Who do you feel is the most underated DCSH/DCUC figure?

Rowdy26

Any of the obscure characters that are currently coming out...I think a lot of people are only getting them so they can complete their C&C figure, but I'm excited that Mattel is making some weird choices of characters that have never been made before...

Killer Moth

Gentleman Ghost (VERY nice figure, btw)

Vigilante (nice figure of a character who killed himself almost 20 years ago)

Steel

These are odd choices, but I'm so happy to have them in my collection!

now, if only they would make a Granny Goodness for me...

Wonder Woman and Supergirl are fantastic. If there is one thing Mattel has done better than Hasbro, it's female fits. ML females don't touch WW, SG, or any of the other female figs (I can't think of one bad DCUC/DCSH female fig).

I think Capt Cold is under rated. He's an amazingly perfect fig and yet TRU has 5 sitting on the pegs right now. Target has another couple. wtf?

Wonder Woman, but most of all is Darkseid. There are 2 versions of Darkseid, one with a more stone looking face and the other more common with less stone detail. Either way, Darkseid while not perfect was still pretty brilliant, the shading, color of his belt and the details to his gloves and the soles of his feet were awesome. Though his head (like all DCSH) is much too small for the awesome sculpt

Darkseid is very underated,also he is the right height people. Damn McGuiness came around and drew Darkseid as a giant and f'd it all up. Darkeid is a beatiful sculpt,the wash on the light blue one brings out all that detail,I wish the navy blue one would have had the wash.

all I really know is DCUC, but for my money,

I love the obscure/unknown character choices (Killer Moth, Mr. Terrific, Etc.)

Almost the entire first wave was amazing. Etrigan, the Penguin, Orion, Metamorpho and Red Tornado were all well sculpted with great paint apps. Classic detective batman was the only one I was kind of meh about, but even he is pretty great.

My choice for least necesarry, easily, is ocean warrior Aquaman. It isn't that I don't think he should be here, but I think he should've been a variant instead of a core figure. Wave 2 shoul've been short hair Aquaman, with ocean warrior as a variant, and then the long hair one should've come out in a latter wave, with a slightly smaller sculpt, or slimmer anyway, and with a sword instead of a trident.

also, this is my first post. hello.

Darkseid is very underated,also he is the right height people. Damn McGuiness came around and drew Darkseid as a giant and f'd it all up. Darkeid is a beatiful sculpt,the wash on the light blue one brings out all that detail,I wish the navy blue one would have had the wash.

Your right regarding his height, people think he is supposed to be super huge and he is not, 6'8 in real world terms or maybe a little more. I think they maybe should redesign the head (make it larger) and then redesign the legs a little. I even think Kalibak is a little too big, not nearly as ridiculous as Grundy and Despero

Mr Miracle...great figure and great accessories. Motherbox on the belt?! hell yeah

I have to agree here with featofstrength mr. miracle is one of my fav figures and with all the accessories he comes with makes him more than just the peg warmer he always seems to be.

I love Darkseid. Own the original DCSH version, but as for his scale. According to DC is he is over 8 feet tall!

So yeah, he is a bit small, but still awesome.

But the underrated figs are definitely Killer Moth, Camo Aquaman, and yellow Sinestro. Yeah Sin is small but man that variant is tuff cookies!!! Great design!

Killer Moth was actually very impressive. Yeah, they kind of skimped on the wing by not making them mobile, but that maskis very well done. Nice addition to Batman's Rogues Gallery.

And thanks to Gundam, the Ocean Warrior (camoflouge) Aquaman is now in my possession and his color design is tight.

I can't beleive that I am saying this, but DCUC is getting better.

When people list their favorites Hawkman, Aquaman and the up-coming Green Arrow (Let's pray they don't botch this one!) seem to get all the votes and this line so far has really only had one significant dud (Starfire) so there are A LOT of under-appreciated figures here.

Here are a few notables...

1. Captain Atom, Flash and Atom all fall under the category of very simple figures who were done in a simple a straight forward way and therefore on the strength of the characters' designs remain perfect. I honestly could not improve on these figures in any way!

2. Killer Moth and Amazo get a nod because they're both great figures of characters with such crazy designs that Mattel showed a lot of guts in producing them as they appeared in the comics. I hope the up-coming Shark looks as good. Here's the inside scoop on Killer Moth... A Killer Moth model was initially produced based on the more-monstrous Killer Moth ...I forget his name but it was the one who'd made a deal with Neron in the comics...Anyway, the model was for a very large, very detailed sculpt that proved impossible to produce practically or economically. Mattel rejected the figure but since KM is a Bat-Villain, they still wanted a figure of the character. The Four Horsemen therefore turned to the character's classic Silver Age look and that's the figure we got.

3. Metamorpho is one of the most over-looked BAFs yet. He's beautifully detailed, with great accessories and proves that C&C's don't need to be giants to be good!

4. I still insist that DCSH has as much of a place alongside DCUC as my Mego Fonzie. DCSH and DCUC are not the same line AT ALL. Having said this though, if there are any figures from DCSH that I would pull from the back of the action figure bus and sit up front with the respectable figures it would be Parasite and Brainiac. I'd also allow for Clayface, but he gets a good amount of attention so in the spirit of the discussion, I won't mention him here. Parasite particularly...although I prefer a more human Parasite...has a sculpt that can hold its own alongside DCUC.

On a side note, that Darkseid is a woeful piece of garbage. You guys aren't alone in displaying these sad, sad figures among the gems of DCUC. A couple of my friends do the same thing and I always take him out of there. One guy I no longer talk to used to combine his DCUC with DC Direct and I would force him to segregate the two collections or threaten to leave. Once I even had to go to his folks about this but they were idiots and no help at all. You can't take that horribly under-whelming Darkseid, hold him up against Kalibak and those parademons and still insist that these are from the same line. I know none of us like having holes in our line-ups but COME ON! Let's not be animals! Patience! I'm sure Mattel will get around to serving up a proper Darkseid. I know for a fact the Four Horsemen are chomping at the bit to amend for the insulting sin that is the DCSH Darkseid.

Wow Big Dawg your a cool guy and all but you might need so mental help. For someone who has so much insider info you would think you would know that DCUC was a continuation of DCSH but with the whole DC Universe. If you would have told me to fix MY display or you were leaving and then went and told my mommy I would have kicked you in the ass on your way out...LOL. That's just weird. Calling people animals for mixing lines is just even weirder..How old are you? That's a serious question. Darkseid fits perfectly with the other 4th world characters,he is a beautiful scuplt . Better then some DCUC figures. You are the only collector who thinks they are different lines.

• Like 1

When people list their favorites Hawkman, Aquaman and the up-coming Green Arrow (Let's pray they don't botch this one!) seem to get all the votes and this line so far has really only had one significant dud (Starfire) so there are A LOT of under-appreciated figures here.

Here are a few notables...

1. Captain Atom, Flash and Atom all fall under the category of very simple figures who were done in a simple a straight forward way and therefore on the strength of the characters' designs remain perfect. I honestly could not improve on these figures in any way!

2. Killer Moth and Amazo get a nod because they're both great figures of characters with such crazy designs that Mattel showed a lot of guts in producing them as they appeared in the comics. I hope the up-coming Shark looks as good. Here's the inside scoop on Killer Moth... A Killer Moth model was initially produced based on the more-monstrous Killer Moth ...I forget his name but it was the one who'd made a deal with Neron in the comics...Anyway, the model was for a very large, very detailed sculpt that proved impossible to produce practically or economically. Mattel rejected the figure but since KM is a Bat-Villain, they still wanted a figure of the character. The Four Horsemen therefore turned to the character's classic Silver Age look and that's the figure we got.

3. Metamorpho is one of the most over-looked BAFs yet. He's beautifully detailed, with great accessories and proves that C&C's don't need to be giants to be good!

4. I still insist that DCSH has as much of a place alongside DCUC as my Mego Fonzie. DCSH and DCUC are not the same line AT ALL. Having said this though, if there are any figures from DCSH that I would pull from the back of the action figure bus and sit up front with the respectable figures it would be Parasite and Brainiac. I'd also allow for Clayface, but he gets a good amount of attention so in the spirit of the discussion, I won't mention him here. Parasite particularly...although I prefer a more human Parasite...has a sculpt that can hold its own alongside DCUC.

On a side note, that Darkseid is a woeful piece of garbage. You guys aren't alone in displaying these sad, sad figures among the gems of DCUC. A couple of my friends do the same thing and I always take him out of there. One guy I no longer talk to used to combine his DCUC with DC Direct and I would force him to segregate the two collections or threaten to leave. Once I even had to go to his folks about this but they were idiots and no help at all. You can't take that horribly under-whelming Darkseid, hold him up against Kalibak and those parademons and still insist that these are from the same line. I know none of us like having holes in our line-ups but COME ON! Let's not be animals! Patience! I'm sure Mattel will get around to serving up a proper Darkseid. I know for a fact the Four Horsemen are chomping at the bit to amend for the insulting sin that is the DCSH Darkseid.

DCSH and DCUC ARE the same lines. You obviously diss the DCSH figures because they are rare and expensive on the secondary market. You missed out and you can't afford them. DCSH is just as GOOD as DCUC and just as CRAPPY.

It's the only 6 inch super hero line going right now. If ML and GI Joe 25th were still going that would be my lines but they are in limbo. I'm a compulsive action figure buyer. I like DCUC and take it for what it is, a great secondary company making secondary figures. But some delusional people like to rant that it is better than ML and I have to explain their ignorance to them.

It is like when a person buys video games. Do you only get AAA titles?(GTA, MGS) Or do you mix in some B titles that get lower reviews because you love video games but no AAA game hit the market that month? Or do you only see movies that score 90% or better on Rotten tomatoes? Not everything has to be perfect but they key is to not pretend second rate matertial is first rate.

'Rant end.'

Wow Big Dawg your a cool guy and all but you might need so mental help. For someone who has so much insider info you would think you would know that DCUC was a continuation of DCSH but with the whole DC Universe. If you would have told me to fix MY display or you were leaving and then went and told my mommy I would have kicked you in the ass on your way out...LOL. That's just weird. Calling people animals for mixing lines is just even weirder..How old are you? That's a serious question. Darkseid fits perfectly with the other 4th world characters,he is a beautiful scuplt . Better then some DCUC figures. You are the only collector who thinks they are different lines.

I have this arguement all the time with my inside guy. He does insist that DCUC and CSH are the same lines and I'm always getting into his face explaining to him that they're not. He's lying to me and I've told him and his girlfriend so. Mattel will NEVER admit that they ended the DCSH line. They're too afraid of scaring off, insulting, alienating all the collectors who supported that line by suddenly saying, "Yeah. Those figures? Forget 'em. We're doing better stuff now." Yeah. They'll drop a Clayface and a Man-Bat on us because it's cheap to do so. They'll even re-use a body here and there because it's cheap too. Slowly, however, we're getting the entire DCSH cast being re-done for us. They've re-done Joker, Superman, and look for that Darkseid soon.

I'm tired of so-called friends of mine trying to rub it in my face that they have a complete JLA Satellite line-up and then I go over their house and I see a Michael Turner Zatanna and a DC Direct Elongated Man. He even had a freaking Changeling in with his DCUC Titans. Wow! I tell them that looks terrible and I make them change their display right on the spot. I'm not taking that cr@p anymore. They're different lines. Why are people so willing to have such ghetto displays? Are they THAT desperate??? Sometimes when I have these arguements at my LCS I'm honestly moved to tears where I can't even talk about it anymore. DCUC will give us every character we want. Let's just wait for it. Patience, People.

I thought I'd be the only one to say it, but a few have already mentioned Etrigan as one that's underrated. I think he's one of the best looking DCUC figures to date.

I'd say the second Joker figure with the orange pants from DCSH is really underrated. He doesn't have all the articulation of DCUC, but the paint opp on that figure is outstanding, especially on the face. It's the perfect Joker face.

It's the only 6 inch super hero line going right now. If ML and GI Joe 25th were still going that would be my lines but they are in limbo. I'm a compulsive action figure buyer. I like DCUC and take it for what it is, a great secondary company making secondary figures. But some delusional people like to rant that it is better than ML and I have to explain their ignorance to them.

It is like when a person buys video games. Do you only get AAA titles?(GTA, MGS) Or do you mix in some B titles that get lower reviews because you love video games but no AAA game hit the market that month? Or do you only see movies that score 90% or better on Rotten tomatoes? Not everything has to be perfect but they key is to not pretend second rate matertial is first rate.

'Rant end.'

Second rate material huh? That must be why you have an avatar of the Iron Shiek.

Let me sum up every post that Johnny the Wannabe Wrestler has ever written:

I collect DCUC even though it sucks. I also eat hamburgers even though they suck and drink soda even though that sucks too. Oh and Wizard sucks unless they rank Wolverine as the GREATEST CHARACTER OF ALL TIME. I love Marvel so much my knees have permanent dirt marks. And Mattel is cheap because they use the same bodies all the time but all the other toy companies that reuse bodies like Toy Biz, Hot Toys, Hasbro and Sideshow are cool. Did I mention DC sucks? BOO YA!

Don't tell me it's about setting "ignorant people" straight. You go in the Marvel forums and do the same thing (Example: "I love my new Iceman figure. And DC sucks." ) and no one says a word about DC there-except you. You're just an ass looking for an argument. So what if someone thinks DCUC is better than ML? It's an opinion, not ignorance. You're the only one who points out people saying DCUC is better than ML. I rarely see that. Most of us here enjoy both equally.

For the record, I don't collect DCUC anymore but at one point I had almost every ML figure and to be honest after the Galactus wave they were really hit and miss on a regular basis. Only someone as delusional as you can miss the issues with that line. Remember, not everything has to be perfect but they key is to not pretend second rate material is first rate.

Seems to me the only ignorant person here is you. Go climb a turnbuckle.

I have this arguement all the time with my inside guy. He does insist that DCUC and CSH are the same lines and I'm always getting into his face explaining to him that they're not. He's lying to me and I've told him and his girlfriend so. Mattel will NEVER admit that they ended the DCSH line. They're too afraid of scaring off, insulting, alienating all the collectors who supported that line by suddenly saying, "Yeah. Those figures? Forget 'em. We're doing better stuff now." Yeah. They'll drop a Clayface and a Man-Bat on us because it's cheap to do so. They'll even re-use a body here and there because it's cheap too. Slowly, however, we're getting the entire DCSH cast being re-done for us. They've re-done Joker, Superman, and look for that Darkseid soon.

I'm tired of so-called friends of mine trying to rub it in my face that they have a complete JLA Satellite line-up and then I go over their house and I see a Michael Turner Zatanna and a DC Direct Elongated Man. He even had a freaking Changeling in with his DCUC Titans. Wow! I tell them that looks terrible and I make them change their display right on the spot. I'm not taking that cr@p anymore. They're different lines. Why are people so willing to have such ghetto displays? Are they THAT desperate??? Sometimes when I have these arguements at my LCS I'm honestly moved to tears where I can't even talk about it anymore. DCUC will give us every character we want. Let's just wait for it. Patience, People.

They apparently are the same if they're reissuing DCSH figures in the DCUC line. "War on Terror", "Overseas Contingency Operation", it's the same thing.

BTW Mattel doesn't have to admit they ended the DCSH line. The fact that they don't sell figures with a "DC Superheroes" logo on them pretty much means they ended the line.

And who gives a crap what other collector's want to buy and how they display them? I used to have all my DCUC/DCSH and DC Direct figures sitting on the shelf in unison. Now I have a Hot Toys Superman standing side by side with my Hot Toys Dark Knight figures AND my Hot Toys Iron Man figures. You come to my house and start rearranging my shelves you're in for a two-barrel surprise :o