Did Hasbro over do it this year with action figures?

canprime

Just thought I would ask.

Between Wolverine, MU, SW, TFs and now GI JOE it seems like they went for quantity over planning for most lines this year. They most likely will report their best year ever in sales, but it seems like it will only be because they pumped out seemingly double the product of previous years.

Do you think MU has suffered because of it? JOE? Has any line been hurt by having too much to buy? Or is it just us who suffer with too much choice?? @loll@

It shouldn't be too suprising that there this much stuff this year .... I mean there are 3 Major movies that have Toylines made by Hasbro, two of which they own, in addition there's the Animated series stuff..... I mean did you see all the Transformer Stuff that came out in 2007 ? ... and personally I think that they went into Overdrive with the Marvel Universe stuff because they wanted to see how the sales of it would do to know if they should produce more .

There is a ton of Hasbro stuff out this year, but the only line that seems to have suffered is ML. Since they have a different team of people working on each line, I don't think there would be any cost to quality from distraction or anything. The amount of money Hasbro spends on a line is probably based mostly on estimated sales rather than what other lines Hasbro is doing. The fact is, I'm kind of sorry Hasbro isn't doing the Star Trek line. If that had been done with the same quality of MU or ML, I'd probably be buying it. Then again, money is tight so maybe it's just as well.