Alexander Luthor and Ultraman

The+Hitman

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure these will be back up, because yesterday at 11:55 Mattycollector was not letting incoming traffic come in. They will hopefully start to stagger their exclusives so those of us who don't collect MOTUC won't get shut out of DCUC sales when they start.

I received my set today and the still photos don't do them justice. I was rather lukewarm towards them but now that I have them in person I really like them. I recommend anyone sitting on the fence to get them when they come back into stock.

The paint applications are very good and no parts problems.

got mine today........ not to impressed. Luther sucks........ no neck! WTF!!! Just crappy pair of characters to put out and not exacuted well imo either. Hordak on the other hand is beautiful!!

Draven

got mine today........ not to impressed. Luther sucks........ no neck! WTF!!! Just crappy pair of characters to put out and not exacuted well imo either. Hordak on the other hand is beautiful!!

Draven

Got my sets today also, so very unimpressed, they should of released the modern version of Ultraman, actually I like Luthor better. They really need to set up their game when it comes to MC exclusives, oh and yes Hordak is FANNN TASTIC

Here is the better versions of Ultraman

this one is ok, better than the silly one we have

200px-Ultraman_young_e3_new.jpg

this is my favorite version

Ultramanburns.jpg

Ultramanburns.jpg

Ya I like that one two.I don´t like the first one, cause it screams Superman too much. I like the second one, but not with the superman shield hint, looks more like another version of superman than a dark version.

How is the chest insignia/plate on Ultraman? Is looks kind of fake/mediocre on the picture.

I felt the same way when I saw the pics. The raised "U" looked odd and clumsy. I received my figures yesterday and I like them both very much. The raised "U" doesn't bother me. I should say that I prefer this costume over those later, less interesting, less distinct designs. I hope if we ever get other opportunities for other Crime Syndicate members that we get their classic Mike Sekowsky designs. Give me Power Ring and Owlman especially!

Luthor is also very nice with a beautifully detailed head. Someone mentioned a lack of a neck. With the chestpiece in place, this isn't really a problem. He looks just fine. Oddly enough, on the box pic, he does have a longer neck that I'm not sure would've worked. I could hear it now... "Giraffe Luthor."

Both figures look great and are highly recommended.

I like these two packs from Matty as an avenue for getting these longshot characters out to us. I'd like to see a 70's purple and green suited Luthor and a TRUE Bizarro. Both could be done almost entirely from existing parts. Only Bizarro would really need a new head.

Come on, Mattel. Make Da Big Dawg happy!

How is the chest insignia/plate on Ultraman? Is looks kind of fake/mediocre on the picture.

I felt the same way when I saw the pics. The raised "U" looked odd and clumsy. I received my figures yesterday and I like them both very much. The raised "U" doesn't bother me. I should say that I prefer this costume over those later, less interesting, less distinct designs. I hope if we ever get other opportunities for other Crime Syndicate members that we get their classic Mike Sekowsky designs. Give me Power Ring and Owlman especially!

Luthor is also very nice with a beautifully detailed head. Someone mentioned a lack of a neck. With the chestpiece in place, this isn't really a problem. He looks just fine. Oddly enough, on the box pic, he does have a longer neck that I'm not sure would've worked. I could hear it now... "Giraffe Luthor."

Both figures look great and are highly recommended.

I like these two packs from Matty as an avenue for getting these longshot characters out to us. I'd like to see a 70's purple and green suited Luthor and a TRUE Bizarro. Both could be done almost entirely from existing parts. Only Bizarro would really need a new head.

Come on, Mattel. Make Da Big Dawg happy!

i agree regarding the Bizzarro, I dont care for the DCSH version, he looks like a Gorilla

I bet it's a scam. I bet they only offered like 10 pieces of the new 2 pack just so they could say they sold out, making everyone think they're a hot item and thereby boost future sales. The symbol on Ultraman looks odd and clunky,limiting my interest in getting him.

hey!...no one wants to hear this crap! where the hell are the pics?! this is TNI....we show pics 'round here! (i knew i shouldve bought the set...then we'd have some pics.)

i agree regarding the Bizzarro, I dont care for the DCSH version, he looks like a Gorilla

My Bizarro minimate looks better among my DCUC collection than that Downs addled DCSH version!

You just CAN'T mix these two lines. It's like Da Big Dawg barks at his friends all the time, 'Be first rate! SEGREGATE!"

My Bizarro minimate looks better among my DCUC collection than that Downs addled DCSH version!

You just CAN'T mix these two lines. It's like Da Big Dawg barks at his friends all the time, 'Be first rate! SEGREGATE!"

isnt bizzarro's dumb a$$ supposed to look like a backwards man? damn, you guys nit-pik at everything.

I agree that we definitely need a DCUC version of Bizarro. I didn't pick up the DCSH version because I thought it was a terribly done figure. Same goes for Catwoman. Now there are some DCSH figures like Mongul, Azrael, Batgirl, Clayface that are perfect and fit nicely into the DCUC.

I like the DCSH Bizarro figure, especially the second release that came on the purple card. I prefer the tough-guy, angry Bizarro look to the dumb-guy, aloof Bizarro look.

I like the DCSH Bizarro figure, especially the second release that came on the purple card. I prefer the tough-guy, angry Bizarro look to the dumb-guy, aloof Bizarro look.

I second that...but who knows, maybe the horsemen could give us another surprise (10th wave joker / Batman classics joker anyone?)

And yes, pics! I was just interested in ultraman.

where the hell are the pics?!

I like seeing pics too, but I'd never post any myself. I don't want anyone to see what I have.

That's just asking for a burglary or a break-in.

nobody's gonna break in your house.

I agree that we definitely need a DCUC version of Bizarro. I didn't pick up the DCSH version because I thought it was a terribly done figure. Same goes for Catwoman. Now there are some DCSH figures like Mongul, Azrael, Batgirl, Clayface that are perfect and fit nicely into the DCUC.

I thought Bizarro and Catwoman were both very well done figures ...particularly Catwoman... for THAT line. In Bizarro's case, I had to swallow it and accept that zombie interpretation of Bizarro which isn't my preference. Neither of them though hold up to what DCUC has been doing. Gone are the cartoonish proportions (Just look at Bizarro's torso!!!) and the tiny women!)

I will grant that there are very, very few DCSH figures who I could accept among a DCUC collection. Clayface is one. I'm also okay with Parasite ...although in his case, much like Bizarro, I'm choking down a monstrous version of the character that isn't really my preference. I prefer the big strong purple guy with fangs.

Mongul and Batgirl are both too small. Batgirl, especially is a bad match for DCUC since she is a perfect example of DCSH's theme of DC characters as interpreted by the Four Horsemen. With DCUC, we are getting classic COMIC BOOK interpretations of these characters. Batgirl just never appeared the way DCSH made her look.

I thought Bizarro and Catwoman were both very well done figures ...particularly Catwoman... for THAT line. In Bizarro's case, I had to swallow it and accept that zombie interpretation of Bizarro which isn't my preference. Neither of them though hold up to what DCUC has been doing. Gone are the cartoonish proportions (Just look at Bizarro's torso!!!) and the tiny women!)

I will grant that there are very, very few DCSH figures who I could accept among a DCUC collection. Clayface is one. I'm also okay with Parasite ...although in his case, much like Bizarro, I'm choking down a monstrous version of the character that isn't really my preference. I prefer the big strong purple guy with fangs.

Mongul and Batgirl are both too small. Batgirl, especially is a bad match for DCUC since she is a perfect example of DCSH's theme of DC characters as interpreted by the Four Horsemen. With DCUC, we are getting classic COMIC BOOK interpretations of these characters. Batgirl just never appeared the way DCSH made her look.

batgirl?....catwoman?.....how big are they supposed to be?