$5,000.00 to spend on toys preferably DC

Rowdy26

I have no idea how to set up an online store. This will be a site that is for the fans by the fans I am not computer savy at all. So any help would be appreciated. I will try to keep figures at retail price or a a tiny bit over like 1199-12.99 on DCUC.

I have no idea how to set up an online store. This will be a site that is for the fans by the fans I am not computer savy at all. So any help would be appreciated. I will try to keep figures at retail price or a a tiny bit over like 1199-12.99 on DCUC.

:D SWEET!! I already know your gonna tick off a lot of the scalpers that frequent this site under the cloak of friendship.

This is what I am going to do,as long as I can count on you guys to get the word out and hopefully I can advertise the site here,anyone who helps me will get a big discount after it's up and going.

Also as a suggestion from Batfan that I thought was cool,we will work out a layaway plan on more expensive items like statues and hot toys.

5 grand will go by VERY fast, why don't you sit on the money for a month and wait, make sure you have a tight gameplan before it gets blown. I myself would buy a loose complete SuperPowers set, yes, even the Justice Jogger, but I collect far too many different toylines that I'd really have to sit and seriously think about how to spend it, otherwise I'd have 5 grand worth of scattershot toys and half broken GoBots. (Hey, they were a steal, and I might find Leader-1's other arm at the next toy show!) AND don't give anybody thousands of dollars in one sitting, unless it's a personal friend. Do not tell a random Craigslist dude or forum board member to swing on by your house and drop off their collection, And don't tell strangers you have a large sum in cash and to come on over and talk toys, but then again, that's just common sense! #US1#

I think this is a GREAT idea!. Here's some suggestions:

1. Use some of the money to pay a friend or loved one to field emails and other correspondence and sort it into categories. One category would be people who want you to open figures and send them loose for reduced shipping. That same person could help with taking stuff to the P.O. or packing/sorting items for packing.

2. Offer different shipping methods, such as priority, 1st class and parcel post. Also, tracking or no tracking.

3. Stick to only one or a few lines, don't expand too much or it might get away from you (happened to tons of people I know). Unless you start paying a bunch of people to help you. Then go nuts!

4. Keeping in mind #3, buy and take trade-ins of the stuff that some board members are trying to trade or sell. Some people on here and other boards will sell great stuff cheap. If you make just a small profit on those you can extend the life of that 5K a lot. Always give people a good deal though, and it will come back to you tenfold (seen it happen).

5. I can probably think of more, my email is squeezeplay69@gmail.com

an online store is a lot of work and will more than likely cost more than$5g! Don't forget about all the trips to the PO you will have to make & spend time & gas on as well, if you're thinking you can just set up some kind of little store to help out collectors it won't be happening anytime soon & will wind up costing you in the long run...

I know it's work and more than 5k,but we are going to start with some mattel properties,DCUC mostly,maybe some MOTUC,see if I can get some e-mail accnts to order more of those. Maybe start with an amazon store something simple and then grow from there

I am not 100% on why my inbox is full of reports on this topic.

My only advice to you Rowdy is you consult JayC before you pimp your newfound site on here. We have sponsers that pay to advertise here. Maybe Jay can help you get on track if you are going to be a man of the people and help get things at cost he might be able to lead you to the right way

so my wifes taking her 5,000 and getting new boobs,I win twice!

Dang dude, you gots like all this loot and you be running off yo gums about how you can do this and that. If you don't know how to spend yo own dam munny send it to me. BTW can I see you wifes new boobies. I wants to stick my sausage in between them and massage em fo real yo. I'll provide the mayo of course.

I also notices you stole my name. What up with that foo?

Grow up and show some class. Why do I feel like this is a more vulgar version of Evilstar

Rowdyodowd-if only we were face to face. Anyways,I didn't have alot of money,I just goit some because some jerk blindsided me and my wife while she was pregnant. I was looking for some tips on some cool stuff taht's out there and find something worthy of the money I was allowed to spend. I figured in the end,I would really rather help people get figures and deal with figures as a side business. My love is toys and it would be cool to get things going. As far as pimping the site I won't do that I would pay Jayc to advertise or put a blurb on the front page if and when this all happens I am getting ready to call Mattel and see what needs to be done to start the process.

Rowdy26, you don't need to start an internet store, just use this thread to inform collectors you have stuff to sell or trade, just like a regular Trade thread.

Save your excess money for your wants and help out us collectors as you feel.

You save $$$ and them get great feedback, because word of mouth makes everything gravy!

One or two good deals and EVERYONE will want to buy from you.

onto other ideas, this is a great idea for you (and me) as a care package as armored villains that guys like Darkseid use under his employ ....

http://www.shopafx.com/bagabadacyac1.html

Let me know when you start making available the parts for Metallo

Rowdyodowd-if only we were face to face. Anyways,I didn't have alot of money,I just goit some because some jerk blindsided me and my wife while she was pregnant.

Ouch! I hope Rowdy Jr. is okay.

Another idea I had ...and someone might've suggested this already... How about FOUR of that 13" Green Lantern with the FOUR interchangeable heads so that you could have one of each Lantern? Da Big Dawg would LOVE that!

Rowdy, i treid to pm you, concerning that logo thing u were looking for, i studied graphic design and maybe we could work on something. PM me, ur inbox is full!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Chopper pm me your address.

why, just curious

gonna send you a care package in a few days.

whats a care package :o ?

It's a good thing you'll see.

i never got the care package :huh:

Sorry I just moved into a new house,as soon as we get settled I wll get it out also nee to know if yu have added any figures to your DCUC collection.

why, just curious

Sorry I just moved into a new house,as soon as we get settled I wll get it out also nee to know if yu have added any figures to your DCUC collection.

thanks, this is very nice of you, i was just checking

why, just curious

no i still have the same, nothing new