GIJoe Rise of Cobra trailer booed at Transformers ROTF

JayC

So I was at a midnight showing of Transformers Revenge of the Fallen last night were they showed trailers for GIJoe and next years Airbender. The crowd cheered at the Airbender trailer but was silent or even some boos when the GIJoe one came on. Not sure how telling that is for how GIJoe will do but just thought it was an interesting reaction.

I stopped worrying about reactions at the trailers. Especially since it was a group obviously into TFs showing up for a midnight show.

There is animosity, for some reason, between the two groups.

I think the timing of the movie might work out well. It is still summer, but late enough that the bigger ones will have been out long enough to be smaller audiences.

All I have to say is:

Coming July 2011....

GI Joe vs. Transformers!

I mean, the way GI Joe looks all Sigma 6 with the Battle Suits I am thinking the kick @ss synergy would be the blockbuster of all block busters.

I wonder if any G.I.Joe fans were childish enough to BOO at Transformer previews, even back when the first one came out?

I would think anything to do with that era of someone's childhood (1980's..G.I.Joe, Transformers, TMNT etc..) would create a bit of nostalgic excitement regardless of persoanl preference? @hmmm@

That must have been either a hardcore group of immature Transformer fans, who like to rip on G.I.Joe (like they're the competition or something?) or some hardcore G.I.Joe fans seeing a TF movie and hating the looks of the new Joe movie?

Im sure Not All Audiences will Give that reaction. This audience was at a prescreening and likely filled with diehards. Its a simple fact some TF fans dont like Gijoe and Vice versa. I for one like both and cheered one both trailers came on last time. I will see Tf tonight. And i will see the Joe movie on opening day too. I will Save my rants and applause for then.

Seems like just yesterday we were getting the first looks at what the first TF movie was going to look like and people hated it. even after the first movie came out it caught a lot of heck. Now the second one is out and people are so excited . I think the Joe movie might be the same way. "Hardcore Fans" might hate it but people in general will like it. I guess we'll know soon enough.

Haha I'm a fan of both & I dislike both movie versions. @grumpy@

i 2nd that the joe movie sucks and the Tf movies are not Tf they look like crap. I will say the Tf movie is a good action flick. unlike the joe will be. they really screwed the pooch on this one.

i'm looking forward to the joe movie, eventhough it's not quite the joe's i remember from childhood. i believe as long as they keep the joe essence in there, it will be entertainging. i also dont understand why there is such compatition between the two lines. i loved and still love both joe and TF. they are both very cool for their individual reasons.

Most trailers at my theater get no real reaction at all. G.I. Joe included. The last time I remember anyone particularly reacting to a trailer here was the very first "teaser" for the recent Star Trek film (The one that showed glimpses of the Enterprise being built). That got some pretty hearty cheering and clapping.

for me and st My Theater, no-one boo'd at GI Joe , but alot of people Boo'd at the new Twilight movie .

The guys booed/gave the finger at my theater, but the chics weres screaming

booed at the Twilight trailer or the Joe trailer?

I am not against the Twilight films... in fact I can dig the story/plotline alot.

However, the execution of said story was really poor. I mean, that movie sucked big time... really bad acting and special effects

The first time i saw a trailer for it (at trek) the audience was quiet. No one seemed to care. This past time at TF2 I heard boos and stuff like "look, it's robocop" and "that's not my Joe." and just in case anyone asks, i was silent :)

What does all this mean? that a chunk of people aren't pleased with the new movie, or are not excited about it, and i think we mostly know that. Even if you like it i don't see anyone claiming it's going to be as big as transformers.

As for the TF2 that's another thread but it confuses me. I had some of the same complaints about the last tf movie, but i felt this one was much tighter storywise, and the bots got more actions. I really enjoyed it this time around.