807_0320c56212.jpg

This review basically pointed out all the things I suspected or could see were wrong with this line. I really wanted to get on board, but so much was screwed up that I never came around.

I still can't believe the figures they chose for Wave 1. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot...

sorry, but I'm so sick of people lambasting DCIH for what it's not, instead of what it is.

I've always bashed this line for being EXACTLY what it is...

1. Poorly sculpted.

2. Offensively over-priced.

The articulation is limited ...and I'm no fan of Marvel Legends articulation... but the articulation has never been a problem for me. I could live with a basic five or six points of articulation if the sculpt was decent. These things, however, are ugly and expensive. I'm also a big fan of figures who are surprising selections but when half of your introductory wave consists of Adam Strange and Reverse Flash, you're begging to be ignored at retail. This wave STILL haunts the pegs at every Target and TRU I go to.

Crap review.

sorry, but I'm so sick of people lambasting DCIH for what it's not, instead of what it is.

IH schools MU in character selection, but because it doesn't have fifty points of articulation making the damn thing look like a marionette, it's somehow 'bad'.

to hell with that.

Then what is IH?

For me, it's an overpriced line of figures that have poor sculpts. I can't believe a line that debuted in 2008 has legs that bend exactly like the Superpowers line. And those ridiculous gigantic hands are inexcusable.

As for character selection, you don't get points for going with obscure characters if most of them suck and you don't have ANY big guns available to go alongside them until months after the crap figures have peg-warmed. I think MU is overrated and poor in its own right, but IH, for now, is worse (and not because it doesn't have the over-articulation that MU does).

I do not think this line is as bad as some of you are making it. Yes, there are some flaws with the character mix. The first wave should have had more "big guns". There is also the overall lack of accessories. That is one of the nicer points of the Marvel Universe line. All figures have at least one accessory.

I like the fact that these figures are not over-articulated. Compared to the JLU line, IH is just fine. Not everyone likes the freakish looking 37-points-of-articulation that some figures possess. The female figures are a bit lacking in articulation, though.

And for the complaints about the price, Target sells IH figures for $4.99. How is that overpriced? They are selling MU for $7.99.

And for the complaints about the price, Target sells IH figures for $4.99. How is that overpriced?

Because for this caliber of action figure, for 4.99, it had better come accompanied by a cheeseburger, small fries, and a small drink.

What's worse, paying $4.99 for a JLU figure with less articulation that may or may not stand on its own, or a DCIH figure that is much more possible and can stand on its own? I get tired of people always raving about JLU and dissing DCIH when DCIH is superior in many ways.

I wanted to be on board with IH when I first heard about it, but the character designs are just not exciting. It looks like a so-so kids toy, which is fine, but that means it's not meant for me, an adult collector who wants more. I like detailing and a reasonable amount of poseability. T-crotch's are going to be a deal break. I also want a head that tilts back for flying poses. I'm happy for Mattel if the kids are buying the line, but I want more.