GIJoe Rise of Cobra trailer booed at Transformers ROTF

JayC

enjoyed the TF movie personally, for an action movie not bad plus I never paid attention to the toys and cartoon

Didn't get any boos at all for Joe in fact I heard a number of people in the theater comment about wanting to see it, 3 or 4 were adults and 2 were kids so its not like the love was one sided for a younger crowd either

The boos came from the same people who sit on the internet and all day and gump about the movie in their spare time anyway. NOT from anyone who was a casual movie goer. Guaranteed. Nothing to be over analyzed.

Bingo!

The first time i saw a trailer for it (at trek) the audience was quiet. No one seemed to care. This past time at TF2 I heard boos and stuff like "look, it's robocop" and "that's not my Joe." and just in case anyone asks, i was silent :)

Pfft, that doesn't mean anything. I recall more than a few snickers and mocking of the first TF film after a group saw the initial teaser (the Mars Rover one).

It was mocked because a LOT of people think mocking is funny or cool. But I'll bet real money just about all of the ones that said that will see the movie within the first week.

When I saw I saw RotF for the second time (yes, I actually sat through it twice, dang sister wanted someone to go with her...), we were near a young child who responded quite well to the GI Joe trailer (loved the TF film as well, he liked them robots!).

My feeling is the Joe film will basically be a "Transformers in miniature", ie, critics and fans will tear it apart, but the kids and mass market will respond well to it and more than a few toys will be sold.

So..you can complain about the new joe movie online, but not in public? Gotcha. :P

I remain (somewhat) hopeful for the joe movie (joe was my first toy love after all, but transformers has taken over that top spot for years now), but I really don't see it doing very well. Hopefully I'm wrong and it'll be great and we'll see a resurgence of gijoe.

So..you can complain about the new joe movie online, but not in public? Gotcha. :P

I remain (somewhat) hopeful for the joe movie (joe was my first toy love after all, but transformers has taken over that top spot for years now), but I really don't see it doing very well. Hopefully I'm wrong and it'll be great and we'll see a resurgence of gijoe.

you and me both brother.

you and me both brother.

It depends on who defines "doing well". ROTF is the perfect example. "Professional" :rolleyes: critics gave it terrible reviews (Rottontomatoes had, what, 20%?) yet the AUDIENCES are pushing it towards the $400 mil mark (if they havne't already). Fans, however, either like it or hate it. Not much middle man, but it seems more are positive then negative at least.

I think more people will end up liking G.I. Joe once they see it then perhaps will admit too lol. General attitude towards the movie seems to be either slightly south of positive or "wait and see". People just have to remember that this is NOT "your daddy's G.I. Joe" and be willing to be open minded.