Trek Markdown at Walmart

Wheeljack35

These aren't on clearance

Wal-Mart doesn't have "sale" prices, they're on clearance, brick and mortar Wal-Mart's operate mostly by commission on items like toys. Wal-Mart's "sale" price is their "everyday low price"...they may roll back prices but that indicates a clearance. Now it doesn't mean the end of a line of toys but it does indicate that a given product has sat on the shelves too long and must be moved.

did I not say the "Clearance Bird of Pray" was gonna blow these figs off the peggs lol @smilepunch@ .

don't hate.

Kids were never going to latch on to this line like they have with other movie/TV tie-ins, it just wasn't kid friendly enough. There's a reason Kevin Smith makes action figures aimed at adults only, Playmates should have done the same.

Wal-Mart doesn't have "sale" prices, they're on clearance, brick and mortar Wal-Mart's operate mostly by commission on items like toys. Wal-Mart's "sale" price is their "everyday low price"...they may roll back prices but that indicates a clearance. Now it doesn't mean the end of a line of toys but it does indicate that a given product has sat on the shelves too long and must be moved.

This isn't exactly true. Wal-mart doesn't necessarily have "sale" prices, but they do "price cuts." Whether it is clearance or not depends on whether the figures are labelled with red and white clearance stickers, or if the price marker on the shelf is a red and white marker. If the price stickers are still yellow and white, then it's just a "price cut." Price cuts are not the same as clearance. For example, the past couple of Christmas seasons, Wal-mart has marked down Transformers and Star Wars figures with price cuts, but after Christmas, the prices went back up to normal. With clearances, the prices should keep getting marked down until the product is all gone (but there have been some odd occasions when a clearance item will suddenly go back to full price).

Also, price cuts are much more uniform throughout all Wal-mart stores. Generally, each store sets its own clearance prices (although the Indiana Jones stuff was clearanced similarly last year), whereas price cuts are set by Wal-mart corporate.

They have been marked down

There NOT on clearance...For one if they were they would of has a red tag near it and the sign was like that of when they marked down the Indiana Jones items

It is there new low price

I know I work for Target and have been in retail for 25 years and I do know the differences

They have been marked down

There NOT on clearance...For one if they were they would of has a red tag near it and the sign was like that of when they marked down the Indiana Jones items

It is there new low price

I know I work for Target and have been in retail for 25 years and I do know the differences

My walmart has the ST figs (both sizes) on red tags now. I think it's like 2.50 and 5.00 or something. Same for Terminator figs.

I also had a feeling these wouldn't sell well. TRU and Targets aren't selling many of them either in my area.

The 2 Wally's I visited today didn't have jacksh!t for ST out. Previously, they were innundated with them. I postulate they are either tired of watching them NOT move, or have pulled them temporarily to make room (capitalize) on TF2 and Terminator. Then, when those lines fail to garner crazy sales, the ST stuff will come back out.

Yeah, not a real positive outlook, but then, I'm not happy with the 'new' ST, TF, OR Terminator.

They could mark down all the Trek figures to a penny and I still wouldn't buy them. I was going to get the bridge until I realized it didn't come with any of the pieces, making for a grand total of 0 Star Trek toys I was interested in thanks to Playmates horrible sculpts and articulation.