$5,000.00 to spend on toys preferably DC

Rowdy26

So me and my wife were in an accident that messed my back up and sent her into preterm labor. We reached a settlement yesterday for a nice chunk of change. I told my wife I wanted to pick up some figures I always wanted,she said why don't you just take 5,000 and spend it on whatever figures you want. I am like a kid a Christman and I have no idea what to spend it on. Should I pre-order everything I want coming out,do I get the MOC Super Powers collection I always wanted . I seriously am at a loss. I have always wished I had a large sum too drop on some toys and now that the time is here it's like I forgot everything I ever wanted to buy. I have come to respect alot of the opinions here and was looking to you guys to impart a little wisdom.

**talks in a Jim Baker voice** Rowdy..........Rowdy my son! I want you to reach out your hand right now & place it on your computer screen...............**speaks in toungs** EKOMAA HANDO SHABA SHABA HABA BOOM DIGGETY BOOOM!!! THANK YA LORD!!

Rowdy my son I've just spoken with the toy gods & they have made their will know thru me. I am but a vessel who must speak the truth. Rowdy the toy gods want to see you receive an even bigger blessing..........Rowdy I want to plant a seed that will come back too you ten fold....................Rowdy I want you to take me on a shopping spree !! Only then will your mind be set free & you will come to know your hearts desire.

LMAO!! SIKE! JK. all jokes aside I'm sorry to hear about your wife & baby. please tell me ever one will be ok in the long run.

& next I want DCUC wave 8&9 *smile* what! just thought i'd throw that out there LOL.

Rowdy what ever you deside to buy make sure that its something you realy want. Make sure its not impuls shopping & that its not item that are all hype & not much else. remember once you get them there yours. So what ever you buy make your self TRULY HAPPY!!

how should you spend it?forget toys,buy a 70" tv to watch TDK on,oh,and speaking of TDK do what none of us had the money to do,and buy a 1/6 hot toys Tumbler and Batpod :D .But in all,honesty,I say save it for when you see something you really like.

Go back to the insurance company. Ask for another five grand. THEN you might have enough to afford DCUC Wave 5.

@loll@

I'd probably finally break down and start buying Sideshow/Hot Toys stuff if I had a big wad of money to blow on them. And a DC Direct Swamp Thing, since they're so stupidly tough to get for a decent price. Beyond that I'd pick up just about any older figure I've wanted but never quite pulled the trigger on (DCD's JLA Atom for instance) and the newer waves of DCUC.

I believe I could blow 5 grand pretty damned quick, tbh.

Yeah,I have a 360,Wii,PS3,PS2,Atari,N64,xbox,Dc,and PSP. I always wanted one of those gaming chairs. Maybe a media /collection room would be cool.

well,Batman:Arkham Asylum is coming out,the collectors edition will have a 14" batarang and a doctor's journal w/leather dust jacket,and you can play as the joker on PS3.that's what I'm getting,its out on august 25.

Go back to the insurance company. Ask for another five grand. THEN you might have enough to afford DCUC Wave 5.

I have wave 5,alot of wave 5

001-5.jpg

002-2.jpg

As far as Arkham Asylym,yeah I plan to get that,for 360 and PS3.

If I had $5,000 dollars I'd buy a fur coat, but not a real fur coat that's cruel.

But I'd probably buy the Hot Toys Tumbler and Batpod, along with a Batman figure. After that I'd spend some time getting a few display cases built for what I've already got. Something nice, lighted made of a nice hard wood and finished well. If there was anything left I'd work on a multi-media display b/c if you have all the consoles you listed then you need a nice way to house them along with all the games you've got.

If your looking to drop a sizable chunk of change on DC toys, I'd suggest the DC Direct 13 inch figures. They're pretty pricey, especially the ones that are out of circulation like the the first Green Lantern and Superman w Clark Kent clothes which you can find on eBay every now and then, and the ones that are still in circulation will still cost about $60 to $100 a piece, but boy are the worth it. I was never a big fan of the bigger scale doll sized figures, but once I started getting these I was hooked. Almost all the main JLA are out or coming out so with a good chunk of change like you got you could have a nice display collection in one big spending spree. That's my two cents.

well heres my lil wish list.

DCD Cyborg Superman matter of fact make that the entire wave that comes with him like Brainiac, ect ect.

Hot Toys TDK..................ummm like all of them including the bat pod and tumbler (ive always wanted extra figs to open)

Each and every golden age DCD fig that I don't have alreadt (most of them sell for about $50 to $100

OMG!!!!! I know go over to HARDHERO.COM (and be careful you don't put an "s" at the end of the word Hero..............trust me that not a site your gonna wanna explain to your wife why its on your browser LOL. But I could go HOG WILD on Marvel statues! Its the strangest thing. I hate Marvels figs But EFFING LOVE the statues they licence. trust me , some of thoes statues go for over $300, so your "Brewster's Millions" will go realy fast in there!

Also hear over to tfsourse.com and snatch up all thoes masterpices TFs and Binaltech that I've been drooling over for the longest. and while your there check out the World Smallest Transformers aka WST collection.

OH YEAH!! any and all ABSOLUTE DC COMICS such as Planetary, Watchmen, The Authority, Justice League The New Frontier, Batman Hush, The Long Halloween, The Dark Knight, and my all time favs The Sandman Collection vols 1 thru 4.

well if that list doesnt put you back in the poor house then you come find Queen honey and i'll burn up all that pesky cash for you @smilepunch@ .

P.S. Here's a few more things I buy. this first one IS MOST DEFF EXATLY what i'd spend my first purchace on. why? because I can still remember seeing a resin model in one of thoes Aisian toy mags that writen in all Japanees, but the toy were so effin hot I made all manner of secreat vows that if I ever had the means I would but them instantly!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

I have wave 5,alot of wave 5

001-5.jpg

002-2.jpg

As far as Arkham Asylym,yeah I plan to get that,for 360 and PS3.

Can you spare a Metallo arm for the Big Dawg?

I've got a Despero torso I could trade!

So me and my wife were in an accident that messed my back up and sent her into preterm labor. We reached a settlement yesterday for a nice chunk of change. I told my wife I wanted to pick up some figures I always wanted,she said why don't you just take 5,000 and spend it on whatever figures you want. I am like a kid a Christman and I have no idea what to spend it on. Should I pre-order everything I want coming out,do I get the MOC Super Powers collection I always wanted . I seriously am at a loss. I have always wished I had a large sum too drop on some toys and now that the time is here it's like I forgot everything I ever wanted to buy. I have come to respect alot of the opinions here and was looking to you guys to impart a little wisdom.

First off I'm sorry you got into an accident. Secondly, I'm glad you got compensated for your troubles. Thirdly, you're wife is awesome.

I'm going to assume you're a DC fan (and if somebody else posted this suggestion then sorry) so if you like good expensive stuff you really can't go wrong with Hot Toys. I have the 2-in-1 Superman and the entire Dark Knight series including the Bat-Pod with the Tumbler hopefully coming soon. That's good stuff.

Anyway, why don't you save some of it? Mattel doesn't seem to be slowing down (too much) so why don't you just hang on to it. DCUC figures aren't getting cheaper.