"How to" display collections

cjflan32

My feeling about the "right or wrong way" to display a collection is this: its like YOU telling ME what MY favourite food is.

Think about how nonsensical that is.

This is really a classic "to each his own" thing, and NO-ONE can do it wrong.

If someone really is blithering enough to tell you that how you display your stuff is wrong, then they probably have a few too many needless rules they probably should re-evaluate in their own life.

Either that, or they need to be slapped upside the head.

When it comes to fun, the only rules are to not hurt anyone else and to have fun--and if you just cannot find it in you to have fun, leave it and go find something else to do.

Life is too short to have some other wienie boss you around at play-time.

Well I can't physically slap people across the head without driving to everybody's house, and I can't do that unless I get a movie check like Jay and Silent Bob. Come on man you have no tolerance for ignorance on this board either.

Whatever I do what I want!

P.S DCSH and DCUC are the exact same line. Only the packaging is different. A lot of DCSH is better than DCUC. They go together hand and hand on the same shelf.

Now you're making sense. But I was curious as to how you do it. I know you don't think DCUC and ML are in the same ballpark but do you put them on the same shelf? Do you spilt them up? Just curious. I once had a pro-registration side and an anti-registration side for ML, but that's just me.

In the end there just damn toys come on men theres no wrong way or right way threads like this make me sick really just another way to start crap on these boards. If you can't have a post with anything good to say please judt don't say anything at all. you do your collection the way you want to and keep your mouth shut.

I have dcuc and dcd right next to eachother and even my marvel studios 12 inch figures with my dcuc and dcsh.

Three things:

1. Since it's of such importance that I explain myself to you you should know that I've wanted to hear other people's ideas on the subject for a while now. This came at an opportune time.

2. I kept my mouth shut until a week ago when some joker told us we were doing everything wrong. Then he ruined another conversation with the same b.s. Whatever you want to call it, invitation, calling him out, whatever, this is an open topic but I guess you can't defend the indefensible. I don't start the negative stuff, but I'm happy to call out the people who do and shut them up.

3. This forum apparently isn't that uninteresting or making you too sick because you offered your input. Thanks!

well i haven't been on in about 2 months because i am sick of all the bickering and nit picking that is so unnessacery. But i do check to see if the adults are acting like adults and not 12 year old children and i spoke up because i am tired of my fav site going to hell because of every ones need to be right all the time and not just enjoying this thing we all like to do which is collect

More people need to check themselves and grow up some. And i am not refering to you but everyone who olny wants to start crap and ruin what i consider the best site for what we do

Then don't let them take it.

My feeling about the "right or wrong way" to display a collection is this: its like YOU telling ME what MY favourite food is.

If someone really is blithering enough to tell you that how you display your stuff is wrong, then they probably have a few too many needless rules they probably should re-evaluate in their own life.

When it comes to fun, the only rules are to not hurt anyone else and to have fun--and if you just cannot find it in you to have fun, leave it and go find something else to do.

Well I can't physically slap people across the head without driving to everybody's house, and I can't do that unless I get a movie check like Jay and Silent Bob. Come on man you have no tolerance for ignorance on this board either.

I wield my nouns and vowels as deftly as the back of my hand.

And you can too!

And you can too!

I do and then I get ripped for being negative.

And you can too!

I do and then I get ripped for being negative.

Then just call them a sissy-puss and say you are being assertive!

What good is a vocabulary if you cannot browbeat with it!!

Whatever I do what I want!

P.S DCSH and DCUC are the exact same line. Only the packaging is different. A lot of DCSH is better than DCUC. They go together hand and hand on the same shelf.

Now you're making sense. But I was curious as to how you do it. I know you don't think DCUC and ML are in the same ballpark but do you put them on the same shelf? Do you spilt them up? Just curious. I once had a pro-registration side and an anti-registration side for ML, but that's just me.

hahaha!! I bot all the ML Avengers. when the Civil war ripped the only Marvel team I loved in half, I split my figures along registration lines..

then, I decided that what I really loved was the Avengers as a REAL team.. Cap & Iron man as friends. so, I stopped collecting Marvel comics all together & put the Avengers back on one shelf.

personal opinion: until they legislate laws preventing us from displaying our collections the way we want..I stand by one simple rule..

I bot em', I choose where they stand!

nuff said?

@supes@

If i have room i do seperate my figures.If i dont have room i will just set it on a shelf intell i think of something.I collect alot of lines and my figures have learn to get along with each other in peace and harmany :wub:

the best way to display is ...(drum roll please) ,,, the way that YOU W A N T to display your collection!!

I would love to see pics of the registration figs, but You can have all all Dc, All Marvel, Marvel vs DC, all Heroes, all villains, or heroes vs villains

all are great ideas, but the set-up, now that is important.

I love Gundam's collection because of his set-up where he uses risers for effect.

the Marvel House display on comicfigs.net is great.

I think the set-up or design is just as important as who is on the shelf.

I bought some great display cases from a local office supply company. They're not cheap, but cheaper than new glass display cases. Basically, its a black metal bookcase with sliding glass doors. They can be locked too. The cases come in differnt heights also. It's not ideal, but they look fine.

I just displayed my newest prop replica this weekend. I found a DC Direct Superman Cape for $200.00 (new). Purchased a uniform display frame for $100.00. Paid $30.00 to a framer. The displayed Superman Cape looks wonderful and I don't have to worry about dusting the cape, just the case. Looks great and easy to keep clean. I didn't care for the way DC Direct suggested hanging the cape. I will take a pic and post it soon.

post-11760-1245205470_thumb.jpg

I only collect Flash action figures so it would be kind of hard to separate them. So I have no problem with combining different lines.

Line 'em up by height? Separate them by 'secret' identity? Pre-Crisis/post-Crisis? ^_^

Actually yeah I line them up by Flash or Flash related character in canonically order of appearance. Starting with Max Mercury and ending with Iris West.

Is it me or this has gotten out of hand?!??!??!

There's no right or wrong way to display a collection to say otherwise or even discuss it is stupid. Telling someone how they should display their collections is preposterous, you display however the heck you want and that's it. What are we now the Martha Stweart of collecting????

What is fun is seeing how people diversely display their figures and that is what the show your collections thread is for. Every person is different and their choices in this case collection display are unique and we should keep it like that.

What is fun is seeing how people diversely display their figures and that is what the show your collections thread is for. Every person is different and their choices in this case collection display are unique and we should keep it like that.

Well, this is true ...to an extent!

I keep my collections rotating all the time. Sometimes I have a classic JLA arrangement. Sometimes I'll group various JLA incarnations together. Sometimes my Blue Beetle is grouped with as much of a JLI line-up as I can gather. Sometimes I have him next to Captain Atom as a sort of brief Charlton line-up. Batman will go from my JLA line-up to as much of the Outsiders as I can cobble together. Sometimes I'll even place Nightwing and Starfire among my Outsiders even though I hated that era of the Outsiders. Occasionally, I'll have mock elections for JLA chairmanship and I'll pretend to elect different chairmen and they get moved up to the front of my JLA display.

I have no need however to pad my DCUC line-up with figures from other lines. I'll never bring my DCD Elongated Man over to my DCUC JLA just to "complete" my JLA. This looks tacky and very ghetto. I've seen MANY friends do this because they're impatient fanboys who have absolutely no patience or self-control. Hang in there, people! DCUC will deliver! Just wait! Da Big Dawg has news for you! That Alex Ross Martian Manhunter? He looks like Hell on your DCUC shelf!

And as for customs...Good Lord! What are we? Children in some first grade arts and crafts class? I've never seen a custon that doesn't scream W.T. to me.