Series 8 ?

JeffreyA

So what has happen to series 8 I haven't seen any of them in stores yet. I though they where coming out this month any clues of what's going on?

It seems like we just had a thread on this, but...

1. It's still early for Wave 8 to have circulated everywhere.

2. Never believe release dates... especially when its from Mattel... and especially ESPECIALLY when its about DCUC. The only one worse about release dates seems to be Diamond about its Star Trek line.

3. Most retailers have their pegs clogged with remnants of Wave 4 and a lot of Wave 7. Those World's Greatest Super Heroes aren't helping things either.

4. It's not unusual for multiple waves to be out there simultaneously. I collected Waves 6 and 7 at the same time.

I gave up on ever getting these at retail stores like Wal-mart and picked them up at my local comic shop. So thankfully I'm done with wave 8. TRU hasn't gotten in any DCUC since Xmas with the 2-packs. My Walmarts overstocked wave 6 and refresher cases months ago and they are still plentiful. My strategy is to get waves 8 and 9 at my local comic shop in the hope that the current DCUC figures warming pegs at my Wal-Marts sell out right when wave 10 starts coming in guaranteeing that will be the assortment they get in.

The last thing I want is my walmarts to sell out of the stuff they have now and get in waves 8/9 and they don't move preventing wave 10 from being ordered.

My guess is it works something like this:

-Release date: within a week, items ship to retailer warehouses (or directly to retailers depending on the size of said retailer)

-Retailer warehouses (walmart, target, tru) receive

-Retailer warehouses hold product and release as retailer stores run out of current product (or don't send because items don't sell well in that area...or whatever the F the reason is my walmarts get no dcuc); This is the long part and why some areas get it before others and why some stores get nothing at all.

Occasionally, some product breaks this rule and get shipped so they can be on the shelves on a specific day (that's what it seemed like for Marvel U figs at least).

Thanks all. I can see what you mean about peg warmers. It seems like my Wal-Mart and Toys R Us where I work has alot of Capt. Cold's and Firestorm's (Ronnie). The other day when I was at Wal I did see a series 6 Superman red/blue there to bad I already got him. Hawkgirl is the only one from 8 I want to get.

I cheated I ordered mine from Big Bad Toy Store. I'm tired of trying to find these figures at retail. @grumpy@

like what I posted on an earlier thread. it was inevitable that these Wave will be delayed because of the peg warmers Capt Cold and Kid Flash. And they keep on bringing WGSH figures. Just go with Cornerstore. I got mine thru them. pretty decent price too almost the same as retail.

The wait is starting to get ridiculous. I mean I'm glad I ordered from E-Bay instead but yesterday all I saw at TRU was more Wave 7 stuff out in force. At least two shelves worth of stuff almost overflowing. And surprised those were even on sale too!

Even my speciality shop (well 50 miles away) is usually very good about beating the brick and mortar stores to the punch. But as of yesterday, they still haven't gotten any in. Yet some how Entertainment Earth has them in stock for a few weeks now. Usually as the cases ship first to them, you can gauge that the retail sighting is very close.

There weren't even any at WW yesterday. All I saw were loads of waves 6 & 7. This pretty much confirms there hasn't been a widespread release of these. If anyone would have them right now, it would scalpers at a convention.

like what I posted on an earlier thread. it was inevitable that these Wave will be delayed because of the peg warmers Capt Cold and Kid Flash. And they keep on bringing WGSH figures. Just go with Cornerstore. I got mine thru them. pretty decent price too almost the same as retail.

No offense to you,but I wouldn't advise anyone to go to Cornerstore comics,many peole have had there credit card info stolen from them,there is whole thread on the fwoosh,happened to the same people more than once on cards they only used at Cornerstore,go with enchanted toychest same if not better prices and great shipping.

There weren't even any at WW yesterday. All I saw were loads of waves 6 & 7. This pretty much confirms there hasn't been a widespread release of these. If anyone would have them right now, it would scalpers at a convention.

I saw them on Friday and Sunday (didn't go Saturday), but I wasn't going to pay 20$ - 30$ for them.

jiM

No offense to you,but I wouldn't advise anyone to go to Cornerstore comics,many peole have had there credit card info stolen from them,there is whole thread on the fwoosh,happened to the same people more than once on cards they only used at Cornerstore,go with enchanted toychest same if not better prices and great shipping.

BBTS is always my first choice for online stores.

It's too bad retailers and manufacturers can't get together and have a set release date for these things. I'm talking about something more definite than "July-August" or "Late Fall." We all know new comics arrive every Wednesday. If toys could do something similar it would help both the sellers and the buyers.

What's happening now is these toys are first of all usually released much later than anyone predicts. When Mattel says, "Wave 9 will be out in July" I'm not even listening. I know it'll be at least a month more before they start turning up in Malaysia, about three months before they're sighted in UFO-like fashion in remote areas of the US, and then about six months before I start seeing them in my area.

I'm guessing a good chunk of the market for these figures has had it and is just ordering them on-line. Then when these things start getting sighted around the country, another good chunk that might've bought them at retail starts to get antsy and turns to on-line retailers and e-Bay. Let's face it. Wave 5 traumatized us all. Patience is usually the name of the game with this line but we all know that at any time Mattel can announce, "You're looking for Wave X? Well, that's it for that wave. We're onto Wave X.5. Blame the retailers for not ordering enough of Wave X."

By the time these things start hitting the stores in full force, most of the market for these things probably has them and so you get peg warmers like Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Captain Cold and Kid Flash. In my area, Target still has the scraps of Wave 4. Toys R Us, if they have anything other than mountains of unsellable Infinite Heroes sets, will have a couple of Catain Colds and Kid Flashes. None of the Walmarts in my area have EVER carried any DCUC making me very worried about the upcoming Wave 10!

true, i heard some issues about the credit card info being stolen. im glad i always use Paypal. didn't have any problems so far though.

At my work (Toys R Us) we still have 3 Capt. Cold, 1 (Ronnie) Firestorm and 2 blue Aquaman's,Wal-Mart it's about the same but no Aquaman and 1 blue/red Superman from wave 6, Target Cyborg, Dr. Inporter [ms] that's it.

It's still WAY to early for Wave 8 at retail.

If you're not getting these things on e-bay or from an online store, you really have to have patience and play a long session of the waiting game.

C'mon, People! Did everyone here start collecting this line yesterday? Don't get antsy just because we've been shown carded pics of Wave 9. Believe me! Unless Matty really does make these available through their store, we won't see Wave 9 in a store until AT LEAST the Fall!

Last I read, wave 8 was said to hit at the end of June. I don't remember where I read that, or how trustworthy the source was - it was a while ago. More than likely, it might have been in a Q&A session, which would lend some credence to it, but again, no solid evidence of that.

However, it is now fast approaching the end of June, so if that source was legit, we should be seeing them any day now. (Well, wherever the new-toy-ripple starts should be, anyway...)

We had from mattys facebook page info saying that wave 8 was at retail sometime the middle of last month or the frist week of the month we are in now that why people are wondering what the hell is goings on. mattel told us that wave 8 was at retail

I went to my Wal-mart and the toy manager said that the warehouse won't send anymore DCUC until the ones on the peg sale through and that even if they did sale through at the earliest she would get in any would be August after the fall toy reset. That's fine with me since I'm trying to get her to order them when the walmart wave 10 set is coming out.

I blame it all on Mattel and their rediculous case assortments.

MATTEL DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO PICK AN ASSORTMENT!

They killed the new MOTU line by screwing over people who wanted to buy all the figures, and they are working hard to kill DCUC as well.

How? we already knew they had a hard time getting their products out. But since wave 7(a) came out, it has been a disaster.

Wave 7(a) came out a LONG time ago, like almost 5 months ago. Then they followed wave 7(a) with a best of case filled with a bunch of figures nobody needed! Wave 7(B) came out about 4 months ago (I know because I have a receipt that expired a couple weeks ago).

and since then.... nothing at retail.

I can't blame retailers either because they don't have a lot of product sitting on the shelves here. I go to Walmart or TRU and they have a few DCUC figures on the shelves, mostly Captain Cold, Kid Flash, Big Barda, and blue Aquaman.

They didn't need to produce two different case assortments for wave 7, all it did was screw us over by making us wait for the figures we wanted and put extra figures on the shelves that we didnt want (which are now getting in the way of wave 8).

Do one case assortment that has every figure in it, maybe some variants, and doubles of some big names if need be.