Wave 5 vehicle review

RaginSpoon

Hey guys Here is a review i did for the new wave 5 vehicles I just got in yesterday.

First off only thing i really couldn't stand is the fact that all the file cards are on the box and have to be cut out. Not that i mind cutting them out I just like all my file cards to be the same thickness.

first up is the strato-viper and c.l.a.w.

th_DSC_0107.jpg

Nothing much new here. overall figure looks nice but the head is to small and sits to high on the neck and not much range of motion in tilting the head forward. The helmet looks like it comes off because the sculpted a chin underneath but it does indeed not come off. Also his gun will not fit in either hand unless he just wants to use it to pistol whip someone(see photo).

A cool feature that was included but not necessary was Remote "laser" assisted sighting camera.

th_DSC_0112.jpg

It is a scaled down version of the thing that came with the trouble bubble in the 80's that i couldn't ever figure out what to do with. There is a back panel on it like the original but it doesn't seem to come off, I may be wrong but i don't want to find out.

This does come with some new missle for the C.L.A.W. I might end up casting these and selling them, If there is enough interest. They would probably end up being 6 dollars a set since it is a lot of plastic.

With this set comes the F.L.A.K. cannon. This is a fun little piece to have but nothing we haven't seen before just nice to have in a more durable plastic.

th_DSC_0109.jpg

This comes with outback, which happens to be a great figure.

th_DSC_0111.jpg

His gun fits in his right hand quite nicely. only main problem i have with this figure is the elbow joint is hand panted so expect some major paint rub if you play with your figures. his flashlight is removable but I'm not sure if it was meant to be since it leave some huge holes in his leg once removed.

Next up we have the long awaited for stinger with driver. Not much difference between the new and old one except that the shovel has been replaced with a removable AK-47 and the missile's are a bit thicker.

th_DSC_0113.jpg

The driver is basically the same figure as the bazooka trooper cast in Grey.

th_DSC_0116.jpg

The nicest thing about this figure is on the back of the harness where there should have been a holster on the bazooka trooper, this figure has one and gun is actually included.

th_DSC_0117.jpg

The figure on this barely fits in the Stinger but since they did fix the crotch on this figure he will fit. The older Stinger commander from the second cobra 5-pack, will not fit.

th_DSC_0115.jpg

Last we have the arctic hiss. I have nothing but good things to say about this vehicle.

th_DSC_0120.jpg

It is the same hiss that we have gotten in the past with a few small modifications. This time it has missile's instead of a gun turret. beneath the turret you have removable racks.

th_DSC_0123-1.jpg

They can be easily taken off or moved to a spot where you would like them to be.

th_DSC_0125-1.jpg

As you can see from the photo below is a new sticker. It makes the glass on the canopy have a radar monitor.

th_DSC_0122.jpg

The arctic hiss comes with a driver. Basic head swap figure but is one I will enjoy playing with.

th_DSC_0119.jpg

Here are a few more photo's

th_DSC_01072.jpg

This is what outback looks like without his flashlight. Also nothing can fit in his left hand, its just kinda open

th_DSC_01082.jpg

This is about as much as you can fit the original 5 pack guy in the Stinger.

th_DSC_01092.jpg

As you can see they did a nice job fixing his crotch.

th_DSC_01102.jpg

The old Stinger commander fits in nicely with a little dremel work. haven't cleaned up the burrs yet.

th_DSC_01122.jpg th_DSC_01132.jpg th_DSC_01112.jpg th_DSC_01093.jpg

You'd think somebody at Hasbro would make sure the figures fit in the vehicles that they're assigned to. Guess the Research & Development department are a little short staffed?

Thanks for the reviews and the pics - much appreciated! Can we see one of Outback without his flak jacket? I know it's the standard torso, but that's how I'm going to display mine - so he looks like a modern update of his ARAH figure.

i'm getting the stinger the moment i see it in my local wal-mat as well as the cobra-claw with strato-viper and flak twopack

I do believe that when these were resinstated, that there were said to be online retailer only, and then only the ones who have a history of larger orders with Hasbro.

Got my notic ethey had arrived at BBTS. I will be dumping all of it but Outback and the Stinger jeep methinks. Shame I had to pay for it all just for the damn Outback figure, because I don't want the boxset one!

Draven

Got my notic ethey had arrived at BBTS. I will be dumping all of it but Outback and the Stinger jeep methinks. Shame I had to pay for it all just for the damn Outback figure, because I don't want the boxset one!

Draven

Why not? Isn't it the same figure? What's different?

This one has the original 87 figure colors. The box set one changed like the Chuckles boxset fig.

Draven

Ah, your right. I hadn't bother to look at any of the pics for some time. I didn't realize there was a difference. When I saw he was coming in the 7 pack (as was the Strato-Viper), I was thinking "why bother with that other pack then". The F.L.A.K. was always a rather boring "toy" (I think we ended up using it as a handgun rather than a gun emplacement) and the C.L.A.W. is kinda weak.

But if the Outback figures ARE different, well I guess I'll have to get one after all. The 7-pack might make a good Night Force version.

Yep the original pics pics of the 7 packs had the original Outback colors and then the latest pics to surface showed him in night force like colors. While i like it, I need the classic colors in my display! I figured Hasbro changed it when they decided to release the wave 5 vehicles afterall.

Draven

Yep the original pics pics of the 7 packs had the original Outback colors and then the latest pics to surface showed him in night force like colors. While i like it, I need the classic colors in my display! I figured Hasbro changed it when they decided to release the wave 5 vehicles afterall.

Draven

They still may. Remember "products and color may vary"