Who's got the SDCC Blues?

Flounnderr

Hey everyone,

Coming up to Brooklyn for school was fun this year, got to go to the New York Comic Con. There weren't any great exclusives there but loved the panal discussions and meeting all the artist/writers. I looked over the list for Philadelphia and there's no good exclusives again but this time there aren't too many good artists/writers either. Though I'm Sure there'll be good deals.

I think the only exclusive I want out of the whole lot of cons, is the Wonder Twins and Monkey set, and they're only gonna have that damn monkey at SDCC, but they'll tease you and put the wonder twins online sans the monkey.

(I like what Mattel is doing with their Heman exclusive, making him available online but only stamping the sdcc sticker under the armor, That's how exclusives should be... make it available to everyone but give the sdcc one a stamp or something on the package)

In the end I probably won't get the Monkey unless someone can help me out here, I hate having holes in the DCU collection so this might be the end of that series for me.

Would anyone else stop collecting the DCU classics line b/c of that damn monkey (that is of course if you're able to find DCU in the stores)? Oh and of course, anyone going to SDCC that can help me out?

regards

Joshua

Flounnderr@aol.com

I wouldn't stop just because of the monkey.

I still don't get why when someone misses one piece in a collection, all of a sudden they stop collecting the line.

I mean, didn't you like the lien to begin with? If they'd never make the monkey to begin with, would you not still be collecting it?

I think it's a bit more of the obsessive compulsiveness of collectors than really being upset cause they missed the monkey.

I wouldn't stop just because of the monkey.

I still don't get why when someone misses one piece in a collection, all of a sudden they stop collecting the line.

I mean, didn't you like the lien to begin with? If they'd never make the monkey to begin with, would you not still be collecting it?

I think it's a bit more of the obsessive compulsiveness of collectors than really being upset cause they missed the monkey.

How very true. Forget the monkey. Would the world really suffer if you didn't have The Wonder Twins in your collection?

This board has become full of chronic complainers. Death to Mattel, they suck, but not before I get Wave 8, those figures look great!

This convention exclusive stuff has gone on for years and it's not going to stop anytime soon. Nobody ever said "thanks" to Mattel for at least making The Wonder Twins available on their Web site. They could have just made the whole set Con exclusive and nobody would have gotten anything.

I was supposed to go this year.We were planning,and found a very nice hotel.Unfortunately,we couldn't reserve a room until March.March comes,and we can make reservations,but then we find out that the 4-day passes are already sold out.Believe me when I say that I've checked on ebay,but apparently no scalpers attend comic-con.So,now we've decided to wait until next year.Who knows?There might even be some footage for Green Lantern by then.

I was supposed to go this year.We were planning,and found a very nice hotel.Unfortunately,we couldn't reserve a room until March.March comes,and we can make reservations,but then we find out that the 4-day passes are already sold out.Believe me when I say that I've checked on ebay,but apparently no scalpers attend comic-con.So,now we've decided to wait until next year.Who knows?There might even be some footage for Green Lantern by then.

Why would scalpers attend any event?

ive seen 4 day badges sell for liek 400 bucks lol, thas why you always buy your tixs asap, i get mine every last day of sdcc

I'm glad there doing the no changing the tickets thing next year ... At least I hope they are ... If not I'm getting everyone in my family to buy tickets to fund my own dang trip :D :D

thats true too they are doing it where you cant switch the names anymore.

Would Gleek stop me from collecting DCUC, Hell no!

would I prefer that Mattel would sell him to us if we didnt attend SDCC, yes.

am I working my own methods to obtain this set, yes. If they fall thru, I am sure someone will have them on Ebay & whatever the price, they will sell.

gotta love a free market economy!

Why would scalpers attend any event?

I phrased that wrong I meant,"Why don't scalpers buy tickets to comic-con?"

actually,they probably do,and that's why i don't get to. :D

Would the world end if i didn't get a gleek figure? Nope, but i think the collecting would come to slow crawl for me. There are many figures i pass up in the DC Classics line (and in other lines) b/c i collect only what i like. For DC Universe that's any character from Superfriends, New Gods, or Return of Superman storyline. SO if you're going to collect figures from Superfriends cartoon and they make a Gleek figure... well i think that gleek is the one character i think of the most when it comes to superfriends (also apache chief and black vulcan), so for them to make it and not have it in my collection is a big deal.

Ex: couldn't care less about a Metallo BAF or Two Face, but not having Cyborg superman was a big deal and i'm glad they re-released him. Unfortunately, Mattel doesn't re-release exclusives in order to preserve the integrity of the item as an "exclusive." So there's no Gleek is going to be re-released.

I'm not complaining, i just really want one and not have to pay $50 online. Mattel did the right thing by having the wonder twins online and they should do the right thing and put the monkey up too.

i could care less about the wonder twins they don't appeal to me i used to loved watching super friends but i was more of an apache chief fan. i want that egon and slimer set and a he-ro maybe even the dcif anti-montior okay actually a couple of all but they are exclusives which means "SCALPERS START YOUR ENGINES!" i know don't make much sense. maybe mattel will over produce all their sdcc figs and they will end up on matty.

I don't get why someone would stop collecting because they didn't get one fig. I understand being a completest, but your collection won't be complete if you just stop. I'm not saying anyone is wrong. I'm just saying I don't get it.

But to answer the original subject, yeah, I do have the SDCC blues. I want those DCD GL figs badly and I want to see the Marvel toy display and get a chance at any of their exclusives.

well i THOUGHT i was ok...a friend who works for the airlines goes for like a day, gets the figs then comes back. i usually give him money to buy my stuff and some stuff for him. he really only needed to just stop at the mattel both for what i wanted. but, lo and behold...i see that DCD is doing a Hal Jordan figure EVERYDAY! so, damn, im screwed...ill only maybe get one of them...still, with the ghostbusters and the gleeks, ill be ok...sigh....

well i THOUGHT i was ok...a friend who works for the airlines goes for like a day, gets the figs then comes back. i usually give him money to buy my stuff and some stuff for him. he really only needed to just stop at the mattel both for what i wanted. but, lo and behold...i see that DCD is doing a Hal Jordan figure EVERYDAY! so, damn, im screwed...ill only maybe get one of them...still, with the ghostbusters and the gleeks, ill be ok...sigh....

Maybe take a chance and have him go on the last day? There could be leftovers from the previous days?

Maybe take a chance and have him go on the last day? There could be leftovers from the previous days?

ya thats a really good idea!!! thanks

last year the joker sold out on friday so i dont think theyllhave any extras of the hals

i usualy do but the amount fo peopel i can help goes down every year cuz requests go up, i do what i can

Like I said before Gleek is the most non essential and yet essential character. He represents one of the worst aspects of DC Heroes yet he is important because many of us on these boards grew up with him alongside the DC giants. So he does become very important to collecting, and I do understand why some people want to stop collecting. It is absurd not to release him to the mass of people on Matty Collector, I could do without the bucket of water and eagle than to miss out on Gleek

people that say they will quit collecting are over dramatic.

stop collecting because of Gleek?!?! That may be a serious case of OCD.

they are called Exclusives for a reason. if people can get this thru Mass retail then what's the point of calling it SDCC Exclusive? you just gotta do what you gotta do to complete your collection. plus it's not the end of the world if you can't complete your collection because of 1 lousy monkey. I missed the SDCC Mattel Batman Unmasking a few years ago. Last year I got it for under $20 on ebay. Patience is a virtue. All you gotta do is wait for the demand on the market to subside.