Whats the best Optimus Prime?

Ok, so growing up in the 80's, I was never really into Transformers all that much. I remember watching the show and even having a figure or two, but not much else. After the first movie came out, I saw it and was impressed and, ofcoarse, it got me thinking about the action figures but I never got any. So now that the second movie is coming around, I don't want to miss my chance at getting a good figure. Basically, I am thinking about buying an Optimus Prime to go along with my current collection of figures, but I want to get a good one. I've seen a few different ones out there, but what I really want is a highly detailed OP that would look nice by the MOTUC, ML, and DCUC.

Can anyone here recommend an OP for me to get?

Ok, so growing up in the 80's, I was never really into Transformers all that much. I remember watching the show and even having a figure or two, but not much else. After the first movie came out, I saw it and was impressed and, ofcoarse, it got me thinking about the action figures but I never got any. So now that the second movie is coming around, I don't want to miss my chance at getting a good figure. Basically, I am thinking about buying an Optimus Prime to go along with my current collection of figures, but I want to get a good one. I've seen a few different ones out there, but what I really want is a highly detailed OP that would look nice by the MOTUC, ML, and DCUC.

Can anyone here recommend an OP for me to get?

For me it's the classics (from 07) and Cybertron Animated versions....

For g1 style

Takara MP op all the way

Or

takara Robot heroes optimus prime

Beast machines (released under the RID line) Air attack optimus prime , another worthy figure :D

Anything else is just a mater of taste :D Each toon after g1 has its own unique & at least one cool/great optimus figure in the line

I don't think anyone mentioned him here but they did a big Prime that looked like the G1 Prime a few years back. He was available at retail for around $60 (???) Came with a gun, energy ax, and Megatron in gun mode. I've got him and ROTF Leader Prime and they're both awesome.

Some day I'll buy me a vintage G1 version, then I'll be good on OP forever.

I don't think anyone mentioned him here but they did a big Prime that looked like the G1 Prime a few years back. He was available at retail for around $60 (???) Came with a gun, energy ax, and Megatron in gun mode. I've got him and ROTF Leader Prime and they're both awesome.

That was the Masterpiece Prime. In the US it was just the "20th Anniversary Prime" which was the same toy but with shorter smokestacks. Later, if I recall right, they did him out of plastic (the original was diecast).

I'd hardly call the hasbro prime a MP :S

Why not? They're the same toy other than smokestacks and battle damage.

Voyager Animated Prime is awesome, as are mp/anniv, classics, and cybertron. Also, get yourself a rid scourge (g2 laserprime w/ a much better color scheme).

You just stated the reasons you're self, as far as I am concerned the smokestacks & CRA* felt marker "battle" damage are the very same reasons why it does not deserve to be called a MP. Why buy hasbros when I can buy a true MP with out the flaws? :P

Thanks for all your input guys, I've looked at your suggestions and I am leaning twards this:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByCat...=24097&PG=1

Anyone here have pics of him or know how tall he is?

You cant go wrong with that selection... Keep in mind I am not a big fan of movie design... But I was very impressed with this figure...

That was the Masterpiece Prime. In the US it was just the "20th Anniversary Prime" which was the same toy but with shorter smokestacks. Later, if I recall right, they did him out of plastic (the original was diecast).

Actually, Prime was never made out of complete plastic; the one you are thinkin about also had metal parts like the original. The toy was bright red, which I would assume you believed why he was plastic.

Actually, Prime was never made out of complete plastic; the one you are thinkin about also had metal parts like the original. The toy was bright red, which I would assume you believed why he was plastic.

Well, actually, it was news reports online. I already had the original 20th so I never bothered with the rerelease (especially since the voice sucked) and most reports online had him as going plastic.

Well, actually, it was news reports online. I already had the original 20th so I never bothered with the rerelease (especially since the voice sucked) and most reports online had him as going plastic.

Well, actually they are fortunately wrong since l got a few when they were priced at 18. I can snap some pics of mines with paint chips if you don't believe me.

I remember something about the one that was released with the base this past November being all plastic. Could be wrong though.

Now that you mentioned it I think before it was released it was rumored to be all plastic because the chrome parts weren't chrome; the rumor was debunked once the fig came out. ONe of the reasons the rumor was spread is because the fig was priced as the original Hasbro ver yet it has the extra base, so ppl believed that Hasbro cut the quality of the toy to include the base.

I have the actual toy in hand which l can confirm that he isn't all plastic. I will snap images of him and my japanese convoy for comparsion pics so that you guys can see that the dvd ver is metal.

IMG_0001x.jpg

The left is the dvd hasbro toy and the right is the japanese one

IMG.jpg

p.jpg

prime.jpg

If you look at the leg and chest section of the dvd ver, one can make out the metal parts that are shown from the paint chips.

As for the base, it is not bad a people make it out to be. Sure, the voice is not the original voice, but when compared to the other older US Optimus Prime figs with a voice pack like the G2 and the RID versions (both are also not performed by the real voice actor), it sounds a lot better as in it is clearer. Aside from that, the base doesn'treally take away from the bigger toy, so if one doesn't like it, he/she can just put it in the drawer or don't press the voice button.

Well, actually they are fortunately wrong since l got a few when they were priced at 18. I can snap some pics of mines with paint chips if you don't believe me.

wow! i think i remember when they were just under 20, that's an awesome bargain these days! glad i got one for cheap too!