DCUC Killer Moth

Dilios

I just ordered DC Universe Classics: Killer Moth, and i should have him by the end of the week.

He's my first DCUC figure(and one of my favourite Bat Villains).

I was just wondering what you guys think of the figure?

I read a review which gave it 4/4 stars...which makes it sound like one of the best.

Would you consider him an 'A-List' figure?

Cheers,

S.C

I love Killer Moth. First, right off the bat, he's a great representation of the character's classic Silver Age look. Secondly, you have to give DCUC credit for faithfully tackling such a low-tier bad guy with such a goofy retro look.

One other plus is that KM actually has his own gun and isn't getting a hand-me-down Luthor gun like the upcoming Silver Age Brainiac.

I recently posted this story elsewhere but since we're talking about KM here, I'll tell it again... Originally, the Four Horsemen wanted to do the monstrous Moth-Man like version of Killer Moth that appeared after he'd been upgraded by DC demon, Neron, in one of those big crossover event. The 4H actually sculpted a model but it was so big and detailed it would've been impossible to make as a figure. Mattel was still eager on doing more Bat-villains so they insisted on Killer Moth. The 4H went back into KM's history and dug up the version that became the Wave 6 figure.

Is he an A-lister? Well...the character is probably C-list on a generous day ...but it's a very nice figure. The Big Dawg gives it a BIG five woofs!

So glad DCUC has the normal version of Killer Moth, not the Charaxes version (see the animated THE BATMAN series fo toys for that version)

Killer Moth is an easily impressive toy

The Mask is great. The colors are crazy, but that kind of makes him pop!

And a rare villain for Bats to fight is always a plus.

But yeah, the dud e is C-list or lower.

Ok thanks guy, i cant wait to get him.

Btw, does anyone have pics of the prototype 'Charaxes version' of Killer Moth that the 4 Horsemen sculpted?

I saw one pic of it. It was a huge big brown bug man. It was far larger than the standard 6" body. It looked to be even larger than Grundy! The span of it's arms was incredible. It was very detailed and monstrous to a grotesque degree. It may have been a very elaborate figure but I'm much more satisfied with the Killer Moth that we got.

Huh, that's a shame. Not that I dislike the Moth we got, he's perfect for what he is, but the Charaxes sounds cool too. I hope it sees the light of day eventually, maybe as an exclusive or something.

And if anybody has a picture, I'd love to see it.

Now if we can get Killer Moth, I just hope we can get Ventriloquist and Scarface. I've wanted them for years now. :)