DCUC Wave 9 Package Pics

spidermanskrull

I love the subtle "sonic scream" effect on Black Canary's packaging. Very cool. I notices that Mattel did the stars and stripes on Steel, and Vigilante had bullet holes.

Clever, small details on the bubble that really add to the overall packaging! Awesome job, Mattel.

And the way GA is posed is so cool...like he's really shooting those arrows. Top marks!

and flash and kid flash had those also i think

i thought that was a cool touch on mattel's part, makes me want to keep them MOC, hehe!

I love the subtle "sonic scream" effect on Black Canary's packaging. Very cool. I notices that Mattel did the stars and stripes on Steel, and Vigilante had bullet holes.

Clever, small details on the bubble that really add to the overall packaging! Awesome job, Mattel.

And the way GA is posed is so cool...like he's really shooting those arrows. Top marks!

and flash and kid flash had those also i think

i thought that was a cool touch on mattel's part, makes me want to keep them MOC, hehe!

I used to buy two of each figure--one to keep MOC and another to open. However with finances I've been forced to only get one of each. So I was left with the conundrum of what to do. Leave it MOC but unable to build my CnC figure or open it. So I found the perfect solution.

The best way I've found to preserve the DCUC packaging is to take a knife and cut along the bottom of the packaging starting on one of the sides then cutting along the back and then the other side. I don't cut along the front of the bottom so that creates a flap. Then I can pull it back and easily remove the tray containing the figure and the BaF piece. I can then build my CnC figure. I can also take my figure out and display it loose or if I want to display it in package I can just carefully place it back in the tray and slide it back into the package through the opening in the bottom and since I set my carded figures on a shelf the flap isn't seen and the figure is for all intents and purposes looks like it is still MOC.

dumb question;

what is that around black adam's neck? from previous pics i thought it was mantis'.

In the con pics from last year, I believe the story was that whoever set up the display didnt know who it belonged to so they stuck it with the SP Mantis...it was fixed part way through the show and correctly moved to black adam.

That said, I'm not sure what it is, since I havent read much of the books.

that was the modern version which they cancelled

High five on the MJ reply Pooda

yeah...mike's da man! that modern version wouldve beeen nice to have. guess ill be doing my 2nd DCUC/DCSH mod.

wow, great looking figs. arrow,canary,deadshot, they are fantastic. mantis looks cool also. the others are not so my cup of the but i may get them. who is the c&c figure? is he a villain or who is he? sorry guys, i am not so deep into dc to know everyone :P:P:P

wow, great looking figs. arrow,canary,deadshot, they are fantastic. mantis looks cool also. the others are not so my cup of the but i may get them. who is the c&c figure? is he a villain or who is he? sorry guys, i am not so deep into dc to know everyone :P:P:P

Neither am I. I know who everyone is except Mantis (like the variant more robotic one best) Chemo (the C&C fig). Which Mantis is which? Like is it a classic/modern look thing? I only want to get one, but some background might get me to get the winged one instead of the robot looking one.

Who is Chemo?

Who is Chemo?

Chemo first appeared as a villain for the Metal Men, which ties into what's to come next year!

After a couple of appearances fighting the Metal Men, he made the rounds around the DC Universe fighting other super-heroes like Superman.

The last time I'd seen him, Chemo, looking very much like his figure, was dropped like a bomb by a bunch of bad guys on one of DC's fictional cities. I believe it was Bludhaven but I'm not entirely sure.

Chemo is a giant living but brainless accumulation of toxic chemicals within a flexible but translucent ...and nearly indestructible... shell. His touch can have a burning, dissolving effect. Usually, he's turned loose by another villain who uses him as a giant rampaging monster.

If you want to know the histories of the characters, check wikipedia. Regarding the Mantis variants, the more human looking figure is based on his comics appearance. The robotic looking Mantis is based on an old action figure.

If you want to know the histories of the characters, check wikipedia. Regarding the Mantis variants, the more human looking figure is based on his comics appearance. The robotic looking Mantis is based on an old action figure.

Too lazy today to check wiki (it was freakin 100 degrees today).

Thanks for the Mantis info. I'll probably get the comic version.

I still would've preferred the modern Guardian that we saw earlier. This one looks a bit stark.

I think he's too stark, and that's why I still feel like Guardian is almost too obscure to get a figure.

I guess it just comes down to preference. For me, if I don't have an attachment to a figure, as long as he looks really cool I'm in favor of a figure. But this Guardian is just too plain, and there's little that's exceptional about him.

I still would've preferred the modern Guardian that we saw earlier. This one looks a bit stark.

I think he's too stark, and that's why I still feel like Guardian is almost too obscure to get a figure.

I guess it just comes down to preference. For me, if I don't have an attachment to a figure, as long as he looks really cool I'm in favor of a figure. But this Guardian is just too plain, and there's little that's exceptional about him.

he's the gaurdian. he looks like he did in the books, and i hope we get a gangbuster fig soon!

lol what does that have to do with typing a little on your computer

hehe! hey, maybe he was outside working. love that wikipedia!

My brain was boiling. Reading hard when so hot.

My brain was boiling. Reading hard when so hot.

lol true true, btw when do you guys suppose wave 9 is coming out? wich online stores will have em, i like ordering from Entertainment Earth but they don't have green arrow sold by it's self but instead they're selling lots of figures together