Who wants to start an internet fight about DC, DCUC?

Dragon66

MARVEL > DC!!!

YEAH, I WENT THERE!!!

eldest son...

my penis > your penis ....by alot

ya they put wolverine spidey as number 1 and bats/supes 2....they also put iron man as best comic movie over TDK...that just cant be debated...TDK is number 1

i like some of what marvel is doing but my heart is with dc due tot he characters..i mean honestly, if bendis isnt writing it, is anyone reading? nope, didnt think so...

Now that's the trash talk Dragon was talking about!

Well if you create controversy you increase the chance of people buying your product. Years ago they used to provide sound reasoning for their choices (why #1 is better than #2) but I guess your right their just Marvel biased.

But it's other things too. I read once that they had Claire Bennet (from Heroes) as the greatest pop culture female hero of all time or something like that. This was when Heroes first started so I imagine it was basically a giant advertisement considering the pop culture world includes Buffy Summers, Ellen Ripley and Wonder Woman.

BMB is awesome but that's it. Mark Millar is real hit and miss. But past Geoff Johns and Grant Morrison I really can't think of any outstanding DC writers.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BMB is awesome but that's it. Mark Millar is real hit and miss. But past Geoff Johns and Grant Morrison I really can't think of any outstanding DC writers.

Bendis is terrible ...especially at writing dialogue.

Millar was very good on The Ultimates. Everything else was boring.

Morrison's All-Star Superman was good. Everything else was indecipherable.

Johns is a solid "B+" writer. Unfortunately, he has to inject an unnecessary grisly detail into his stories. Barry Allen's father killed his mother? Blackhand fondles corpses after they're dead? Gorilla Grodd eats people??? Blahhh!

Bendis is terrible ...especially at writing dialogue.

Millar was very good on The Ultimates. Everything else was boring.

Morrison's All-Star Superman was good. Everything else was indecipherable.

Johns is a solid "B+" writer. Unfortunately, he has to inject an unnecessary grisly detail into his stories. Barry Allen's father killed his mother? Blackhand fondles corpses after they're dead? Gorilla Grodd eats people??? Blahhh!

These are some good points. My beef with Morrison is you have to read so much to be able to follow what he's talking about. Example: Final Crisis only sort of makes sense if you've read Seven Soldiers and Superman Beyond 3-D. Whatever, I had to read more but at least it was good reading.

I like Bendis' dialogue but points like I made before about Spider-Man appearing everywhere and constantly talking are what bother me. His Daredevil run was his best work. Then Spider-Man shows up and won't shut the hell up.

Morrison is a great writer most of the time. He's the only reason I actually care about the Doom Patrol. Sometimes he has too many ideas going on at once, but they're generally interesting ideas and he's much more ambitious with his stories than a lot of writers. I respect him for that.

Personally, I like Bendis on street-level noir-ish stories(I enjoyed his Daredevil a lot), but much less so on event stuff like Secret Invasion. I definitely don't think he's Marvel's best writer. Ed Brubaker is much better, aside from his X-Men.

And I think DC has some quality writers beyond Morrison and Johns...Gail Simone is great. Bill Willingham I think is starting JSA, and he's very good. Greg Rucka is good. Peter J Tomasi has gotten pretty good too.

i will always give morrison the benefit of the doubt due to JLA. but Batman rip and final crisis just sucked.

and bendis...well im sure his boyfriend hates life cuz that dude is way too anti climatic.

i never really paid attention attention to Johns till Sinsetro Corp. but i hope he doesnt let me down with blackest night.

Batman RIP was very good. Again, if you read his entire Batman run it makes a whole lot more sense.

And how could I forget Ed Brubaker.

you write assuming i didint read the whole run, well i did, even read it again in one shot...still, sucked. and ya it made sense, but still sucked...ive read many many bats stories that have been better...

Batman RIP was very good. Again, if you read his entire Batman run it makes a whole lot more sense.

you write assuming i didint read the whole run, well i did, even read it again in one shot...still, sucked. and ya it made sense, but still sucked...ive read many many bats stories that have been better...

RIP was very confusing. Not so much the side character stories (Robin, etc), but the main story. My biggest gripes were A) Batman didn't die in the story called RIP(!) and B) his bogus RIP death wasn't even perpetrated by the Joker, but by some lame Wayne Sr impersonator.

I believe this is the part where we throw personal insults at each other...

Whatever. You didn't like it you didn't like.

I believe this is the part where we throw personal insults at each other...

Whatever. You didn't like it you didn't like.

its not that i just didnt like it, it was the fact that everyone goes to that to defend it. (you gotta read it all in one setting, you gotta read it again.) a monthly comic is serialized and should emcompass a larger story while still telling a smaller one within 24 pages taht fits into the larger picture. i wasnt intending on trowing insults at you.

morrison i think has had his day. like i said. i always give him the benefit of the doubt cuz of the JLA series which was awesome.

but honestly, i thought the red hood storyline and winicks run on batman was better. and i dont even like that guy.

Now, that's what I'm talking about, @fight@

but I have yet to see our resident internet bullies and their bold lettering (technically caps are not really bold, but good try). I guess they overlook this because people here might be ready for someone to say something off topic and personal.

Each company has some good writers, IMO their strengths, best, and worst.

DC- Johns- Respects the history of the characters, best: JSA, Green Lantern, Flash; worst: Infinite Crisis.

DC-Morrison- Off beat and oddball, best: Animal Man, JLA, Doom Patrol; worst: Final Crisis.

DC-Rucka- Crime Noir, characterization, best: Wonder Woman, Gotham Central: worst: (Still thinking).

DC-James Robinson- The man knows his history, best: Starman, JSA, Golden Age, Worst: (sorry, I love everything he's done that I have read.

Marvel-Bendis- Dialogue, Crime Noir, best: Daredevil, Ult. Spider-Man, New Avengers; worst: Ult. Team-Up.

Marvel-Millar- Crazy Ideas, Action, best: Ultimates 1 & 2, Civil War; Worst: Fantastic Four.

Marvel-Loeb- Great storytelling, best- anything with Tim Sale; Worst- anything with artists who draw great splash pages (Hulk).

Marvel-Brubaker- Gritty steet-level stuff, best- Daredevil, Captain America; Worst- Uncanny X-Men.

Who's popping the pocorn? @popcorn@

Ok Dragon to make you happy...

MORRISONS STORY LINE ARE JUST PURE ACIDIC GARBAGE! BATMAN RIP WAS NOT EVEN AN RIP STORYLINE I'M HERE EXPECTING THAT BATMAN IS GOING TO BE KILLED AND I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL FINAL CRISIS TO SEE BATMAN GET KILLED??? WHAT IS UP WITH THAT? AND FINAL CRISIS MADE ABSOLUTELY PERFECT SENSE THAT IS UNTIL THE LAST ISSUE WHERE IT JUST HAD ME GO HUH?? WHAT WAS UP WITH THAT??? OH WAIT LETS NOT FORGET NOW NIGHTWING IS BATMAN??? DIDN'T DICK SAY THAT HE NEVER WANTED TO TAKE ON THE MANTLE? AND DAMIEN IS THE NEW ROBIN??? TIM DRAKE IS GONNA BE RED ROBIN??? (WHICH BRINGS ON ANOTHER POINT I AM SOOOO SICK OF KINGDOM COME REFRENCES IT WAS NOT EVEN A GOOD STORYLINE!) SO NOW LET ME GUESS ONCE AGAIN JASON TODD IS GONNA BE DONNING THE NIGHTWING OUTFIT??? AND DO NOT TELL ME TO READ THESE STORYLINES OVER AGAIN I ALREADY HAVE NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE READ IT STILL DOES NOT MAKE SENSE! AND DO NOT LET ME GET INTO MARVEL AS WELL IMO MARVEL/DC<IMAGE!!!

OH YES AND I DO NOT WANT NO 12" FIGURES!!!!! GIVE ME SOME 26" FIGURES!!!!!!

I hope this post makes you happy Dragon lol

MORRISONS STORY LINE ARE JUST PURE ACIDIC GARBAGE! BATMAN RIP WAS NOT EVEN AN RIP STORYLINE I'M HERE EXPECTING THAT BATMAN IS GOING TO BE KILLED AND I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL FINAL CRISIS TO SEE BATMAN GET KILLED??? WHAT IS UP WITH THAT? AND FINAL CRISIS MADE ABSOLUTELY PERFECT SENSE THAT IS UNTIL THE LAST ISSUE WHERE IT JUST HAD ME GO HUH?? WHAT WAS UP WITH THAT??? OH WAIT LETS NOT FORGET NOW NIGHTWING IS BATMAN??? DIDN'T DICK SAY THAT HE NEVER WANTED TO TAKE ON THE MANTLE? AND DAMIEN IS THE NEW ROBIN??? TIM DRAKE IS GONNA BE RED ROBIN??? (WHICH BRINGS ON ANOTHER POINT I AM SOOOO SICK OF KINGDOM COME REFRENCES IT WAS NOT EVEN A GOOD STORYLINE!) SO NOW LET ME GUESS ONCE AGAIN JASON TODD IS GONNA BE DONNING THE NIGHTWING OUTFIT??? AND DO NOT TELL ME TO READ THESE STORYLINES OVER AGAIN I ALREADY HAVE NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE READ IT STILL DOES NOT MAKE SENSE! AND DO NOT LET ME GET INTO MARVEL AS WELL IMO MARVEL/DC<IMAGE!!!

Thanks for the laugh, but I must say that was quite a bold statement, 26" figures eh? HELLO, the 30" Batman figure at TRU is the single greatest less-than-half-size repesentation I have ever seen (On Clearance).

That was quite a bold statement, 26" figures eh? HELLO, the 30" Batman figure at TRU is the single greatest less-than-half-size repesentation I have ever seen (On Clearance).

ARE YOU KIDDING ME 30" IS WAY TOO BIG IMO!!! AND WHO WANTS A 30" FIGURE OF A CHARACTER THAT HAS PRETTY MUCH BEEN RAPED BY THE WRITERS??? IF I WANT A 30" FIGURE LET ME GET ONE OF SOMEONE WHO HAS NOT BEEN RAPED BY THE WRITERS OH WAIT THAT'S PRETTY MUCH EVERY CHARACTER IN COMICS RIGHT NOW! BARRY ALLEN SHOULD HAVE STAYED DEAD!!!!! YES I SAID IT THAT PUNK GOODY TOO SHOES FLASH SHOULD HAVE STAYED DEAD! AND NOW THEY TRY TO MAKE HIM COOL BY MAKING HIM THE NEW BLACK FLASH UGH!!!!

this has been pretty fun lol

That was quite a bold statement, 26" figures eh? HELLO, the 30" Batman figure at TRU is the single greatest less-than-half-size repesentation I have ever seen (On Clearance).

ARE YOU KIDDING ME 30" IS WAY TOO BIG IMO!!! AND WHO WANTS A 30" FIGURE OF A CHARACTER THAT HAS PRETTY MUCH BEEN RAPED BY THE WRITERS??? IF I WANT A 30" FIGURE LET ME GET ONE OF SOMEONE WHO HAS NOT BEEN RAPED BY THE WRITERS OH WAIT THAT'S PRETTY MUCH EVERY CHARACTER IN COMICS RIGHT NOW! BARRY ALLEN SHOULD HAVE STAYED DEAD!!!!! YES I SAID IT THAT PUNK GOODY TOO SHOES FLASH SHOULD HAVE STAYED DEAD! AND NOW THEY TRY TO MAKE HIM COOL BY MAKING HIM THE NEW BLACK FLASH UGH!!!!

I have an idea so crazy that it just might work, so hear me out:

Let's turn all of our Heroes into Monkeys and Apes . . .(Waiting for Applause). . .

Let's turn all of our Heroes into Monkeys and Apes . . .(Waiting for Applause). . .

Didn't that happen JLApe or did I just think up this storyline?

You'd have to be running a pretty crappy company to actually publish a book like that...oh, wait!

;)

(And yeah...DC's done it with just about every character too...but I'm taking mah shots at Marvel, dern it!)

Didn't that happen JLApe or did I just think up this storyline?

Yeah, JLApe And Marvel Apes both happened. That's right people, both companies turned our favorite heroes into Monkeys!

isnt GD where most of the fights happen? thats reallythe only time ill get into anything unless baited, but again if it isnt in GD i usually back off.

so this is a DC forum?

ok MARVEL.

STAN LEE WAS OVERRATED! ALL HIS CHARACTERS HAVE THE EXACT SAME ORIGIN. MUTANTS OR RADIOACTIVE CRAP. I WISH WIZARD WOULD QUIT KISSING MARVELS ASS. I MEAN REALLY, WOVLERINE VS SPIDERMAN WAS THE 1 TEAM UP? CMON....

or if i got it wrong...

DOWN WITH DIDO! WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED TO DC? THANK GOD FOR THE UPCOMING BLACKEST NIGHT STORY LINE.

What made me a DC fan wasn't only the exposure too the old Adam West tv show and the Superfreinds but with Chris Reeves Superman..... I loved those movies

What turned me off about Marvel was Stan Lee's thinking everybody knows the Marvel Universe

I watched or tried to watch Marvel toons in the early 80's narrated by Stan but he talked as if I knew his universe

Too me he should of treated it as if newbies were watching and not old fans of the comics themselves

I looked down at Marvel for this and have embraced DC

Agreed Wheeljack!

But is also bears saying.. Stan Lee "thinks" he created the Marvel universe.. when in fact Jack "the king" Kirby did.. and Stan "the fraud" Lee.. took credit for it.

for me, "make mine DC @supes@ "