J'onn J'onnz-Martian Manhunter

Boston Brand-Deadman

Terra Markov-Terra

Wesley Dodds-Golden Age Sandman

Jenny-Lynn Hayden-Jade

Arthur Curry-Aquaman

Johnathan Kent

Bruce Wayne-Batman

Well, Earth-2 Superman and Martian Manhunter were already revealed as Black Lanterns in the DC Direct line of Blackest Night action figures and I saw a teaser image of Arthur Curry but it wasn't fully revealed it was more like a shadow. So the question is who will they reveal next?

After months and months of Color-Of-The-Month Lanterns in the Green Lantern book (Doesn't Hal ever fight Dr. Polaris or stop a bank robbery anymore?) the novelty of this story has been completely drained. That, and this completely reeks of Marvel Zombies.

The only good that I can see coming out of this over-blown, over-hyped pap is the undoing of stupid deaths that should never have happened to begin with.

The only thing I can't see coming back from the dead is the comics medium itself!

I can't believe how many significant characters have been killed off over the years in DC.

There aren't a bunch of "second edition" heroes running around the Marvel universe (not that that makes it better or worse).

I can't believe how many significant characters have been killed off over the years in DC.

Yeah. They have run out of ideas, haven't they?

I remember the days when if they weren't using a character, that character just lay dormant until someone came up with a good idea for that character.

Now you get: "Hey! We haven't used Wild Dog in a while. Let's kill 'im."

i thought dc said ted kord was alive he was in the shadows of a beetle comic and he was at the end of the booster gold blue and gold arc.

Supposedly he is still alive, but remember now that image that Spidermanskrull posted shows Blackhand thinking of potential Black Lanterns. To the DC Universe Ted Kord is still dead nobody knows that he survived the time change.

After months and months of Color-Of-The-Month Lanterns in the Green Lantern book (Doesn't Hal ever fight Dr. Polaris or stop a bank robbery anymore?) the novelty of this story has been completely drained. That, and this completely reeks of Marvel Zombies.

The only good that I can see coming out of this over-blown, over-hyped pap is the undoing of stupid deaths that should never have happened to begin with.

The only thing I can't see coming back from the dead is the comics medium itself!

You sound like a complete dolt! You are probably not even a true GL fan, just ranting about nothing and how can you relate the suck ass Marvel Zombies series to Blackest Night, you sound like a marvel fan who is trying to tie in one of the stupidest marvel books to the most popular titles in comics today. This has been the best thing since DOTNG in comics....The book weaves in and out like a fantastic novel and creates a fantastic history, its some of the best storytelling ever!

i thought dc said ted kord was alive he was in the shadows of a beetle comic and he was at the end of the booster gold blue and gold arc.

Supposedly he is still alive, but remember now that image that Spidermanskrull posted shows Blackhand thinking of potential Black Lanterns. To the DC Universe Ted Kord is still dead nobody knows that he survived the time change.

okay point taken, the black lanterns sound cool but its gonna end up being a never ending thing new people are killed all the time to make room for new characters hell how bout he just brings in the Krytonians bring em to earth and start a war. I would rather see Superman fight his parents than see Earth-2 Superman.

okay point taken, the black lanterns sound cool but its gonna end up being a never ending thing new people are killed all the time to make room for new characters hell how bout he just brings in the Krytonians bring em to earth and start a war. I would rather see Superman fight his parents than see Earth-2 Superman.

Hmmm now there's a thought... Blackhand resurrecting all the dead Krptonians that died when Krypton was destroyed... I can see it now...

Dead Krypton VS New Krypton VS Earth...

...death of characters as a story driving mechanism is here to stay in comics now.

Probably. I'm just not sure if comics are here to stay!

Not sure I can agree with that...thats like saying there wont be any regular books made. Comics are going to be around for a long time to come.

....The book weaves in and out like a fantastic novel and creates a fantastic history, its some of the best storytelling ever!

Wow! You clearly need to read more ...and I'm talking BOOKS not just comics!

I've been reading comics for thirty years now and many of those years were full of Green Lantern comics. I've been reading Johns' Green Lantern from the beginning. While the book started out with some promise, for the past year or so, it's been meandering from one Color-Of The Month Lantern to the next.

This book peaked with the Sinestro War which deserves credit for being concise and EASY TO FOLLOW! It was in GL and the rudderless filler-book, Green Lantern Corps. In an all too rare attribute for one of these large event stories, each book could be read independently of the other and you still had a satisfactory story. Sinestro War culminated in GL #25. The last issue of GL I read was #41. In between, here's what we've had...

1) Right on the heels of the Sinestro War, we had THE ALPHA LANTERNS. The Guardians form an Internal Affairs division of the GLC. After the cosmic scale of the Sinestro War, it would've been good to have given Hal some "Earth Time," and after dealing with "Yellow Lanterns" for about a dozen issues, it's a bit too soon for Alpha Lanterns. Still, this story was about two issues so it wasn't TOO bad.

2) Immediately after the Alpha Lanterns we go into a whopping, overblown SEVEN ISSUE retelling of Hal Jordan's origin. A lot of details were inflated into a story that originally took about eight pages to tell. Most of these details will probably be thrown out the window by the next writer to tackle GL's origin. Along the way, Hector Hammond and Blackhand's origins are squeezed in as set up for the Red Lantern storyline and the Black Lantern storyline. New GL villain Atrocitus is introduced which takes us directly into...

3) ...THE RAGE OF THE RED LANTERNS. It's too soon after the Yellow Lanterns to be hit with Red Lanterns but here they are. Most of this story involves a whole lot of bleeding from the mouth and vomiting. Seriously! Plus we begin a dull pattern that will be repeated in almost every subsequent issue where Hal flies to an uninteresting alien world (They all basically look the same.) He trades bright lights with a ring wielder of another color. Finally he flies off or is transported by yet another ring bearer of yet another color. You just have the basic out line for about eight consecutive issues.

4) The RED LANTERNS are followed by the BLUE LANTERNS. Okay. This is getting redundant and a little stupid. More bright lights are trades on other dull planets.

5) Johns must've watched The Lord Of The Rings and felt that Gollum would make a great new GL villain because that's exactly what he gives us with Larfleeze. Again, Hal Jordan is sent to the a$$ end of space where he meets yet another bearer of a magic ring of yet another color. This time its AGENT ORANGE! As long as Johns has that Crayola set of 64 crayons, he'll never run out of ideas. By this point, the book is creaking and old. Hints of the upcoming BLACK LANTERN storyline are unwelcome. By this point, a Lantern of another color is hardly fresh. Whatever may have been fresh about this has been stamped out by the obvious comparisons with Marvel Zombies and the last FOUR storylines of this very book.

I won't call this a bad book just yet but it's definitely losing me fast.

Comics are going to be around for a long time to come.

If by a long time you mean five to ten years, I'll probably agree with that. I doubt they'll see twenty.

The day they stop printing them is the day I stop reading (meaning, i won't read digital copies; tried it and it's just not the same). Same goes for books. I just can't read for very long if it's on a screen instead of paper.

The day they stop printing them is the day I stop reading (meaning, i won't read digital copies; tried it and it's just not the same). Same goes for books. I just can't read for very long if it's on a screen instead of paper.

Well, if comics keep getting worse in terms of writing and art, I'll probably be out long before digital comics become widely used, but I understand your point and I'm with you.

Well, if comics keep getting worse in terms of writing and art, I'll probably be out long before digital comics become widely used, but I understand your point and I'm with you.

I'm not sure what you read now. You refuse to read comics over things you didn't like that happened years ago (damian in Batman).