DVD vs Blu Ray

I LOVE bluray. LOVE IT.

to me, there is a substantial difference. And it is well worth it to me. But let me explain that a bit.

I have never been one to buy many DVDs. I just don't watch the same movies often enough to warrant purchasing them usually. However, We do have a lot of DVDs, but the ones that we bought are usually kids' movies (because they will get lots of play) or cheap movies on sale at holiday time.

I have had a PS3 since it came out, and I haven't purchased very many blurays (again, because I don't buy DVDs in the first place). They are too expensive to buy at 30 bucks, but I have done it for a few of my favorites, or epic movies, or movies that deserve the enhanced quality...

I don't think I would replace any DVDs that I already have with bluray discs because it just isn't worth it for most of them. Like someone already said, I would do it for the movies that deserve it, like Starwars and Disney Classics etc.

My solution, which I recommend to everyone, is to buy a bluray player, and rent bluray movies. It works for me great because I never needed to own every movie I watch. I have NETFLIX, and it is awesome. For 15 bucks a month, I get AS MANY movies I want, 3 at a time, including bluray discs. You can get more or less, depending on how much you want to spend and how often you watch movies.

Last month I watched something like 18-20 bluray movies for 15 bucks. You can't buy a new DVD for that cheap usually.

So I do this, and I still buy the movies that are important to me. All on bluray.

And get the PS3 for 300 bucks now.. you will get the best gaming system ever, and a top notch bluray player.

I had netflix there for awhile. I got it when they added it to the xbox so i could stream movies to my tv. Only reason i stopped the service was because I ran out of movies that I wanted to see. I was getting into some Chinese movies and made for tv movies lol... Hollywood has been cranking out the crap the last few years and the only movies I've wanted to see are ones I've seen in theaters and subsequently bought on dvd... netflix became unnecessary

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a Blu-Ray dvd player. I haven't had a chance to watch any movies on it yet, and right now I only have 2 blu-ray movies. I can't wait to add to my collection!

Blu-Ray is awesome! However, I am not looking to replace all of my DVD's, just select movies. Star Trek, Star Wars, and some of my other favorite movies have been/will be upgraded to Blu.

My BR player streams Netflix, which is a cool feature.

How'd you do that? Get it to stream Netflix?

I don't want to get rid of everything, just the stuff that would look BETTER on Blu-ray.

How'd you do that? Get it to stream Netflix?

I don't want to get rid of everything, just the stuff that would look BETTER on Blu-ray.

My Samsung BD player has a feature for instant streaming of Netflix, Pandora Internet Radio, and BD Live. Not all BD players have that feature.