Brian Austin Green Joins Smallville (Spoilers?)

Bespin refugee

I'm starting to get the sinking feeling that instead of makeing this last season absolutly stellar.........there gonna feed us a bunch of run of the mill filler eps until the widdle down to the last month of the show. where out of no where comes this big ass plot and bring everthing to a head.

Man i just want them to hurry up and gimme some Justice League!

I'm not sure what to think about this. I haven't seen the guy do anything since 90210, which I didn't watch. I actually didn't even know he was still acting.

The idea of Metallo seems kind of cool and better than the Zod thing again. I guess we'll be seeing both.

this,personally,was one of the best seasons to date,it was the finale that ruined it for me,now,if they could duplicate that last season's awesomeness and give it a good finale,then I'll be happy.Also,does anyone think the Cw may try to kick Smallville to the curb,because the move to Friday is never a good omen. :(

wasn't he acting on the Sarah Connor terminator show?

if he does a good job, I won't have a problem looking past 90210 (I actually used to watch that @lol@ )

I'm glad to hear he's still acting, especially on something fantasy-based like Terminator.

Also,does anyone think the Cw may try to kick Smallville to the curb,because the move to Friday is never a good omen. :(

Well, this season (Season 8) was supposed to be the last, but the CW picked it up for one more after the ratings were pretty good. I think the CW and most other people are thinking Season 9 will be the end of the show. That's why they moved it to Friday after all these years of being on Thursday.

And even if they weren't planning on Season 9 being the end, moving to Friday pretty much seems like a death sentence (though I think the competition will be less than Thursday nights with Bones and some other shows remaining there)

Funny thing is, word is Welling signed for not one, but TWO more seasons. According to KryptonSite. Maybe that's just wishful thinking on the producers' part, but there could be a 10th season in the future. I mean, wouldn't they have to pay Welling anyway if the series ended with 9? Is that how contracts work?

I'm not sure, Ares. I would guess it's sort of like an option thing that only kicks in if there's an actual show. I think he's just committed to a 10th if there happens to be one.

I think getting Tom Welling was the key factor for picking up a 9th season. Obviously without him, there's no show, so when he signed on and the ratings were decent, that meant a green light. I sorta ignored that fact in my post above about why it got another season. :wacko::D

I've been watching Season 1 reruns on HDNet some recently, and I'm always reminded of how it was such a different show back then. It's still good now, but it's good for different reasons. Heading into the 9th season, I wish they'd had a better plan to go from then to now. But it's too late for that. Hopefully Metallo is cool.

I think he meant that at least he is known for something besides 90210. Which is true - I'd have hated to be him with only that bit under my belt!

Hey, you can't forget about his rap career. Surely that put him on the map as much as 90210. ;)

I forgot to mention the one thing I don't like about this: as a human, Metallo is working at the Daily Planet with Clark and Lois.

I've got $100 that says there will be some kind of drama between Metallo, Lois, and Clark (jealousy, mistrust from Clark, Lois going for the wrong guy again, Lois being unable to see Metallo's true nature, etc.). In other words, more of the same old stuff that's been done ad nauseum on Smallville.

I really hope they will show the robot part of metallo,instead of just some guy with a kryptonite heart.also,do any of you smallville watchers catch supernatural afterwards?

My guess is to save budget money, they'll likely show him as a human almost all the time.