Who wants to start an internet fight about DC, DCUC?

Dragon66

I figured that over the past few weeks we have had a few people come in and single-handedly disrupt intellegent conversations about DC toys and comics. So why not give them a place to go so those of us who dislike all of the negative BS can get back to talking about toys and comics. Feel free to use bold lettering, self-indulgent witty remarks (or so you think), slanderous remarks, etc. The rest of us will grab our popcorn and enjoy the ride! @popcorn@

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the arguments are the onlything keeping people chatting,as long as it doesn't get out of hand it stays pretty controlled.

Well there are some people whose sole purpose in coming to the boards is to pick a fight. Why go to a DCUC action figure board if you don't "collect action figures especially DCUC", as some of these people have stated. I figure if they are looking for a fight, go to the fight forum.

If I see a complaint to a mod pm about this thread of any kind I'll lock this

I don't have a problem with that, I just get tired of every topic getting thrown way of topic because one guy decides to f--- with somebody and the topic becomes "you suck", then "no, you suck and can't back up the reason why I suck". I personally don't care to argue with someone about toys or comics, but would like to have intelligent conversations which I understand can get heated, as long as it is relevent to the conversation.

It is a good idea you have but people do get offended and there are the people that are bored and thinking to mess with others is the way to go

That is why I figured creating a Thunderdome, so to speak, might clear some of these a-holes out of some nice conversations that we were having until they showed up.

I think the arguments are the onlything keeping people chatting,as long as it doesn't get out of hand it stays pretty controlled.

Well there are some people whose sole purpose in coming to the boards is to pick a fight. Why go to a DCUC action figure board if you don't "collect action figures especially DCUC", as some of these people have stated. I figure if they are looking for a fight, go to the fight forum.

its just what happens. i collect, but i also have a life. believe it or not, a lot of collectors dont.

If I see a complaint to a mod pm about this thread of any kind I'll lock this

I don't have a problem with that, I just get tired of every topic getting thrown way of topic because one guy decides to f--- with somebody and the topic becomes "you suck", then "no, you suck and can't back up the reason why I suck". I personally don't care to argue with someone about toys or comics, but would like to have intelligent conversations which I understand can get heated, as long as it is relevent to the conversation.

l know what you mean. Debatin can be fun w/o insultin one another when it is intelligent. However, if iit has to do with someone insulting another person for collecting action figures in a action fig forum, it makes that person look like a total jackass.

I think a lot of ppl flame because they're really ashamed of the stuff they like

For instance, a Marvel fanboy goin to flame ppl for likin DC merchandise seems to give off the impression that this person is afraid that a lot of ppl are becommin DC fanboys, therefore, she/he would think they are not awsome for likin Hulk or whatever.

Seriously, this forum has problems with like two people. Ares, Rowdy, Big Dawg (when he's not talking about displaying collections), Dragon, Wheeljack, Pooda, Queenie, Lady Jaye, SuperPowers, Arrow, most of us here keep it clean. I admit I'm a little harsh but I think my history proves it's only towards people with a. ridiculous comments or b. literally sign on to pick a fight.

If you look at some of the topics you'll see the same two names over and over again screwing things up. Everybody knows who I'm talking about.

Seriously, this forum has problems with like two people. Ares, Rowdy, Big Dawg (when he's not talking about displaying collections), Dragon, Wheeljack, Pooda, Queenie, Lady Jaye, SuperPowers, Arrow, most of us here keep it clean. I admit I'm a little harsh but I think my history proves it's only towards people with a. ridiculous comments or b. literally sign on to pick a fight.

If you look at some of the topics you'll see the same two names over and over again screwing things up. Everybody knows who I'm talking about.

You're correct. I was in a heated arguement once by a person who likes to screw things up. He was startin crap with me all because I collect 12 inch toys and had a fig of sideshow Lara Croft. I do not see him here anymore which I tend to believe he only posted here to fight others.

You're correct. I was in a heated arguement once by a person who likes to screw things up. He was startin crap with me all because I collect 12 inch toys and had a fig of sideshow Lara Croft. I do not see him here anymore which I tend to believe he only posted here to fight others.

I used to crap of 12 inch figures all the time. Then Sideshow started making the Star Wars figures and I've been hooked ever since. Now I have a bunch from different lines.

Oh, wait, we're supposed to be fighting here. 12-inch figures suck!

I used to crap of 12 inch figures all the time. Then Sideshow started making the Star Wars figures and I've been hooked ever since. Now I have a bunch from different lines.

Oh, wait, we're supposed to be fighting here. 12-inch figures suck!

ROTFL

Sideshow figs are good when they make SW figs, but they suck when they make other figs like the Sideshow Lara Croft toy; since preorders usually sell out before the toy comes out, I preordered the figure not knowin how crappy it is when I have gotten it. It would have been cheaper for me to just make a custom fig using the 12 inch NECA headsculpt, which btw is a better rendition than the ss headsculpt.

The fight wasn't about 12 inches in general but the guy purposely attacked me, telling me that I was confused of my gender (another poster said that l was most likely immature for collectin a female action figure; ironic since l assumed it would the other way around) just because I have a female action figure that has real clothing. LOL

Amazing, you start a fight forum and nice conversation breaks out, WTF!!!

Seriously though, we all know who all this discussion is about, in general. I just figured they would like a chance to be the prick everyone already thinks that they are. Just like yesterday when I saw someone who joined and started making lewd comments about Rowdy's wife, as well as crude comments in the other forums that he posted on. Thankfully those comments were removed as I would hope the Mod's remove this jerk from the board altogether.

Seriously though, we all know who all this discussion is about, in general. I just figured they would like a chance to be the prick everyone already thinks that they are. Just like yesterday when I saw someone who joined and started making lewd comments about Rowdy's wife, as well as crude comments in the other forums that he posted on. Thankfully those comments were removed as I would hope the Mod's remove this jerk from the board altogether.

The only problem I have with DCUC is with the whole Gleek situation. Besides that I love everything and everybody. : @smilepunch@

Seriously though, we all know who all this discussion is about, in general. I just figured they would like a chance to be the prick everyone already thinks that they are. Just like yesterday when I saw someone who joined and started making lewd comments about Rowdy's wife, as well as crude comments in the other forums that he posted on. Thankfully those comments were removed as I iswould hope the Mod's remove this jerk from the board altogether.

i do not know who you guyz are referrin to this discussion

its just what happens. i collect, but i also have a life. believe it or not, a lot of collectors dont.

You're not a true collector pooda!!! Ban yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1oone

@firedevil@

Dragon your attempt was (sort of) noble but unnecessary. One, because when bullies get challenged they run away (which means you'll never see them here) and two, and I can't speak for everyone else, but I don't come here looking for a fight. I come here for feedback and advice. With one exception where I was unacceptably harsh (sorry Queenie) I myself feel that I contribute positively. However when some jerk comes to ruin the discussion I stand behind my comments. Take Pound Puppy for example. He's acting like hot sh*t because he tells off his insider (AND his girlfriend) then goes on a rant about how people should display their collections. Then he starts trashing me for the same reason. I'm not taking that! Nobody here is in a position to be telling others how to do their thing.

Oh, not sure if this has already been mentioned but here it is. I'm not the one going around saying DC sucks. To me, Marvel and DC are apples and oranges; I'll go through the problems on both. It's the Marvel fans that think we're "ignorant" because OUR OPINION is we like DC more than Marvel. If you want to go talk about how Wolverine is the greatest character of all time under 5'4" then go to the Marvelous forum.

isnt GD where most of the fights happen? thats reallythe only time ill get into anything unless baited, but again if it isnt in GD i usually back off.

so this is a DC forum?

ok MARVEL.

STAN LEE WAS OVERRATED! ALL HIS CHARACTERS HAVE THE EXACT SAME ORIGIN. MUTANTS OR RADIOACTIVE CRAP. I WISH WIZARD WOULD QUIT KISSING MARVELS ASS. I MEAN REALLY, WOVLERINE VS SPIDERMAN WAS THE 1 TEAM UP? CMON....

or if i got it wrong...

DOWN WITH DIDO! WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED TO DC? THANK GOD FOR THE UPCOMING BLACKEST NIGHT STORY LINE.

isnt GD where most of the fights happen? thats reallythe only time ill get into anything unless baited, but again if it isnt in GD i usually back off.

so this is a DC forum?

ok MARVEL.

STAN LEE WAS OVERRATED! ALL HIS CHARACTERS HAVE THE EXACT SAME ORIGIN. MUTANTS OR RADIOACTIVE CRAP. I WISH WIZARD WOULD QUIT KISSING MARVELS ASS. I MEAN REALLY, WOVLERINE VS SPIDERMAN WAS THE 1 TEAM UP? CMON....

or if i got it wrong...

DOWN WITH DIDO! WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED TO DC? THANK GOD FOR THE UPCOMING BLACKEST NIGHT STORY LINE.

Wizard's a piece of crap rag. I haven't read it in years. However, I did read it for 15 years and watched as it sadly went from comic-oriented material to pop culture garbage. Now I can't really say anything to their Marvel bias but if they truly put Spider-Man and Wolverine a their greatest team-up then they're full of sh*t. This next tidbit isn't DC bias, it's fact:

There's a reason Batman and Superman are called the World's Finest. After making non-stop jokes for an hour and a half Wolverine would stab Spidey. That outta make your Spider-Sense tingle. That's my only beef with Brian Michael Bendis: He has Spider-Man show up in everything he writes and has him stupid things over and over and over again. We get it! Spider-Man's funny! Move on!

so this is a DC forum?

ok MARVEL.

or if i got it wrong...

What made me a DC fan wasn't only the exposure too the old Adam West tv show and the Superfreinds but with Chris Reeves Superman..... I loved those movies

What turned me off about Marvel was Stan Lee's thinking everybody knows the Marvel Universe

I watched or tried to watch Marvel toons in the early 80's narrated by Stan but he talked as if I knew his universe

Too me he should of treated it as if newbies were watching and not old fans of the comics themselves

I looked down at Marvel for this and have embraced DC

MARVEL > DC!!!

YEAH, I WENT THERE!!!

eldest son...

my penis > your penis ....by alot

ya they put wolverine spidey as number 1 and bats/supes 2....they also put iron man as best comic movie over TDK...that just cant be debated...TDK is number 1

i like some of what marvel is doing but my heart is with dc due tot he characters..i mean honestly, if bendis isnt writing it, is anyone reading? nope, didnt think so...